Unread 30-01-2023, 08:30 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
8 1/2 years apparently
Chelsea’s contract negotiations:

Unread 30-01-2023, 08:46 PM
Dasilvatwins

Ok I get they’re spreading 500 million across 8 seasons.

Roughly 62.5 million a year each year. What happens when they want to spend 100 million the next year and the year after that.

Uefa have changed the law saying the max a transfer fee can be spread out is over 5 years which comes in place in the summer.

Inevitable some of these signings are shit @#%&!s. I just hope they dig their heels in like our shit@#%&!s (Jones etc) and refuse to leave and stay on a long contract

Unread 30-01-2023, 09:06 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Ok I get they’re spreading 500 million across 8 seasons.

Roughly 62.5 million a year each year. What happens when they want to spend 100 million the next year and the year after that.

Uefa have changed the law saying the max a transfer fee can be spread out is over 5 years which comes in place in the summer.

Inevitable some of these signings are shit @#%&!s. I just hope they dig their heels in like our shit@#%&!s (Jones etc) and refuse to leave and stay on a long contract
Chelsea offering to pay in instalments to stay onside with Tax and Financial Fair Play

Chelsea doing whatever it takes' | Fernandez fee to be paid in six instalments

Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol on Chelsea's bid to sign Enzo Fernandez:

"They are doing whatever it takes to sign Enzo Fernandez from Benfica. The player has a release clause of 120m Euros, which is just over a £105m.

"Chelsea have said to Benfica that they'll pay the release clause. I don't think they will pay it in one go because that would be very complicated in terms of Financial Fair Play and for tax reasons, but what they are saying to Benfica is that they will pay it six instalments. The first one would be a very large lump sum and then there would be five further instalments ."

Unread 30-01-2023, 09:24 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
So they’re up to about half a billion in six months? They even signed some c*** I’d never heard of for about £25m yesterday.

Even by modern football’s standards, it’s almost cringeworthy behaviour.
It's bizarre, even Chelsea fans I know say it's way OTT and not a good strategy.

They're basically going after every young talent they can get their hands on - hopefully it means they won't be able to do much in the next couple of years at least due to FFP, but who really knows

Unread 30-01-2023, 10:08 PM
Denis Irwell

Is this Chelsea fella related to Ken Bates?

Unread 31-01-2023, 10:57 PM
Vedder

Unread 31-01-2023, 10:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
£320m spent this month.

FFP doing a bang up job.

Unread 31-01-2023, 11:01 PM
Bunker Buster

He looks like a massive tit...

Unread 31-01-2023, 11:03 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
State of that photoshop, looks like he’s got gills protruding from his neck

Unread 31-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Arnold Muhren

Chelsea have spent more this window than all the other clubs in Europe combined (excluding other PL teams) according to Sky. That’s £#%&!ing mental.

Unread 31-01-2023, 11:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Chelsea have spent more this window than all the other clubs in Europe combined according to Sky. That’s £#%&!ing mental.
They've signed 17 players since July.

They'll be having a £#%&!ing giveaway on players outside stamford bridge next summer.

Unread 31-01-2023, 11:21 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They've signed 17 players since July.

They'll be having a £#%&!ing giveaway on players outside stamford bridge next summer.
£600 million since they took over. More than all the clubs in Europe combined. They now have too many players in their Champions League squad and have to drop 2/3.

I can see a few issues if they don`t qualify for next years Champs League.

Unread 31-01-2023, 11:33 PM
Vedder

Contract till 2031

Unread 31-01-2023, 11:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Chelsea have spent more this window than all the other clubs in Europe combined (excluding other PL teams) according to Sky. That’s £#%&!ing mental.
According to that intolerable transfer guy who talks like he’s running down the clock.

“…Spent more than all other clubs in Europe combined. Which means Spain. And Italy. And France. And Germany….”

Unread 31-01-2023, 11:43 PM
puressence

Spent over 600 recouped 49. What the actual £#%&! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 01-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Hopefully ends up like another Grealish:

Unread 01-02-2023, 12:57 AM
ZiggyStardust

Has there ever been less fanfare for a British record signing

Can’t get over that fee for a midfielder who doesn’t real score or create that much
£#%&! knows what Dortmund will now want for Bellingham in the summer

Unread 01-02-2023, 01:11 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Has there ever been less fanfare for a British record signing

Can’t get over that fee for a midfielder who doesn’t real score or create that much
f*** knows what Dortmund will now want for Bellingham in the summer
Real Madrid seem to be going all out for him, but I can see City blowing them and Liverpool out of the water.

Would love us to get ambitious owners who make him and a striker (Osimhen) our top targets.
Closed Thread