United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2019, 06:49 PM
sa7

He’s been playing at the top of midfield rather than as striker hasn’t he?

Either way a player of that talent, in that team, should manage more than 5 bloody goals.

Unread 09-05-2019, 07:23 PM
Stone Monkey

Just seen the thread title!

Unread 09-05-2019, 07:32 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
There’s a face I would never tire of punching

Unread 09-05-2019, 07:39 PM
BarryX

League Stats: In Squad: 30, Starting eleven: 21, Substituted in: 6, On the bench: 3, Suspended: 0, Injured: 5.

5 goals and 6 assits.

Also scored 5 in CL.

Not a brilliant season, but he's bound to have had to compromise a lot to allow for the inclusion of Ronaldo (hence him probably falling out with the boss - I don't know, I haven't seen them play much this year).

Started mainly on right wing (15), played 10 as second striker, 8 as main striker and 3 times as attacking midfielder.

According to Transfer Markt anyway.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/paul...aison/2018#SCI

His overall figures show he's not an out and out goal machine, just as Berbatov's did before we signed him. I only hope if he does come to us that he won't be judged in the same way as the Bulgarian Andy Garcia was, in terms of goals scored.

Unread 09-05-2019, 07:50 PM
S/Side.Red

He has the talent to score lots of goals nqat. Lovely footballer. Would just be a little wary of how he's responded this season, although Ronaldo does tend to be quite damaging to other players. Attitude isn't always great either. Had quite a few run-ins with Allegri.

Mates with Pogba too. Could really go one of two extremes

Unread 09-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He has the talent to score lots of goals nqat. Lovely footballer. Would just be a little wary of how he's responded this season, although Ronaldo does tend to be quite damaging to other players. Attitude isn't always great either. Had quite a few run-ins with Allegri.

Yup. Could be a bit of an aguerolite.

Or terrible.

Unread 09-05-2019, 08:08 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Very interesting to hear about the friendship with Pogba. Genuinely hope he is signing and PP stays for at least one more year.

Unread 09-05-2019, 08:11 PM
Sparky***

Poor attitude?

Over Priced?

WELCOME ABOARD

Unread 09-05-2019, 08:25 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Poor attitude?

Over Priced?

WELCOME ABOARD
Doesn't score any goals either.

Just our type.

Unread 09-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky***
poor attitude?

Over priced?

Welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
doesn't score any goals either.

Just our type.

Unread 10-05-2019, 12:16 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Doesn't score any goals either.

Just our type.

He’s a better finisher than anyone in our current squad that’s for £#%&!ing sure.

He was one of the best players in Europe the season before last, so I’ve definitely got a bit of sympathy over the way he’s been £#%&!ed about by Allegri to accommodate a superstar they didn’t really need.

Unread 10-05-2019, 01:28 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

He’s a better finisher than anyone in our current squad that’s for £#%&!ing sure.

He was one of the best players in Europe the season before last, so I’ve definitely got a bit of sympathy over the way he’s been £#%&!ed about by Allegri to accommodate a superstar they didn’t really need.
Word.

Unread 10-05-2019, 02:12 AM
plopborsky

Any proof we are in for him

Unread 10-05-2019, 04:06 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Yup. Could be a bit of an aguerolite.

Or terrible.
I called Aguero to flop

Unread 10-05-2019, 01:42 PM
alpeshgujjar

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
85 million great player not what we need i feel
The current forwards we have aren't scoring enough goals why not try him?

Unread 10-05-2019, 01:53 PM
utd99

I hate footballers. Especially ones that come here.

Unread 10-05-2019, 01:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I hate footballers. Especially ones that come here.

Unread 10-05-2019, 02:30 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

this, lets give him a chance....if there is the remotest possibility that he does actually join.

Unread 10-05-2019, 04:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I called Aguero to flop
That's almost on the "le Tallec is better than Ronaldo" level pal

Unread 10-05-2019, 05:01 PM
The Return of Tim

He'll be arguably the most naturally gifted player we've ever signed. For that reason alone, his arrival can only be a good thing.

Thanks
Closed Thread