United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:23 PM
utd for ever

Default Berbatov's Transfer to Man United in July?

Sir Alex Ferguson had a phone talk with Dimiter Berbatov a couple of days ago, revealed from topsport.bg.
Manchester United's manager called Berbo while the national was on the training camp in ‘Boiana' residence.

The conversation continued for 5 minutes. Emil Danchev, Berbatov's manager, will fly to the Island at the end of June to meet Ferguson, reported UK media.

According to the information the personal terms of Dimitar with the ‘red devils' will be settled by the time of Danchev's visit.

Hard negotiations between Man United and Tottenham are expected from now on. It is foreseen the deal for the best Bulgarian football player's transfer to happened by the end of June-the beginning of July.

Topsport tried to reach yesterday Emil Danchev on his mobile phone, but Berbo's manager did not pick up.

http://international.ibox.bg/news/id_1816431706

Really cant see us spending that much again

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:28 PM
rebelcountyred

most people didn't see us spending 50m on three players this summer, god only knows what is going on, we have gone from the most frugal of clubs to madridesque spending in one summer, are the gimps spending money to speculate? ie to make the club more attractive before floating/selling and if so then anything is possible including spending another 25m or so.

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Barca '91

more than likely a load of cow shit but if not a case of tapping up.

brilliant.

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Tensai

This is unnerving me... remember leeds' warchests and how happy their fecking fans were when they used borrowed money on transfers...

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:33 PM
S/Side.Red

I'd rather Torres. Younger, probably cheaper and more suited to our play.

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM
utd for ever

And remember we are not LEEDS,everybody in the world knows about man utd,even if something happen to us,there are hundreds ready to buy us,sorry to destroy your wum

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM
legendary saf

wont happen, sorry

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:36 PM
The Watcher

http://www.utdforum.com/showthread.php?t=31881

Possible transfer was discussed yesterday, some good points on that thread.

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Tensai

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
And remember we are not LEEDS,everybody in the world knows about man utd,even if something happen to us,there are hundreds ready to buy us,sorry to destroy your wum
Abramovich evalued us, thought we're not worth it all things considering... we'll be too expensive for even the richest... it could be all over if it comes to a billionaire to the rescue scenario...

I'm nervous...

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
Topsport tried to reach yesterday Emil Danchev on his mobile phone, but Berbo's manager did not pick up.
'Hello Emil, this is topsport'

'Who? £#%&! off'

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:45 PM
khmk

whats a Berbo?

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Tensai

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'd rather Torres. Younger, probably cheaper and more suited to our play.
Aside of all these speed demons, we need a fecker to hold the ball up and add another dimension to our play then just the stepovers/counter attacks style. Berbatov is better for us than Torres...

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Tensai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

'Who? £#%&! off'

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

'Who? £#%&! off'
More like:

bbbrrriiinnnggg bbbrrriiinnnggg
bbbrrriiinnnggg bbbrrriiinnnggg.....

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:49 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmk
whats a Berbo?
Like a bubo but not as serious

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensai
Aside of all these speed demons, we need a fecker to hold the ball up and add another dimension to our play then just the stepovers/counter attacks style. Berbatov is better for us than Torres...
I think we've got enough players who can unlock the door against defensive sides. I just thought United looked at their best last season when Saha was the frontman, so I'd like to replicate that with a similar player. Torres is more than capable of holding the ball up, too.

Unread 07-06-2007, 02:15 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Torres is more than capable of holding the ball up, too.
I'm very hopefull we can get him this summer. Obviously, it also depends on who we sell and whether Barca go for him, but Fergie is an admirer so will probably try again. Price will be more affordable this summer too. He'd be perfect for us.

Unread 07-06-2007, 02:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I'm very hopefull we can get him this summer. Obviously, it also depends on who we sell and whether Barca go for him, but Fergie is an admirer so will probably try again. Price will be more affordable this summer too. He'd be perfect for us.
I think if Fergie wants him and has the cah - it's a very doable deal.

Unread 07-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Having Torres would be a bit like having a non injury prone version of Saha.

He offers all the upsides of Saha in terms of pace and strength, and he has Saha's composure in front of goal to boot

Unread 07-06-2007, 02:22 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
I think if Fergie wants him and has the cah - it's a very doable deal.
According to back beat, we only missed out on him last season because we had a net amount (buyout fee + wages over the life of the contract) to spend. The cost of £25 million meant we could only offer 45k a week

Given that his fee could now be almost £10 million less, there's a very good chance we'll get him.
Closed Thread