United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:29 PM
red in cumbria

Default Nani and Anderson........

Their complete failure to live up to the promise they showed in their first season is a major reason for our current troubles

As they say, discuss........

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:31 PM
forzagarza

Default Re: Nani and Anderson........

They're foreign. Foreigners are worse than the British imo.

Blame lies with Ferguson therefore.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Zorg

Anderson has nice hair.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:32 PM
tdf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Their complete failure to live up to the promise they showed in their first season is a major reason for our current troubles

totally agree they are much worse than when they signed which says bundles for our coaching staff

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Ethers

Both have failed to live up to expectations, no question about that. But blaming our current problems on 2 young players who don't even start regularly is a bit

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:35 PM
El Chalten

they'll be gone in the summer.

Nani, Ando, Berba, Vidic, Nev, Scholes, can all go, imo. maybe even Carrick as well.

nft.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Sloane

well spend a lot of money on them and probably expected them to have been regular starters by now, but they seem to have regressed. anything to do with cq going? we dont really know but they have had enough time now theres no excused but they aren't delivering. plus it pisses me off anderson cant speak english

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:37 PM
MJ Ramone

I gave up on Nani a long time ago (although I'll always think fondly of him for scoring his Pen in Moscow + his goals against Liverpool, Spurs & Arsenal in that same glorious season)

Anderson I always thought would make it as a United player.
I was convinced.
Who knows, he might just do it...but for every good game there are 3 bad ones.

One thing I will say, the ever changing midfield is doing nobody any favours whatsoever.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf1
totally agree they are much worse than when they signed which says bundles for our coaching staff
we lost carlos queiroz ... what else can I say

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:38 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten

Nani, Ando, Berba, Vidic, Nev, Scholes, can all go, imo. maybe even Carrick as well.

nft.
I'll get in training then - gonna need to recruit some cheap bodies IMHO view

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Sparky***

oooooooooooh sex.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:40 PM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
I'll get in training then - gonna need to recruit some cheap bodies IMHO view
i like Carrick, but he's been £#%&! this season. might as well sell him and just play Gibson.

nft.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:41 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten

nft.
It will take a new manager to get rid of most of those.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Simply speaking, their footballing brains simply aren't good enough and are coaching staff aren't good enough to improve them technically.

Without wanting to sound all marlo, we very rarely bring through a player and massively develop their technical aspects. What we can do is develop their tactical nous. This was shown in the extreme with Ronaldo who was willing to learn and from 06/07 onwards new exactly when to pass, shoot etc etc. Before that he had the skills and the ability they just needed combining with the know how of what to do with them. Rooney's another one. His shooting has got no better, in fact from outside the area it's got infinitely worse, yet he has come on greatly as a player. His decision making, awareness and movement is superb.

Both Nani and Anderson haven't got the willing or intelligence to seriously develop the tactical aspect of their games, because they certainly haven't come on in their 2 and a half years at the club.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Both have failed to live up to expectations, no question about that. But blaming our current problems on 2 young players who don't even start regularly is a bit
I don't blame it *all* on them, as my original post said. But it is a valid point IMO.

Just imagine if Anderson, in particular, had come on as we all hoped he would after Moscow?? Our midfield would look a *lot* less threadbare

And he actually looks unfit and/or uninterested a lot of the time. Absolutely unforgiveable

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Without question, youd think the plan was to have them as the long term successors to Scholes and Giggs. I've just about lost all faith in Anderson wheras I lost that with Nani around October.

Costly failures.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Albert Tatlock

We don't really have the technical 'nous' coaching skills that we had with queiroz. Phelan hasn't got it and I'm not sure that Muldersteen has it either.

When Scholes and Nev pack it in they should use those 2 plus Ole as tactical coaches for the first team.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I don't blame it *all* on them, as my original post said. But it is a valid point IMO.

Just imagine if Anderson, in particular, had come on as we all hoped he would after Moscow?? Our midfield would look a *lot* less threadbare

And he actually looks unfit and/or uninterested a lot of the time. Absolutely unforgiveable
No, I agree it's definitely a factor, but there are multiple reasons. If you're talking about midfield, Carrick going backwards and Hargreaves being a £#%&!ing crock are just as important.

Up front, Berbatov's failure to live up to his reputation is a big issue. You'd maybe have expected a little more from the younger lads too.

At the back, Rio and Evans' inability to stay fit for any length of time. Vidic having an alarming slump in form. All big reasons why we're looking a bit £#%&!ed at the moment.

And that's without even going in to 'off the field issues' ......

Unread 20-01-2010, 02:00 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: Nani and Anderson........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
oooooooooooh sex.
"Were you...errm...drunk last night?"

"No."

Unread 09-02-2010, 10:56 PM
red in cumbria

Well, touch wood, it seems that half of this problem might - just possibly - be well on its way to being solved.......

Now for the fat, lazy, uninterested Brazilian
Closed Thread