United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-12-2021, 11:37 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Number of times I rememver a player with a heart issue in the 90s when they smoked and drank like fishes = zero
Then Wenger came in with his pasta menu......

Unread 12-12-2021, 11:39 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Then Wenger came in with his pasta menu......

Pastatack..

Unread 12-12-2021, 12:14 PM
Bunker Buster

It's the vaccine......

Unread 12-12-2021, 12:40 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
The spike protein binds to the ace-2 receptor in endothelial cells. The heart has a lot of endothelial cells. When it binds you have a localised non specific immune response resulting in inflammation and these heart issues being discussed.

If you have the vaccine some protein will reach the heart and cause this.

If you have COVID, more virus/protein will escape the respiratory system and cause more of this response.

About 6x more.

So a footballer (and everyone) has two options.

1. Take the vaccine and risks the side effects.
2. Don't take the vaccine and risk catching COVID, with a risk factor of 6X of the first option.

I'd say the chance of not catching it is pretty low, so it's fairly dangerous.

It's likely exacerbated by footballers placing a lot of stress on the heart.

It's shit that this is happening but it's also shit that about 17.5 million people have died.

I'll try and remember to bookmark this for when I next have to explain the same £#%&!ing thing.....
Measly, 17 M died but is that more or less who die from influenza every year? genuine question, are we over egging covid as a disease or should we just "live with it"

Unread 12-12-2021, 01:06 PM
Bion

Lindelof update

think he had a collision with another player and he had problems breathing for more than 10 minutes. His heart rate was higher than normal and he was a little bit shocked, he didn’t know how to deal with it. We had to replace him.

“After the game, we did some check-ups and some examinations by the doctor, it seems everything is okay. We still have to see how he is doing tomorrow. Hopefully, he will be fit for the game against Brentford.”

Unread 12-12-2021, 01:17 PM
suedeshoes

I never knew that so many scientists posted on here.

Unread 12-12-2021, 01:25 PM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I never knew that so many scientists posted on here.
Few scientists maybe but too many narcs

Unread 12-12-2021, 01:28 PM
Hank Scorpio

Probably more to do with the special supplementary drinks they're on than anything else.

Unread 12-12-2021, 02:01 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Measly, 17 M died but is that more or less who die from influenza every year? genuine question, are we over egging covid as a disease or should we just "live with it"
Flu, a few hundred to a couple of thousand in the UK. Flu and pneumonia, 7,000 20 25,000 (ISH). We've probably got a decent approach now, the problem is that we leave large parts of the world unvaccinated (by we I mean rich Western countries) you get new variants, which could be worse or better. I mean it's not like this hasn't been made clear from the virologists already.

Unread 12-12-2021, 03:08 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
Lindelof update

think he had a collision with another player and he had problems breathing for more than 10 minutes. His heart rate was higher than normal and he was a little bit shocked, he didn’t know how to deal with it. We had to replace him.

“After the game, we did some check-ups and some examinations by the doctor, it seems everything is okay. We still have to see how he is doing tomorrow. Hopefully, he will be fit for the game against Brentford.”
So are we saying that the vaccine vastly increases the effects of being winded?

Unread 12-12-2021, 03:48 PM
Red_Rizla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
So are we saying that the vaccine vastly increases the effects of being winded?
I have not had the vaccines and nor have I been winded. Proof if proof be need be.

Unread 12-12-2021, 03:49 PM
Big Norm

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla
I have not had the vaccines and nor have I been winded. Proof if proof be need be.
Cheers mate. A valuable contribution to the debate there.

Unread 12-12-2021, 04:16 PM
Red_Rizla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Cheers mate. A valuable contribution to the debate there.
Most welcome. As for the data, I’d like to see similar figures for, say, 2018 or 1996 (random pre-covid years) Has there really been a significant increase in elite athletes’ heart-related problems, or are such instances being more widely reported now?

Unread 12-12-2021, 05:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Number of times I rememver a player with a heart issue in the 90s when they smoked and drank like fishes = zero
Maybe with how the internet is is now with social media you are always connected to information. The 90s had none of that. It’s all easy thinking back then XYZ didn’t happen but it did. Public just didn’t have as much access to information as they are now.

Unread 12-12-2021, 05:59 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Maybe with how the internet is is now with social media you are always connected to information. The 90s had none of that. It’s all easy thinking back then XYZ didn’t happen but it did. Public just didn’t have as much access to information as they are now.
Mate I scrolled teletext and ceefax 90pc of my free time :0)

Unread 12-12-2021, 06:04 PM
Chris Quayd

Oh they've got a heart have they?

Unread 12-12-2021, 06:09 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Mate I scrolled teletext and ceefax 90pc of my free time :0)
Ah 302 and 303. Was 303 latest scores?

I remember they used advertise a premium phone line for transfer gossip . Never did it

Unread 12-12-2021, 06:11 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ah 302 and 303. Was 303 latest scores?

I remember they used advertise a premium phone line for transfer gossip . Never did it

Yep, clubcall. Utd were always headline story, nqat.

Unread 12-12-2021, 06:14 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Yep, clubcall. Utd were always headline story, nqat.
“goal ace linked”

Unread 12-12-2021, 06:38 PM
The Stella Fella

Did Ginola, Muamba and Marc Vivien Foe have the vaccine then?
Closed Thread