United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-08-2019, 06:54 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Finding that slightly galaxy brained, myself.
If people are of the mind to kill themself because of being called names on twitter, they’re mentally ill. It’s their mental illness that’s responsible for their death, not the name calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That ignores the reality that kids grow up on social media now.
Then they shouldn’t be bothered by anonymous trolls or idiots on twitter.

Quote:
Being isolated or bullied on social media can be just as powerful as it happening in a classroom. The problem with Twitter is that they have a reputation for not taking this type of abuse seriously.
That’s not what happened to Pogba. We’re taking about anonymous trolls, not classmates bullying or isolating someone.

Unread 21-08-2019, 07:02 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Clicked. Saw that writers picture. Closed it.

Unread 21-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Ethers

Isn’t Jammy the guy who argued most adults in the U.K. don’t have a Facebook account or something?

Not sure he’s the best qualified to make statements about the effect of social media tbf

Unread 21-08-2019, 07:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Then they shouldn’t be bothered by anonymous trolls or idiots on twitter.
Same as saying kids shouldn't be bothered by idiots in the classroom.

If social media is where kids go for acceptance and fear being judged, it's clearly a place where abuse/bullying can be damaging.

Unread 21-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
So easy to call players lazy (it's lazy, even) but very few really are. I see Shaw called lazy on here and he isn't at all. Hard tag to shake.

Pogba struggles with focus, not application.
He hasn't the mental strength to play for United.

Unread 21-08-2019, 07:33 PM
Cream

Quote:
So easy to call players lazy (it's lazy, even) but very few really are. I see Shaw called lazy on here and he isn't at all. Hard tag to shake.

Pogba struggles with focus, not application.
I think he loses focus because he gets tired.

Really struggled in his first season and hasn't fully acclimatized imo. He walked more than any other player in the league last season. That's him pacing himself.

Can't all be Beckham but this lad has serious stamina issues.

Unread 21-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Sparky***

So now we're supposed to feel sorry for the bloke earning a quarter of a million a week who couldn't kick a ball in the net from 12 yards?

Unread 21-08-2019, 07:51 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So now we're supposed to feel sorry for the bloke earning a quarter of a million a week who couldn't kick a ball in the net from 12 yards?
I think we’re supposed to separate the two issues?

Unread 21-08-2019, 07:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think we’re supposed to separate the two issues?
About him being lazy?

Or about the media led criticism being over the top? Sorry but he doesn't even want to be here and makes no secret of the fact. He thinks the club isn't big enough to match his glorious ambition and then misses pens to cost us points.

No sympathy.

Unread 21-08-2019, 08:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
About him being lazy?

Or about the media led criticism being over the top? Sorry but he doesn't even want to be here and makes no secret of the fact. He thinks the club isn't big enough to match his glorious ambition and then misses pens to cost us points.

No sympathy.
So you're saying it's OK to call him the N word?

For missing a penalty?

That's what you're saying?

Unread 21-08-2019, 08:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
So you're saying it's OK to call him the N word?

For missing a penalty?

That's what you're saying?
I was referring to the Telegraph article. and the idea that Neville and all that were going overboard with criticism

I'm talking about the media led critique of him as a player..

not the mindless drivel on twitter

Unread 21-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Ethers

Quote:
About him being lazy?

No sympathy.
Sorry, I hadn’t read any Telegraph article. The discussion over the past few pages seemed to have been about the racist stuff, I thought you were referring to that. Apologies

Unread 21-08-2019, 08:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Sorry, I hadn’t read any Telegraph article. The discussion over the past few pages seemed to have been about the racist stuff, I thought you were referring to that. Apologies
No worries.

Someone once compared Twitter to that negative river of slime that feeds off hate in Ghostbusters 2. I think that's a fair comparison tbh.

Unread 21-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
He's done pretty well for a guy who has every misplaced pass as a stick to beat him.

Unread 21-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He's done pretty well for a guy who has every misplaced pass as a stick to beat him.
He should stick to playing simple balls and not trying to be Pirlo.

Unread 21-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Cream

Quote:
We can't be sure what was behind his comments.

But for being the bigger man, you have my respect.

Unread 21-08-2019, 08:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
He should stick to playing simple balls and not trying to be Pirlo.
Yeah, £#%&! attempting goal creating through balls and risky forward passes, knock it square Paul

Unread 21-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Clownbones

Played well apart from the missed penalty.

Kept it simple first half and won the penalty second.

I don't mind him taking pens. Or even the players deciding. Just sort it out before the match.

Unread 21-08-2019, 08:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Played well apart from the missed penalty.

Kept it simple first half and won the penalty second.

I don't mind him taking pens. Or even the players deciding. Just sort it out before the match.
We’ve had plenty missed when it was decided beforehand too tbf.

Let Martial take them.

Unread 21-08-2019, 09:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I definitely don't think his confidence is as solid as people would think. He's also just not a very bright player.

But he produces moments. Both assists against Chelsea were just world class. And his play to earn the penalty was brilliant too. If he'd just let the form goalscorer take it we'd be here after a couple of games with Pogba having been decisive in two wins, for all his faults.
Closed Thread