United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2007, 08:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default You gotta love the British press. They don't bother with "journalism" at all these days.

It's easier to just copy bullshit of the internet, this is virtually word for word from goal.com yesterday and half the othe papers are running it too:-

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...280600,00.html

Unread 21-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default 27m for Torres?

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...football_home&

Hands up who'd rather Bent for 18m?

Unread 21-06-2007, 08:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Fuzzers, I've mentioned this elsewhere :-

http://www.utdforum.com/showthread.php?t=34071

This as the others are just lifted straight from that bullshit goal.com thing yesterday, journalistism at its finest.

Unread 21-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Soz. Will mmmerge.

Unread 21-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Anyway, point still stands. 27m is way over the top (if true).

Unread 21-06-2007, 08:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Soz. Will mmmerge.
OOh, howzat done eh? Well clever.

Unread 21-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
OOh, howzat done eh? Well clever.
I got Special powers after I was exposed to high levels of radiation. Didn't do my face any favours though.

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Anyway, point still stands. 27m is way over the top (if true).
I agree and it's wrong as they are using pounds where the original made up quote was Euros. 25 million Euros is about right. By the way Bent looks like he's gonna cost maybe £15 million, good player but that seems high too.

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Crumps

Good player although massively overpriced. Wouldn't be able to shine in a L'Pool/Benitez team imo though. I'll take Anelka for 8 mil

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
Good player although massively overpriced. Wouldn't be able to shine in a L'Pool/Benitez team imo though. I'll take Anelka for 8 mil
To be honest the more you hear about the strikers available, the better an Anelka deal seems.

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Like the cleaning of a house, it never ends

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:04 AM
forzagarza

Al Qaeda should blow up Madrid again

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
To be honest the more you hear about the strikers available, the better an Anelka deal seems.
He does everything all the other players have on offer do, he's proven in top flght english football, lives locally so settling in the area won't be a problem and is matured as a player. I honestly think upfront we need someone who is experienced or nearly the finished article not someone with plenty of potential as we have quite a lot of that atm.

£8,000,000 for a player like Anelka approaching his prime who seems to have sorted his head out is a £#%&!ing steal imo. The fact that if he came to us and performed well would piss the Vermin and Bitters off no end too.

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Whalefish

Does Anelka actually have the £8million clause in his contract or is it a media invention?

If he does, bite their hands off if nothing else is out there for a reasonable fee.

I'd still prefer Huntelaar.

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Like the cleaning of a house, it never ends

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:15 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Does Anelka actually have the £8million clause in his contract or is it a media invention?

Who knows?

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Crumps

Quote:

If he does, bite their hands off if nothing else is out there for a reasonable fee.

I'd still prefer Huntelaar.
Sounds feasible but £#%&! knows.

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Whalefish

Here's another belter:

Man Utd left-back Gabriel Heinze has agreed a top-secret £5m move to Real Madrid. (Daily Star)

So top secret that a Star journo has got the scoop.

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Here's another belter:

Man Utd left-back Gabriel Heinze has agreed a top-secret £5m move to Real Madrid. (Daily Star)

and that it's been talked about for the past 3 months.

Unread 21-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Baron

Quote:
Here's another belter:

He's leaving? The sly @#%&!...

Who knew.

Does anyone here know any actual tabloid journo's? I don't think they exist, just the same 4 or 5 on the Jimmy Hill show & the rest are their own WUM's in paper form doing c&p jobs from obscure football sites.
Closed Thread