United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-11-2022, 12:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
https://twitter.com/leonbailey/statu...NaovSLwPMKoaLQ

Oooh everyone look at me I played well for the first time in months. #@&%!
The linesman is right. £#%&! off, you little fart.

Unread 07-11-2022, 01:58 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
https://twitter.com/leonbailey/statu...NaovSLwPMKoaLQ

Oooh everyone look at me I played well for the first time in months. #@&%!
Love the little munchkin. Players crying about him on twitter after a game. Proper centre half

Shame he was left to babysit lindelof

Unread 07-11-2022, 02:28 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he got elbowed because he jumped on martinez's back three times in ten seconds.

it's not the first time he's played well in months, though.
Mr Pedant strikes again.

Unread 07-11-2022, 02:34 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Mr Pedant strikes again.

Unread 07-11-2022, 02:42 PM
Sapien

That reminds me. Why didn't we get a penalty when their keeper took out Elanga without touching the ball? Not even as VAR review as far as I could tell?

Unread 07-11-2022, 02:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
That reminds me. Why didn't we get a penalty when their keeper took out Elanga without touching the ball? Not even as VAR review as far as I could tell?
I think because he did block the header and caught Elanga with his follow through. If he didn’t make any contact with the ball and only Elanga, then we’d get it. No pen for me, Jeff.

Unread 07-11-2022, 02:48 PM
puressence

Be interesting to see whos right back v fulham as dalot picked up 5th booking yesterday

Unread 07-11-2022, 02:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Be interesting to see whos right back v fulham as dalot picked up 5th booking yesterday
Malacia.

Unread 07-11-2022, 03:28 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think because he did block the header and caught Elanga with his follow through. If he didn’t make any contact with the ball and only Elanga, then we’d get it. No pen for me, Jeff.
Failed Schumacher attempt. Still wouldn’t have got a pen

Unread 07-11-2022, 03:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Malacia.
Hopefully.

Can’t see AWB getting in

The other option is Maguire at CB with Lindelof at RB…

Unread 07-11-2022, 03:34 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Hopefully.

Can’t see AWB getting in

The other option is Maguire at CB with Lindelof at RB…
Lindelof at right back is much better than centre half. At least when finding himself running around like a headless chicken they'll be two centre back behind him

Can't believe the useless @#%&! still plays for us

Unread 07-11-2022, 03:46 PM
Peter13

MU plays Bacelona 16 Feb 2023.

Unread 07-11-2022, 04:05 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter13
MU plays Bacelona 16 Feb 2023.

reported for being off topic

soz pete

Unread 07-11-2022, 04:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
reported for being off topic

soz pete
Reported for quoting an off topic post.

Unread 07-11-2022, 06:40 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Reported for quoting an off topic post.
Reported for reporting a post reporting a off topic post.

Unread 07-11-2022, 07:08 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
We haven’t been anyones cup final for ten years all this “new manager bounce”, “They’ll play like 1970 Brazil” “X will have the game of his life” etc is just embarrassing. It’s ok to say we’re just not that good.
Been to many aways, we're everyone's cup final, stop talking shite. Know for a fact that utd at home is their biggest game of the season league wise, as it is for most teams.

Unread 08-11-2022, 05:05 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Been to many aways, we're everyone's cup final, stop talking shite. Know for a fact that utd at home is their biggest game of the season league wise, as it is for most teams.
Might be for the fans but I doubt there’s a team in the league who doesn’t think they’ll get something when they play us. The days of us beating teams in the tunnel are long gone.

Also, when was the last time you went to a game? Seriously.

Unread 08-11-2022, 07:02 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Might be for the fans but I doubt there’s a team in the league who doesn’t think they’ll get something when they play us. The days of us beating teams in the tunnel are long gone.

That doesn’t make it not their cup final

The fact that we’re an easier touch is probably a bigger motivator. If anyone connected with United so much as sneezes, it’s headline news and we’re still the biggest news story, albeit, more often than not, in a negative way. Who wouldn’t want to be there for the schadenfreude that comes with watching your shit team beat a fallen giant, or being the shit team.

Unread 08-11-2022, 07:45 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
That doesn’t make it not their cup final

The fact that we’re an easier touch is probably a bigger motivator. If anyone connected with United so much as sneezes, it’s headline news and we’re still the biggest news story, albeit, more often than not, in a negative way. Who wouldn’t want to be there for the schadenfreude that comes with watching your shit team beat a fallen giant, or being the shit team.
Yup.

Crazy to think teams don’t raise their game when they play us and as you say it’s even more so these days when they’ll fancy their chances more.

We’re still the biggest club in England and players today would have grown up with us dominating through the 00’s and early 10’s, so why wouldn’t they see us as their cup final.

Unread 08-11-2022, 08:12 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

Haven't been to a game in years, as I've said on here more than once, but I still speak to other fans and I know United coming to town is still their biggest game of the year. Come to see United, you've only come to see United.....

You sound way out of touch.