United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Gog Coch

Default Nani and Anderson.

Not regulars in the first team!
How do they compare with the youngsters in Arsenal's first team?
Fergie is making huge mistakes!

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:14 AM
wiganste

They're both black, like many of Arsenal's youngsters.
So they compare favourably.

You're a bell stroker mind.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

You're not allowed to comment on either, especially Anderson. They will need probably 3-4 years to settle. Patience.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:17 AM
MUFC One Love

Both have a very long way to go imo.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Default In Anderson's case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Both have a very long way to go imo.
shedding at least ten pounds in weight will undoubtedly help

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Whalefish

Which youngsters in Arsenal's midfield are you talking about?

Ste -

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Patience.
Indeed they do. 12months I'd say. No chance of them getting it though.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:25 AM
puressence

both shite

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
both shite
Proof it it were needed that both will win three CL winner's medals with United.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:29 AM
MUFC One Love

The problem we have is we have 2 of the finest young players in the world, who have been top players straight from the start. I always hear Ronaldo was very frustrating etc. I disagree, he was a bit yeah but he was still a superb footballer and always made things happen, he was a vital part of the side even at 18, he was that good. Same with Rooney he has always been vital. You look at say Nani 'cos we've seen more of him and he is older than Ronaldo when he first came, his touch is awful at times his crossing is only good from corners and he looks a bit like Bellion at times. He struggles to beat men sometimes because the defenders over here prefer a play to push it past them and run where as others will beat them with skill. He's like Bambi on ice at times ala Bellion.

Anderson looks as though he needs a run in the side like Nani got then we'll have a better indication of how he's gonna do.

Before people get all upset I'm sure both will turn out to be good players (not as good as Ronaldo and Rooney, well definitely not Nani) but they were hyped up by everyone including our fans when they came, we spent big money on them so you'd at least expect them to have a bit of flair and be dangerous even now, like Ronaldo and Rooney were.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I don't think you need to look at Ronaldo or Rooney to see that Nani is too light at the moment, can't beat a man one on one and is little sloppy, or that Anderson is overweight, has the touch of a Rhino and is slower than a dead Rhino.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:35 AM
MUFC One Love

Yeah Fuzzy. You know what I was getting at though? People will get all upset and defensive of what I have said but it's valid imo. If you're paying that much for young players they must be at least be dangerous and be a weapon to have in the team if they're attackers. I'm not stupid enough to compare them to Rooney and Ronaldo, 2 of the best players in the world. I'm talking about when Ronaldo for example first came, he was 3 times the player Nani is. Nani isn't exciting to watch at all and looks ordinary. So to pay that much for them 2 was a risk.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Whalefish

I've said before I'm not expecting anything from them in the first 12months. Whether they'll get much of a chance I dunno. It really isn't easy being dropped into a team underperforming (which we are) and asked to influence/win games minus key players. Nani has contributed to three goals this season so fair £#%&!s to the lad.

Tbh I have more faith in Anderson than Nani, mainly because I saw more of him at Porto, but I just can't see Fergie playing him in his correct/preferred position. He really doesn't seem to know what to do with him - second striker again last night for large parts of the game. So it begs the question, why sign him? Is he really a player Fergie was going to wait 12months for, we moved now and the first season will be nothing more than him adapting/settling off the field?

I don't believe we've paid a lot of money for either tbh. Performance related yes, but if they cost the amount quoted (in the end) they'll have been worth it I guess.

My mate at the game last night was more worried about some of the supposed star reserve team players - Evans, Pique, and Simpson. He thought they were all rubbish. Pique the best of a bad bunch.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Ronaldo wasn't that good early in his United career. Rewrite history if you want but after the Bolton game there were alot of stepovers and little end product. Right up 'til the start of last season I reckon a majority of reds were unconvinced by him. Still don't let this affect any kneejerk reactions you are having. Oh and I was a fan of Ronnie from day 1.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Whalefish

It certainly was what?

I don't blame anyone for these sorts of reactions, they're expected tbh.

If I was a young player I wouldn't come anywhere near Utd tbh. From the outside looking in, and this has only come from pub banter, we don't appear to have the patience for them anymore. If they're not instant sucesses forums, 606 and the like are flooded with calls from people saying they're shite and a waste of money.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:42 AM
MUFC One Love

Bedders, my point was Ronaldo was good, you can't deny that, even when he came on at Newcastle, 2nd game was it? He looked dangerous, I was so excited by him we hadn't had a play like him for ages. As I said, people would get upset and defensive, it's not knee jerk it's an observation that Nani and Anderson especially Nani 'cos he's played more is not a proper part of the team like Ronnie was. Ronaldo shown what he had we just needed him to use his head, so even when he wasn't using his head he was still a thread and for every bad thing he'd do he would do 2 good things.

You say I'm rewriting history I'd say people who say Ronaldo was "shit" and "frustrating and no end product" in his first season like people do are way off the mark. He was a terrificly talented footballer and just needed to put his head to his talent. Ronaldo has been good for us since he has been here. Fergie gave him a break over Christmas then he came back firing again.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:44 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Nani has contributed to three goals this season so fair £#%&!s to the lad.
Exactly what I was thinking - and who knows at the end of the season, the goal against spurs might be the difference between being champions again or not. Clearly both these players will need to given some sustained first team action before we really know what either is capable of - lets hope that they don't get the Big I Am and £#%&! off to Spain before their given their chance, this season or next.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:45 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
It certainly was what?

I don't blame anyone for these sorts of reactions, they're expected tbh.

If I was a young player I wouldn't come anywhere near Utd tbh. From the outside looking in, and this has only come from pub banter, we don't appear to have the patience for them anymore. If they're not instant sucesses forums, 606 and the like are flooded with calls from people saying they're shite and a waste of money.
You're going completely over the top Phil. I said they will probably end up good. To blame United fans is silly, every club is the same. My point was they don't seem to possess the flashes of brilliance that you'd expect for such highly rated young players. I'm very patient with them and will give them as long as they need but they're don't look like the highly rated stars we was told. Maybe we should stop building people up after scouting them on Youtube? They're good young players I suppose but the Youtube scouts had us believe they're wonderkids.

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Stretters

Im sure the same was said about Evra, everyone jumping on the band wagon slagging him off.

One of our better players at the moment, give it time FFS lads

Unread 27-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Whalefish

That's what they are though, good young players with potential IMO but they need time. I said elsewhere we may have seen more from Anderson (who I thought had a good a first 45mins) if there was something to aim at. Carrick had a similar problem second half, bugger all up front.

Nani does indeed look frustrating but he has contributed this season in a team that is underperforming. So I can't really complain there.

Having said that, I don't want to see them anywhere near a tough away fixture. And that starts with a trip to Brum on Saturday.

And I still wouldn't come anywhere near Utd if I was a young player. I'm glad they still do but expectation levels are £#%&!ing daft these days. Arsenal, for some reason, avoid this and can afford to go x number of seasons without winning anything. This allows them to develop and grow players. If Utd go 1/2 years without much a Cup these days it's meltdown/end of an era etc hence why - IMO - Fergie keeps falling back on the tried and tested as opposed to giving new players a run in the side. The pressure is immense, unfair but ultimately predictable.
Closed Thread