United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:40 PM
barca99

Not going to get upset about losing 1-0 to Juve, they are a top team and we have lost to FAR worse. The fact is we just arent very good and that gap showed tonight.

We will drop into europa league because no way we are getting £#%&! all in valencia. Then he will be sacked.

Not sure whether things will get any better because like i say, we just arent very good.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:43 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Not going to get upset about losing 1-0 to Juve, they are a top team and we have lost to FAR worse. The fact is we just arent very good and that gap showed tonight.

We will drop into europa league because no way we are getting £#%&! all in valencia. Then he will be sacked.

Not sure whether things will get any better because like i say, we just arent very good.
If we end up in the EL he won't be sacked untill we exit the comp as the gimps only care about CL qualification

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Red D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
This squad is better than the 2013 title winning squad.
DDG
Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
Nani Fletcher Carrick Giggs
RVP Rooney

Pea
Evans
Scholes
etc etc

Would beat the current shower of shit today, never mind in 2013

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:52 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red D
DDG
Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
Nani Fletcher Carrick Giggs
RVP Rooney

Pea
Evans
Scholes
etc etc

Would beat the current shower of shit today, never mind in 2013
Half of them were using a zimmer frame

Besides Carrick out midfield options were: Cleverley, Anderson, Fletcher, Jones, Giggs and Scholes. Two 40 year olds, two sicknotes, a defender and a mascot.

Pogba, Fred, Matic, Pereira, Herrera - I don't rate them all too highly but there's far more energy in there to try and play attacking football.

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
This squad is better than the 2013 title winning squad.

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The same one, with slightly different players and with, the probable, same issues in terms of team structure and coherency?

In this scenario what is the value in Mourinho at £15 million a year? Not coaching, not tactical innovation, just identifying targets?
He wins titles with teams filled with good players.

It needn't be rocket science.

We've £#%&!ed up signing players who simply haven't worked out. Sort it.

Quote:
Half of them were using a zimmer frame

Besides Carrick out midfield options were: Cleverley, Anderson, Fletcher, Jones, Giggs and Scholes. Two 40 year olds, two sicknotes, a defender and a mascot.

Pogba, Fred, Matic, Pereira, Herrera - I don't rate them all too highly but there's far more energy in there to try and play attacking football.
Log off.

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:03 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

The squad is decent enough, it's the fact that mou is a broken man, his whole demeanour is deflating this team, he looks like someone on a hospital ward and imagine he's the same on the training ground.He is well and truly £#%&!ed.

No idea who we try out next.

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:04 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Thoughts on Scooby leaving the forum?

Thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:19 PM
Whalefish

CL qualification? That's not happening this season IMO.

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Thoughts on Scooby leaving the forum?

Thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:31 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Unread 24-10-2018, 12:16 AM
Stickman

We can persist and finish downwards of 6th potentially....(fairly likely imo)

or

make a change and take our chances on scraping 4th (not all that likely)

I think the best thing for us in the long term would be to utterly tank it this year tbh. May be the only way we'll see change at the top, or at the very least a change in vision. Im at peace with being garbage this season, as long as we turn up for the Liverpool games.

Unread 24-10-2018, 12:25 AM
Part 36 Offer

Yep please £#%&!ing God just let him go; he is £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 24-10-2018, 12:30 AM
goldfinger II

Change it now and make use of the season. Should've been done weeks ago.

Unread 24-10-2018, 12:33 AM
Sparky***

It's like a marriage gone bad at this point. Should have split up ages ago but stayed together 'for the kids'. Just gets ever more spiteful and miserable until inevitably it all explodes one evening at a friends house warming party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yep please £#%&!ing God just let him go; he is £#%&!ing shite.
I honestly think he's gone into this season and absolutely phoned it in.

I think finishing so far behind Guardiola last season and the constant digs at him about how we play etc etc, obviously really wound him up. So, during last season he constructed a list of players to sign for this summer who he thought would do for one season to get him his title at United; experienced Pros who he thought could shine for a couple of seasons until he saw his contract out and moved on.

That all went up in smoke when it became quite clear that our moronic CEO thought it would a really constructive idea to veto virtually all the players that our manager wanted and then publicly undermine him to the media. A manager that is notorious for reacting badly to any kind of criticism, a manager who is infamous for going nuclear at clubs when he feels he's being undermined, yes our CEO thought it would be a great idea to piss him off.

So what happens? The inevitable. We get a sulky, surly, petulant manager all pre season, constantly eschewing negativity and looking as though he's going through the motions. That's just snowballed into the season and we have a totally untenable situation on our hands.

Unread 24-10-2018, 01:22 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's like a marriage gone bad at this point. Should have split up ages ago but stayed together 'for the kids'. Just gets ever more spiteful and miserable until inevitably it all explodes one evening at a friends house warming party.

I honestly think he's gone into this season and absolutely phoned it in.

I think finishing so far behind Guardiola last season and the constant digs at him about how we play etc etc, obviously really wound him up. So, during last season he constructed a list of players to sign for this summer who he thought would do for one season to get him his title at United; experienced Pros who he thought could shine for a couple of seasons until he saw his contract out and moved on.

That all went up in smoke when it became quite clear that our moronic CEO thought it would a really constructive idea to veto virtually all the players that our manager wanted and then publicly undermine him to the media. A manager that is notorious for reacting badly to any kind of criticism, a manager who is infamous for going nuclear at clubs when he feels he's being undermined, yes our CEO thought it would be a great idea to piss him off.

So what happens? The inevitable. We get a sulky, surly, petulant manager all pre season, constantly eschewing negativity and looking as though he's going through the motions. That's just snowballed into the season and we have a totally untenable situation on our hands.
Hats off to sparky, nailing the current debacle. although I do think mou is literally a broken man, the guy looks ill to me, like he's cracked and had a breakdown. Humpty dumpty

Unread 24-10-2018, 03:38 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Hats off to sparky, nailing the current debacle. although I do think mou is literally a broken man, the guy looks ill to me, like he's cracked and had a breakdown. Humpty dumpty
Must be a laugh a minute round at yours. What, with the state of this lot and Leonard Cohen groaning away in the background.

Unread 24-10-2018, 05:16 AM
shenwen

Tactically a mess.

While players struggling to control a ball or deliver a simple pass isn’t helping, out tactic (?) of sitting back and allowing the other team to build is a disaster. Even Newcastle couldn’t believe their luck ffs.

And that sits with Mourinho. Play from the start as we did in the second halves in our past three games and we aren’t half bad.

Unread 24-10-2018, 07:16 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Play from the start as we did in the second halves in our past three games and we aren’t half bad.
Might just go for a walk first half on Sunday.

Unread 24-10-2018, 07:36 AM
Parlabane

I've blamed the players before and still feel they are culpable in part however, the fact of the matter is it is Mourhinos team selection and tactics that set the tone and all too many times it is negative.

Against the likes of Juventus,Chelsea and City i can see, to a point, the merit in staying solid and waiting for the game to open up But we do it against every opposition and it is just depressing.

The tactic might have worked when he first used it at Porto and the Chelsea but football has moved on and teams are more aggressive in their running, pressing, formations and ball movement and he looks out of his depth.

Giving him more money to spend on players is wrong - how many players under his management have improved ? None in fact they have all gone backwards - people talk about Luke Shaw improving but I still think he has some way to go yet before he gets anywhere near the level we need.

The mood around Old Trafford is depressing- the players aren't enjoying it, the manager looks uninterested and the fans are just getting to the point of acceptance of shit performances interspersed with the odd sporadic bright spark.

He needs to go - there are some good players in the squad they just need someone who can motivate them, get them playing fast paced attacking football and bring some joy back into the club
Closed Thread