United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread
 
Unread 29-03-2018, 10:30 AM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We were linked with a sporting director from Atletico not long after we hired Mou. I think itís definitely the way forward but canít see Josť being ok with it tbh?

Need someone at board level who knows what theyíre doing and has a clear plan for the future.
Poch
 
Unread 29-03-2018, 10:44 AM
Wellinever
 
Default Triumvirate at the top!

Director of Footbal, is just what's needed, a third senior person to ''hold the ring' between Mourihno and Woodward. It's needed to balance immediate playing concerns, the financial capability and the long term direction of the club. At the moment Jose needs to focus on the here and now football and players, Woodward on building the financial strength of the club, with sponsorship and transfer-market capability.


The Directors job could be seen as two-fold, one keep the peace (i.e. holding the ring) between Jose and Ed and long term, to ensure the fundamental elements of clubs foundations is maintained, e.g. giving a chance to youth, aiming for entertaining as well as successful football, developing overall facilities, including the ground and fan facilities and a progression towards a meaningful transfer system of scouting, recruiting and embedding top talent in the club.

Long over due, IMO should have been implemented after SAF stepped down.
 
Unread 29-03-2018, 10:48 AM
windy waffles
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
Director of Footbal, is just what's needed, a third senior person to ''hold the ring' between Mourihno and Woodward. It's needed to balance immediate playing concerns, the financial capability and the long term direction of the club. At the moment Jose needs to focus on the here and now football and players, Woodward on building the financial strength of the club, with sponsorship and transfer-market capability.


The Directors job could be seen as two-fold, one keep the peace (i.e. holding the ring) between Jose and Ed and long term, to ensure the fundamental elements of clubs foundations is maintained, e.g. giving a chance to youth, aiming for entertaining as well as successful football, developing overall facilities, including the ground and fan facilities and a progression towards a meaningful transfer system of scouting, recruiting and embedding top talent in the club.

Long over due, IMO should have been implemented after SAF stepped down.

 
Unread 29-03-2018, 11:03 AM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Poch
Could be pal in the future pal

Iíd still like to have someone above him and just let him concerntrate on managing the first team

You see it all over Europe where more often than not it seems like an ex player of the club gets the role?
 
Unread 29-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Could be pal in the future pal

Iíd still like to have someone above him and just let him concerntrate on managing the first team

You see it all over Europe where more often than not it seems like an ex player of the club gets the role?
David May it is then....

#Mayback
 
Unread 29-03-2018, 11:05 AM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
David May it is then....

#Mayback


Pure would be happy.
 
Unread 29-03-2018, 11:07 AM
Albert Tatlock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
Director of Footbal, is just what's needed, a third senior person to ''hold the ring' between Mourihno and Woodward. It's needed to balance immediate playing concerns, the financial capability and the long term direction of the club. At the moment Jose needs to focus on the here and now football and players, Woodward on building the financial strength of the club, with sponsorship and transfer-market capability.


The Directors job could be seen as two-fold, one keep the peace (i.e. holding the ring) between Jose and Ed and long term, to ensure the fundamental elements of clubs foundations is maintained, e.g. giving a chance to youth, aiming for entertaining as well as successful football, developing overall facilities, including the ground and fan facilities and a progression towards a meaningful transfer system of scouting, recruiting and embedding top talent in the club.

Long over due, IMO should have been implemented after SAF stepped down.
I agree, but then you would have had* to give it to Fergie


*I'm sure that's not correct grammatically...I'm losing my English
 
Unread 29-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Buck
 
Default

New secretary
 
Unread 29-03-2018, 11:17 AM
dunk
 
Default

Deffo need other football people involved, preferrably people with knowledge and contacts that are applicable to the modern game.
 
Unread 29-03-2018, 11:20 AM
Buck
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Deffo need other football people involved, preferrably people with knowledge and contacts that are applicable to the modern game.
Is that the job advertisement?
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Director of football
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Andrea Berta ...... Director Of Football. On His Way puressence Football 17 04-03-2016 07:28 PM
Sven - Director of Football at................. Cheesesof Nazareth Football 3 21-07-2009 01:30 PM
Football Director NDS neesy Gaming 1 01-12-2008 01:00 AM
This director of football business Fatboy Shrek Football 8 06-09-2008 01:51 PM
what is th criteria for being a successful Director of football? Toilet sniffer V Football 7 28-01-2008 02:36 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2019 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.