United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-10-2018, 06:47 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
I agree, would rather watch a minute of Nani than a full season of the turds Young or Valencia.

The quality of the goals he scored were a £#%&!ing nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aA7s_Doeyc

He was a proper United player wasn’t he :-( ?

I often say about United being famous for the wingers, from Coppell and Hill through Sharpe and Kanchelskis to Beckham, Giggs and Ronaldo.

I always overlook Nani.

Would love him now ffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Those two touches, then bang! Imagine Lukaku attempting it, first touch would send it out for a goal kick.

Forgot about Buttner too, wonder what Fergie was saying to him? Stay over there lad, away from the £#%&!ing ball.

I watched some footage of Berbs at United recently. Not everyone's cup of tea but I loved him.
We were blessed ffs.

Berba#@&%! is a regular go to for me. This is always a lovely but painful hit for me

Unread 27-10-2018, 10:07 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I can only speak for myself but I think there's a little bit of revisionism going on.

There was a period in the naughties were o was £#%&!ed off with Giggs, couple of years or so. I may have been hearing things wrong but there were a few around me who thought similar. He changed a bit freggles started playing him a bit differently and things got loads better.

My guess is that there are people who came into the game/started learning how to speak on the internet as Giggs wasn't being lauded for what he was and then eventually morphed into...
He was a frustrating player during what usually are a player's peak years. Phenomenal as a young player and so classy and elegant as a veteran, but during the years you suggest, starting around the treble season and moving into the RvN United era, he lacked reliability, especially at times in Europe. Which was a far cry from the days he terrorised the best around at that level. Giggs and Figo are around the same age, but take it back to 2000 through to our clashes with Madrid in 2003 and it's hard to say there wasn't a little gap between them.

For me Giggs is the most naturally gifted player I've seen in the shirt. He's not the best player overall, though. Expecting bad rep

Unread 27-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He was a frustrating player during what usually are a player's peak years. Phenomenal as a young player and so classy and elegant as a veteran, but during the years you suggest, starting around the treble season and moving into the RvN United era, he lacked reliability, especially at times in Europe. Which was a far cry from the days he terrorised the best around at that level. Giggs and Figo are around the same age, but take it back to 2000 through to our clashes with Madrid in 2003 and it's hard to say there wasn't a little gap between them.

For me Giggs is the most naturally gifted player I've seen in the shirt. He's not the best player overall, though. Expecting bad rep
I think that is a fair judgment and final sum up. So no bad rep from me. Adapting to losing some of his pace and not being able to rely on his hamstrings not to pop if he tried to go full pace was a process for him. A lot of players get to that point, especially wingers and just fade away, his reinvention of self showed the level of innate talent.

Having said that he still retained the capacity to dribble and drop opponents until his final years, just that sublime natural balance and control.
Closed Thread