Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He scored so at least he can have a nice jig and handshake on instagram

Another productive week
Actually did ok today.

Him and Rashford.

The rest were predictably overwhelmed.

Our options in key areas of the pitch are shocking for what we've spent.

£89m Pogba and £50m Fred left out of that midfield

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:46 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Actually did ok today.

Him and Rashford.

Still a £#%&!ing disaster area isn't it.

Still.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Actually did ok today.

Him and Rashford.

Rashford did alright, run his %@#$&!s off as always.

Lingard? Was on hand for the tap in, other than that his quality in the final 3rd wasn't there. But that's not his fault, that's just his level.

Unread 16-12-2018, 07:49 PM
sudored

Shaw has got a lovely arse. ❤️

Unread 16-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Rashford did alright, run his %@#$&!s off as always.

Lingard? Was on hand for the tap in, other than that his quality in the final 3rd wasn't there. But that's not his fault, that's just his level.
He's one of the few who tries to do the right thing. He steps up to the best of the ability. The ability is just not very good.

Unread 16-12-2018, 08:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
He's one of the few who tries to do the right thing. He steps up to the best of the ability. The ability is just not very good.
Funny though, they're the ones the manager says have no character. Not his massively expensive recruits who are such £#%&!ing shrinking violets.

@#%&!.

Unread 16-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Funny though, they're the ones the manager says have no character. Not his massively expensive recruits who are such £#%&!ing shrinking violets.

@#%&!.
The worst offenders for slacking off and turning it on when the sun is shining are Lukaku, Matic and Pogba.

All his signing and two of them are proper Mourinho boys.

And even if it's players he didn't sign, he's decided to keep them on. We're three years into his tenure. It's his side in his image, like it would be any other manager we hired. It doesn't mean we should be perfect, but we should be clearly on track. We have never looked worse under him.

He won his first four games in charge of us. We looked more cohesive then than we ever do now.

He is not turning this around and I don't even want to see him try.

Unread 16-12-2018, 09:17 PM
92ToBury

£#%&! me, could Jesse look any more in love with Poggers?

When he finally sucks French #@&%!, it will simply taste of relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbw91
Doesn’t matter whether it’s 2018 or 2008 or 1998. It really doesn’t.

One of life’s great truths is that you cannot judge people by what they say, only by what they do.

Social Media is a modern iteration of being able to say stuff, and all Pogba says is “I am a self centred preening @#%&! who is amazing”

What he does is put in half arsed performances for 90 minutes once or twice a week.
If he was £#%&!ing amazing, he could preen and be a @#%&! to his heart's content and we wouldn't care. Giggs' dalliance with his in-law was overlooked because he was delivering on the pitch, just like Chelsea glossed over Terry's fondness for other players' wives. If we were up there challenging and it was because we'd built a team round Pogba, happy days. Unfortunately, Newcastle are in better form than us at the moment and we're going to struggle to get a Europa League place at this.

They also have standards to maintain - when they go out, they're being photographed as United players and should respect their privilege position a bit more. Yes, it must be overwhelming, suddenly earning an average annual salary in a day or two, and yes, it's entirely up to them how much Versace and co can relieve them of to dress how they want but for Christ sake lads, wear some £#%&!ing socks!!!!

Unread 16-12-2018, 11:46 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 17-12-2018, 01:09 AM
utd99

Keano killin’ Siders right now.

I don’t like to see that tbh.

Quote:
So bin him for other reasons then; no problem with that at all as long as we get to the end result of players who are both good enough and committed enough. You can’t build from a platform where too many are missing one or the other - or in some cases both.

Unread 17-12-2018, 01:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Keano killin’ Siders right now.

I don’t like to see that tbh.

So bin him for other reasons then; no problem with that at all as long as we get to the end result of players who are both good enough and committed enough. You can’t build from a platform where too many are missing one or the other - or in some cases both.
Like you, he's choosing easy targets and showing himself detached from the modern game and world. Once again, it's Lingard and Rashford who show the attitude required and it's Lingard who actually provides a crucial contribution to the game. Why these lads are bigger targets than Matic, Lukaku, Sanchez and others I don't know. Laziness as a pundit I guess. If you came out of that game today thinking Lingard launching a clothing line is a worthy target then I reckon you need to put more effort into analysing the game.

Someone earlier in the thread said the year doesn't matter, but it does. In 2018 being active on social media isn't the extravagant behaviour you, Keane, Neville seem to think it is. It's pretty normal. What also happens in 2018 is these lads are more professional, more dedicated and make more sacrifices to be where they are than the guy you grew up watching. Keane grew up idolising Paul Mcgrath, who took to the field drunk. Can only imagine what you'd have made of that with your 'back in the day' idealism of current perception.

Unread 17-12-2018, 02:02 AM
utd99

That’s fair enough I suppose; horses for courses and all that. What you say is true- I identify and agree with Neville and Keane; you indentify and agree with Pogba and Lingard.

Tell you what though, at 3 o clock on a Saturday, I’d still rather watch old videos of Keane playing than watch Lingard and Pogba play live. Less depressing.

Unread 17-12-2018, 02:05 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
That’s fair enough I suppose; horses for courses and all that. What you say is true- I identify and agree with Neville and Keane; you indentify and agree with Pogba and Lingard.

Tell you what though, at 3 o clock on a Saturday, I’d still rather watch old videos of Keane playing than watch Lingard and Pogba play live. Less depressing.
I don't identify with Lingard at all. I just don't think him releasing a clothing range is remotely relevant to dissecting today's game.

I expect better of seasoned pros paid to analyse the game than to think any different.

Unread 17-12-2018, 02:16 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't identify with Lingard at all. I just don't think him releasing a clothing range is remotely relevant to dissecting today's game.

I expect better of seasoned pros paid to analyse the game than to think any different.
You can do both. You can analyse the details of this one match and talk more broadly about where both clubs are. I think people generally want more of the latter, because what happened in the 90 was right there in front of our faces. Hardly Agatha Christie stuff.

Unread 17-12-2018, 02:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
Like you, he's choosing easy targets and showing himself detached from the modern game and world. Once again, it's Lingard and Rashford who show the attitude required and it's Lingard who actually provides a crucial contribution to the game. Why these lads are bigger targets than Matic, Lukaku, Sanchez and others I don't know. Laziness as a pundit I guess. If you came out of that game today thinking Lingard launching a clothing line is a worthy target then I reckon you need to put more effort into analysing the game.

Someone earlier in the thread said the year doesn't matter, but it does. In 2018 being active on social media isn't the extravagant behaviour you, Keane, Neville seem to think it is. It's pretty normal. What also happens in 2018 is these lads are more professional, more dedicated and make more sacrifices to be where they are than the guy you grew up watching. Keane grew up idolising Paul Mcgrath, who took to the field drunk. Can only imagine what you'd have made of that with your 'back in the day' idealism of current perception.
Keane; drunk hopping hedges while recovering from his ACL injury, having to be bailed out of jail by Fergie, flying back to Cork and going on the piss every opportunity he got.. model professional.

There’s also the point that many of the current lots contracts will demand a social media presence; Adidas and United definitely want them getting as much exposure as possible..

Unread 17-12-2018, 02:18 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
You can do both. You can analyse the details of this one match and talk more broadly about where both clubs are. I think people generally want more of the latter, because what happened in the 90 was right there in front of our faces. Hardly Agatha Christie stuff.
None of that matters. Do you think that Lingard and Rashford demonstrate a poor attitude to training or approach to matches?

If so and you think that without outside interests they'd be better players, then fair enough. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.

Unread 17-12-2018, 02:20 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Keane; drunk hopping hedges while recovering from his ACL injury, having to be bailed out of jail by Fergie, flying back to Cork and going on the piss every opportunity he got.. model professional.
You’re reaching. Keane was a giant, as was Robson, another alco though both made everyone around them better. The people we’re discussing in this thread are ants by comparison.

Unread 17-12-2018, 02:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

There’s also the point that many of the current lots contracts will demand a social media presence; Adidas and United definitely want them getting as much exposure as possible..
Yep. These lads are determined to ignore the basic realities of the world they live in. Ronaldo is active on social media. Judge the player;s professionalism by his attitude and commitment on the pitch. People who don't rate Lingard as a footballer pretending that him wearing a hat and glasses in photo shoot is the issue is just silly. If anyone's distracted by social media....

Unread 17-12-2018, 02:27 AM
utd99

Quote:
None of that matters. Do you think that Lingard and Rashford demonstrate a poor attitude to training or approach to matches?

If so and you think that without outside interests they'd be better players, then fair enough. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.
I’m not at training so I can’t say, but you knew that so why ask? I think they have a flimsy attitude to everything, yes, so that would include us and their profession. That’s based on how they present themselves off the field and how they perform on it.

Mostly though this is about not knowing, or caring, how to read a room. The supporters of this club have suffered for five and a half years with declining standards in relation to our peers; I think most don’t want to see pictures of these two prancing about like they don’t have a care in the world. How can you be a pro and not know this? But that’s the point: they do, and just don’t give a £#%&!, and neither it seems do you.

Ronaldo ffs.

Ronaldo wins CL’s by himself and doesn’t do half the shit these morons do. And if he did, so what? He can get away with it. You really think these two are walking the walk on the pitch?

There’s no part of me that believes you don’t get this. I think you’re just trolling.
Closed Thread