United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 10:35 AM
AK14
 
Football Scott McTominay

Played very well last night and it's great to see trust being shown in a kid for such a big game
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Wellinever
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Played very well last night and it's great to see trust being shown in a kid for such a big game


Agreed, he didn't seem overawed at starting a CL away match, seems to have that big match temperament, maybe he got lost a bit in second half, but overall he did well.
Says something when a kid like that plays better in a 'big match', than a £90m player in a similar position!
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 10:49 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!
 
Default

Defensively solid/did a job.

Attacking, offered nothing.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 10:53 AM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Defensively solid/did a job.

Attacking, offered nothing.
Other than our only shot on target

But yeah, offered nothing in attack.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Ethers
 
Default

Heís a nothing player.

Can run a lot, but heís one of the most limited players Iíve ever seen going forward.

Did ok last night tbf, which is to say he did nothing particularly bad, and nothing particularly good. No wonder Mourinho seems to rate him so highly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Other than our only shot on target

But yeah, offered nothing in attack.


Yeah, absolute belter wasnít it tbf.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 10:58 AM
ZiggyStardust
 
Default

He worked hard and was solid which in terms of our outfield players made him motm.....£#%&! me how standards have slipped

Seems a nice lad but he's an average footballer
Let's be honest the only reason Jose is picking him is because he's 6′ 4″
If he was below 6ft there's no way Jose would be playing him

Cleverley was a much better footballer than McTommygun
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 10:59 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Other than our only shot on target

But yeah, offered nothing in attack.
There was one?

Different expectations for the lad, of which he did well. But can't see Bayern, Madrid, Barca, Juve giving us a ring on the back of it.

Still happy for Mourinho he got his minder for Matic (remember him?) for the night.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 11:01 AM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
There was one?

Different expectations for the lad, of which he did well. But can't see Bayern, Madrid, Barca, Juve giving us a ring on the back of it.

Still happy for Mourinho he got his minder for Matic (remember him?) for the night.
God alive you're boring.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Throw
 
Default

Absolutely hate his hair, his overbite and his little teddy bear eyes. Tim nice but dim looking £#%&!er.

Looked solid though.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 11:04 AM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Heís a nothing player.

Can run a lot, but heís one of the most limited players Iíve ever seen going forward.

Did ok last night tbf, which is to say he did nothing particularly bad, and nothing particularly good. No wonder Mourinho seems to rate him so highly.




Yeah, absolute belter wasnít it tbf.
The point was that tbr said he offered nothing in attack, when in reality he had a shot on target proving he did in fact offer something in attack.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Ethers
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The point was that tbr said he offered nothing in attack, when in reality he had a shot on target proving he did in fact offer something in attack.
Ok.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 11:06 AM
Pop
 
Default

Stoke or West Brom beckons if we're being honest.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Baron
 
Default

He was OK, asked to do a job & all credit to him for his two touch game, almost always popped it off to a shirt.

That said, did have a very ropey 5min before half time where I thought he was going to cost us, gave it away 4 or 5 times on the spin in dreadful areas, you simply can't do that against decent sides & I think it showed how $#*! Sevilla really were that they didn't get stuck right into him from then on.

No idea if he'll actually become a player, because who knows what any player is capable under Mourinho?
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 11:50 AM
TheFatGoth
 
Default

The new Darron Gibson nqat
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Throw
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
The new Darron Gibson nqat
Gibson had a shot on him.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Albert Tatlock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He worked hard and was solid which in terms of our outfield players made him motm.....£#%&! me how standards have slipped

Seems a nice lad but he's an average footballer
Let's be honest the only reason Jose is picking him is because he's 6′ 4″
If he was below 6ft there's no way Jose would be playing him

Cleverley was a much better footballer than McTommygun


You had me until the last line.

He's a Darren Fletcher. Limited talent, (that might improve) but if used correctly a good squad player. He's got a better attitude than many on the pitch last night
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 11:56 AM
ZiggyStardust
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock


You had me until the last line.

He's a Darren Fletcher. Limited talent, (that might improve) but if used correctly a good squad player. He's got a better attitude than many on the pitch last night
It's true though
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Switching Off
 
Default

Suspect he followed instructions to the letter, which in Fellaini's absence, should see him competing with Smalling for Managers Player of the Year.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Shade
 
Default

The next Roy Keane obviously, for doing the basics right like the average plodder does at Stoke City.
 
Unread 22-02-2018, 01:13 PM
shenwen
 
Default

A shot on target

He chipped it to the keeper

How was/is he when playing with the kids? Was he a stand out at that level? Is he the best midfielder of his generation at United? Worrying if so
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Scott McTominay
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scott McTominay - Pivotal dunk Football 50 06-11-2022 01:21 AM
Scott McTominay Pre Season Drexl Football 41 27-07-2022 10:35 AM
Scott McTominay injured 20LEgend1999 Football 31 26-08-2021 06:13 PM
Why Manchester United now can't do without Fred and Scott McTominay fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 14-11-2020 05:00 PM
Scott McTominay is actually the truth saffers Football 44 12-04-2019 02:43 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.