United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
"Red next to black, jump the £#%&! back. Red next to yella, cuddly fella"

Unread 17-12-2018, 10:52 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Neville and Keane spot on with everything they said.

Problems run a lot deeper than just who the manager is or isn’t.

Unread 17-12-2018, 10:53 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Pogba is a good professional. But he's a stretch limousine and the Premier League is a load of very tight and twisty country roads.
Our owners are a load of very tight and twisty country roads.

Unread 17-12-2018, 10:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Neville and Keane spot on with everything they said.

Problems run a lot deeper than just who the manager is or isn’t.
The right manager would solve 80/90% of them and we'd just be left with the issue of Shite owners, which Fergie dealt with in the form of Martin Edwards for the majority of his tenure.

Owners want to spend little and make a lot, it's what they do and always have done, with one or two exceptions.

Unread 17-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The right manager would solve 80/90% of them and we'd just be left with the issue of Shite owners, which Fergie dealt with in the form of Martin Edwards for the majority of his tenure.

Owners want to spend little and make a lot, it's what they do and always have done, with one or two exceptions.
Liverpool's owners aren't much different to ours.

They just have the right manager in place.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

I'm not sure if they still have that moneyball transfer thing in place that Rodgers used to whinge about, but if they have, they've made mistakes, learned from it and improved year on year. Striving to get the right people and players in. Can't knock them tbh.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:04 AM
doudou

Quote:

They're a little different -- they at least had the nous to realise they needed football people to deal with the football.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
I'm not sure if they still have that moneyball transfer thing in place that Rodgers used to whinge about, but if they have, they've made mistakes, learned from it and improved year on year. Striving to get the right people and players in. Can't knock them tbh.
Hopefully our owners will do the same recognise how success on the pitch correlates with success off it.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Buck

Luke Shaw RIP

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:36 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
What am I looking at?

Has he done a Valencia and liked a negative tweet or something?

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Buck

Quote:
What am I looking at?

Yes

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
What am I looking at?

Liked a tweet complaining about all the best players being left out; Bailly, Pogba, Martial etc.

Is he injured btw?

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:40 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
What am I looking at?

Yep
You have to click on the picture to see it

Back in dungeon for Shaw although I think Jose had gone off him again anyway with Young back in favour

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:43 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Liked a tweet complaining about all the best players being left out; Bailly, Pogba, Martial etc.

Is he injured btw?
I thought he was yeah.

Ah well, the more people Jose alienates, the quicker he'll be sacked.

Thankfully, I think most of the players he's killing with a thousand cuts will be here after he will.

Ofcourse, he's too arrogant to spot a trend of players 'liking' things that claim him to the problem

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:58 AM
AK14

Quote:

We’ve been saying that since Fergie retired and have gone through 3 managers in that time.

All have had problems with player recruitment and Ed Woodward, also all have questioned how the club is run with regards to scouting etc

I don’t think anyone is saying Mourinho isn’t a huge problem or doesn’t deserve to be sacked, but our problems aren’t just down to him, just as they weren’t just down to Van Gaal

We need to look at the complete structure of how the footballing side is run, or there’s a big chance we’ll all be saying the same things in two years time with the new manager.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Is he injured btw?
yeah strained his back trying to climb out of his skin-tight jeans.

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
I'd imagine that can be painful.

Unread 17-12-2018, 01:18 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Should be made to wear boot cut

Unread 17-12-2018, 02:07 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We need to look at the complete structure of how the footballing side is run, or there’s a big chance we’ll all be saying the same things in two years time with the new manager.
Interesting take and a fresh angle.

The clipboard on your phone must see more visits than a morning after clinic in Essex.

Unread 17-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Interesting take and a fresh angle.

The clipboard on your phone must see more visits than a morning after clinic in Essex.

Fresh take on things there.....