United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2008, 02:18 AM
wonky no

Default nani and anderson

without the romance,

just how far can they go in a red shirt. they're both young, both have a big degree of talent but for me they are both easily replaceable with better, more experienced players. with an injury prone midfield and a sparse back up in the wingers department (park is a central midfielder and giggs is aging himself out of a wide position) how long can we give them to blossom?

they're only 2 seasons into their united careers but i don't see how we can afford them the the mins on the pitch to improve. i know i'll get plenty of £#%&!er points for suggesting this but with nani i think we should loan him out and buy a winger with more under his belt.

i can't see anderson being in the starting 11 if we have scholes, carrick, hargreaves and giggs fit either.

Unread 27-11-2008, 02:38 AM
Argentina

I think Anderson is would be worth his place in the side if Carrick and Fletcher weren't playing so well at the minute. He is raw, and that's the biggest compliment anyone can pay him. Look how good he is now. Dominating Fibreglass and Gerrard in the past season and a half. Can only get better.

Nani on the other hand is very hit and miss at the minute. Had a spell last season for 6 or 7 games when he looked the business. Think it was when he came off the bench at Lille. Swung some brilliant crosses in after only 15-20 minutes on the pitch. One of which Tevez scored from.
I suppose it's just about minutes on the pitch and he's not getting them.

Unread 27-11-2008, 02:50 AM
History

Anderson can do what ever he wants to do at united.

Nani on the other hand is shite and has gone backwards. Nani has been shite far more times than he's been good.

Unread 27-11-2008, 03:04 AM
fix up look SHARPE

nani is a brainless obnoxious £#%&!ing pepperami, i've never disliked a united player more. he's contributed £#%&! all and i've seen no signs of improvement or even willingness to improve.

Unread 27-11-2008, 03:33 AM
ScarFace

Anderson i like alot, Nani is shit, get rid.

Thankfully i think we only paid 6mil for him, up to 17 if he does well.....he has'nt and wont.

Sell.

Unread 27-11-2008, 05:54 AM
borsuk

far too young to make snap decisions. anderson clearly has the game to succeed in the premiership, nani i'm not so sure about but remember players mature at different rates - look at fletcher, for example.

Unread 27-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Albert Tatlock

How long did it take for Ronaldo to become the player he is today ?

At least two seasons playing almost every game.

Not that many young players are consistently brilliant, they show flashes of it then are shit some times.

Nani is inconsistent, nothing more. Give him more time.

As for Neo, he rocks !

Unread 27-11-2008, 07:03 AM
bcred

the thing that has been bothering me is our inability to shoot from midfield.
I watched Germany a couple of months ago and the shooting from midfield and the full backs was awesome.
When Nani,Park,Fletch or Anderson shoot,the seagulls on the roof of the stretty fly.

Unread 27-11-2008, 07:06 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
the thing that has been bothering me is our inability to shoot from midfield.
I watched Germany a couple of months ago and the shooting from midfield and the full backs was awesome.
When Nani,Park,Fletch or Anderson shoot,the seagulls on the roof of the stretty fly.

Anderson - Future United Legend

Nanners - do one Zombie head and somersault back in to the crypt which you moonwalked out of.

Unread 27-11-2008, 09:57 AM
CockOfTheNorth

Anderson will be a top class player, makes me laugh when people say he's not very good (a few city fans I know ). How many £#%&!ing 20 year old midfielders are playing regularly in the top leagues? Not many.

Nani's been hit and miss so far, sometimes he comes on late in a game and takes the piss out of the other team and causes all kinds of problems then he'll play a week later and be like Chris Eagles on ketamin.

Talking about city fans, £#%&!ing hell they're mental beyond belief. @#%&!s, £#%&!ing bring on sunday

Unread 27-11-2008, 10:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

I think a bit of patience may be in order for Nani, he is a very talented player but seemingly immature both as a person and player. Then agian we could just £#%&! him off after just over a season, if we'd have done that during what was a frustrating 2nd season for Ronnie, we might've regretted it.

Unread 27-11-2008, 10:11 AM
The Return of JC

Ooh, look how we've all soured on Nani. So, from this we can deduce that any young player who arrives at the club has just over a year to get their shit together or we hate them and want them to leave?

No pressure then.

And if you think Nani has contributed nothing then you're an idiot. We wouldn't be English or European Champions without him.

The kid is frustrating, sure, but it's very difficult when you're playing in fits and starts. Chances are he'll be benched again on Sunday, only putting more pressure on the next time he makes a fleeting appearance.

If Berbatov is out then I'd start him again on Sunday. He won't improve without momentum and confidence.

As for Anderson, I genuinely believe he will be a top 5 in the world midfielder by the time he's 24. So much raw talent and a great attitude, but can also make visibly large improvements. Once he adds goals to his game (I think once he shins one in it will open the floodgates) I think he will go up a level an become undroppable.

Unread 27-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Red D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
without the romance,

just how far can they go in a red shirt. they're both young, both have a big degree of talent but for me they are both easily replaceable with better, more experienced players. with an injury prone midfield and a sparse back up in the wingers department (park is a central midfielder and giggs is aging himself out of a wide position) how long can we give them to blossom?

they're only 2 seasons into their united careers but i don't see how we can afford them the the mins on the pitch to improve. i know i'll get plenty of £#%&!er points for suggesting this but with nani i think we should loan him out and buy a winger with more under his belt.

i can't see anderson being in the starting 11 if we have scholes, carrick, hargreaves and giggs fit either.
Anderson has the potential to be a great United player when he sorts his passing and shooting out. At the moment he's nowhere near as good as most seem to think, but he's only a young lad and will come good.

Nani on the other hand, after a few early glimpses of brilliance aint gonna make it at United. Until Mr Wantaway finally £#%&!s off there is no chance of him getting a decent run in the side. He looks to have gone backwards this season.

Unread 27-11-2008, 11:06 AM
armchair

I think Nani will come good. Anderson is going to be one of the top midfielders in football

Unread 27-11-2008, 11:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think Nani will come good. Anderson is going to be one of the top midfielders in football
I concur.

Unread 27-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
How long did it take for Ronaldo to become the player he is today ?

At least two seasons playing almost every game.

Not that many young players are consistently brilliant, they show flashes of it then are shit some times.

Nani is inconsistent, nothing more. Give him more time.

As for Neo, he rocks !
Ronaldo had far more potential though. I wouldn't compare the two of them.
Anderson needs time but if Nani left in the summer (hypothetically speaking) I wouldn't miss him. I have to agree with some of the other sentiments, I don't like him, and I've never disliked a United player's personality as much.

Unread 27-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Ooh, look how we've all soured on Nani. So, from this we can deduce that any young player who arrives at the club has just over a year to get their shit together or we hate them and want them to leave?

No pressure then.

And if you think Nani has contributed nothing then you're an idiot. We wouldn't be English or European Champions without him.

The kid is frustrating, sure, but it's very difficult when you're playing in fits and starts. Chances are he'll be benched again on Sunday, only putting more pressure on the next time he makes a fleeting appearance.

If Berbatov is out then I'd start him again on Sunday. He won't improve without momentum and confidence.

As for Anderson, I genuinely believe he will be a top 5 in the world midfielder by the time he's 24. So much raw talent and a great attitude, but can also make visibly large improvements. Once he adds goals to his game (I think once he shins one in it will open the floodgates) I think he will go up a level an become undroppable.
Couldnt agree more with anything you put, some of the posts on here are deluded at best, what confuses me more is that your all saying "£#%&! nani off, sell him, hes shit" etc but you don't seem to mind god awful wastes of space like O'Shit picking up his 40 Grand a week, the mind boggles.

Unread 27-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

You're an idiot if you don't agree with what I say. I love when people seriously use that.

No no, no time for personal opinions, I'm an expert see.

Great.

Unread 27-11-2008, 11:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Ronaldo had far more potential though. I wouldn't compare the two of them.
He probably did but Nani still has plenty of potential which he might need longer than 15 months to realise.

Unread 27-11-2008, 11:40 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockOfTheNorth

Nani's been hit and miss so far, sometimes he comes on late in a game and takes the piss out of the other team and causes all kinds of problems then he'll play a week later and be like Chris Eagles on ketamin.

Closed Thread