United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming
Closed Thread

Unread 12-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Sparky***

Default These Jap and Hong Kong PS3s that are all over eBay..

...what's the deal? Is it worth getting one or a complete waste of time?

Unread 12-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Luffy

Never ever buy first gen hardware anymore. Thats my rule anyway, especially when its expensive as that, from ebay and HK.

If you do make the plunge for a PS3, make sure its from a big company with a proper warranty and all the works.

besides PS3 has nothing going for it right now games wise.

DS and 360 is where its at!

Unread 12-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Never ever buy first gen hardware anymore. Thats my rule anyway, especially when its expensive as that, from ebay and HK.

If you do make the plunge for a PS3, make sure its from a big company with a proper warranty and all the works.

besides PS3 has nothing going for it right now games wise.

DS and 360 is where its at!
Pal of mine is considering getting one for his kid. but there's always catches when importing from abroad. Voltage, regions etc etc..

I know the hong kong ones operate of the same electrical system as us, but the games out at the moment are shite.

Unread 12-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
Pal of mine is considering getting one for his kid. but there's always catches when importing from abroad. Voltage, regions etc etc..

I know the hong kong ones operate of the same electrical system as us, but the games out at the moment are shite.
tell him to do the right thing and buy a Wii or DS and a bunch of games ffs.

If you buy a PS3 from abroad, there is s very good chance it will break down or get bricked via firmware and then you're f***ed, simple as that.

plus no one knows how the online system/store etc will work in different regions.

dont do it!
Closed Thread