Unread 28-11-2022, 01:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Who?
Poulson, Silva, Werner this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Nope, used it in the Champions League in some big games when he had Huntelaar on the bench.

The point is Felix would be immense for us if he played in a front three with Rashford/Antony/Garnacho/Martial/Sancho. Would need to stop going to the floor so often, but he'd bag loads for us.
Only because Huntelaar was about 35 at the time and finished, similar to Ronaldo.

We saw 2 teams with false 9’s last night, it was shit and 0-0 until both brought on shit Number 9’s, both scored

Unread 28-11-2022, 01:32 PM
Coracao

Felix reminds me of Dybala in that he doesn't both would have been better off playing in the 90s when most teams played 2 strikers. Neither have the game to lead the line, nor do they score enough goals.

We need someone who is going to get 20+ in the league regularly.

Unread 28-11-2022, 02:19 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Poulson, Silva, Werner this season.

Only because Huntelaar was about 35 at the time and finished, similar to Ronaldo.

We saw 2 teams with false 9’s last night, it was shit and 0-0 until both brought on shit Number 9’s, both scored
They had Dolberg too.

Not sure where this idea comes from that false nines don't work based on a World Cup match between two completely different teams??

For me if you look at the fact that Ten Hag's played Rashford down the middle regularly, and that we are interested in Gakpo (and been linked with Felix for whatever it's worth) it tells me that he's in bringing in somebody who aligns with system and style rather than a natural no.9 necessarily.

Unread 28-11-2022, 02:36 PM
dunk

I’d say it’s more that he’s not had and can’t get a number 9 of the required quality at the moment tbh.
Closed Thread