Buck

Before smartphones and instagram, Ryan Giggs took a film crew on holiday

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s50YncajV_I
Keane/Ferguson wouldn't have had that imo.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:16 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
£#%&!ing hell, i've seen it all now - dunk giving happiness advice

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s50YncajV_I
That is so 90s it’s almost painful

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:22 AM
My Name is Keith

It’s not a big deal particularly but the insta fashion rap thing that our shit@#%&!s promote simply opens the door for criticiism. If it was me, I wouldn’t be doing all that shit - especially whilst performing so poorly - but then I’m not a grade a #@&%! and lingard is.

I £#%&!ing hate every one of them - the spineless @#%&!s. Probably an age thing but I’ve never felt more detached from the players the manager and the club. Having half the shit @#%&!s ballooning about promoting their off field activities whilst being utter gash on the pictch is certainly a factor in my detachment.

Wasn’t lukaku ‘spitting rhymes’ the other week (really badly)? I mean ffs, I despair at the £#%&!ers.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
It’s not a big deal particularly but the insta fashion rap thing that our shit@#%&!s promote simply opens the door for criticiism. If it was me, I wouldn’t be doing all that shit - especially whilst performing so poorly - but then I’m not a grade a #@&%! and lingard is.

I £#%&!ing hate every one of them - the spineless @#%&!s. Probably an age thing but I’ve never felt more detached from the players the manager and the club. Having half the shit @#%&!s ballooning about promoting their off field activities whilst being utter gash on the pictch is certainly a factor in my detachment.

Wasn’t lukaku ‘spitting rhymes’ the other week (really badly)? I mean ffs, I despair at the £#%&!ers.
As much as I'm defending it.... Oh yeah, it's gross. The idea of spending time with Jesse Lingard or Paul Pogba is appalling.

As you say, you wouldn't do that because you're not a #@&%!.... but these kids are. They're not bad lads, but they a generation or so below most of us on here and they earn obscene amounts of money that we could only dream of earning.

They're detached from us because they are ultimately absolutely nothing like us. That's why it bothers us... that and the fact they're dicks.

The wider point is it's a bit £#%&!ing rich of the likes of Neville and Keane to judge a medium they don't really understand simply because it wasn't around when they were.... But they're too short-sighted to see that other versions of it did and they willingly took part in it.

'They could back it up'

It doesn't relate to how good they are either. And it shouldn't.

Nobody cut David may out of the move move move video because he was shit.

You can't say to Jesse Lingard that he can go on Instagram less than David De Gea.

If they are being lazy on the pitch, then fair enough... but for most of them, it's not for a lack of effort.

Every club has this. From top to bottom. Clubs promote it too. United are geared towards social media and likes more than they are football.... so why would the younger players be expected to stay off there?

It took up far too much airtime yesterday.

It's a mikd irritation to me, but these lads aren't my friends. What annoys me more is Ashley Young failing to track sadio mane's run or lukaku failing to trap the simplest of 5 yard passes.

That actually matters.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:40 AM
dunk

I suppose that's the problem with having a vested interest in something that can only be done by the young, whilst also having a serious dislike for young people and their ways..

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:47 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Ah, so because he’s been sacked he therefore knows less about united and being a professional footballer than you do. Nice argument.
Keano being hugely professional before a cup final
I suppose it was better than launching his own clothing range and wishing happy birthday to a player on social media

https://www.theguardian.com/football...wsstory.sport4

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:49 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

If you do say so yourself eh, pol.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:52 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
£#%&!ing hell, i've seen it all now - dunk giving happiness advice
ffs

Unread 17-12-2018, 12:00 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I suppose that's the problem with having a vested interest in something that can only be done by the young, whilst also having a serious dislike for young people and their ways..
I think that’s fair. I know a lot of lads on here are into their hip hop culture etc so how Paul pogba wears his hair, whether he’s good at doing the floss or what over priced over sized jewellery he has on is probably quite a big deal to them. To me I’m not remotely interested in that type of thing and never have been, even when I was young.

If they performed, if lingard could stop doing 15 shit things for every one thing he did well, if Rashford could be relied on to perform at least once in a key moment, if pogba could deliver what we think he can do week in week out , if lukaku could lose weight and actually learn to control a football then this wouldn’t even be a thing.

Their off field promotion is just another reason not to like them at the moment and lord, do I despise them.

Unread 17-12-2018, 03:17 PM
utd99

Quote:

Don't mate. Siders, his toady and the forum troll have obviously identified this as the angst subject of the week and they're milking it for whatever it's worth. "Ooh Giggs did this, PNev did that"..yes, and they were part of a team of serial winners you £#%&!ing morons, not competing with Wolves for top spot in the 'best of the shitbags' league. Mendy et al can do what they want; his team just won the league with 100 points. It's not difficult is it?

People want to talk as though perception has suddenly become obsolete simply because technology has moved on, but it hasn't and never will. The people who work and play for this club should always be expected to conduct themselves in a manner becoming Man Utd; this is why when Moyes said we aspire to be like City everyone lost their rag. Technically, from a points and position aspect, he was right, but as manager of Man Utd you just don't say it.

Unread 17-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Don't mate. Siders, his toady and the forum troll have obviously identified this as the angst subject of the week and they're milking it for whatever it's worth. "Ooh Giggs did this, PNev did that"..yes, and they were part of a team of serial winners you £#%&!ing morons, not competing with Wolves for top spot in the 'best of the shitbags' league. Mendy et al can do what they want; his team just won the league with 100 points. It's not difficult is it?

People want to talk as though perception has suddenly become obsolete simply because technology has moved on, but it hasn't and never will. The people who work and play for this club should always be expected to conduct themselves in a manner becoming Man Utd; this is why when Moyes said we aspire to be like City everyone lost their rag. Technically, from a points and position aspect, he was right, but as manager of Man Utd you just don't say it.
might be taking this a bit too seriously mate.

Unread 17-12-2018, 03:23 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
might be taking this a bit too seriously mate.
Getting tea-bagged by our biggest rivals on a regular basis is serious business.

Unread 17-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Buck

Quote:

I think it's easier to accept guys like us are not the target audience for these videos. The youngsters love their antics because it's fun to them. Let them have it.

Pogba, Lingard and co would do the same if we were league and champions league winners because that's who they are.

Unread 17-12-2018, 03:33 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Pogba, Lingard and co would do the same if we were league and champions league winners because that's who they are.
@#%&!s.

Correct.

Unread 17-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Getting tea-bagged by our biggest rivals on a regular basis is serious business.
yes it is. i meant the opinions of other forumistas [SIZE="1"](hate that word) on social media behaviour.

Unread 17-12-2018, 03:38 PM
windy waffles

Also, people defending them saying it's the generation etc.

Lingard is 26 and he is doing stupid handshakes and doing dances on a game that is geared towards 12 year olds.

I am 34 but I can say, hand on heart, I wasn't doing stupid little dances on social media or anywhere else eight years ago. He needs to grow up ffs.
Closed Thread