United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:12 PM
redhegemony

Default Major Surgery Required

Laid bare before us today.

The squad is so thin. Mata and Matic are so apparently finished at this level. Lingaard out of his depth. We need 2 high quality midfielders one defensive and one attacking, a right midfielder a left back and a top drawer centre forward.

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:12 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Ed will have a good look, don't you worry.

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:13 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Ed will have a good look, don't you worry.
Needs a good look at himself.

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Needs a good look at himself.
He needs major surgery the £#%&!ing #@&%!. With a hammer.

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Switching Off

Hard to know where to start. The back 5 is probably least in need of improvement but it does need it.

Two top class midfielders and a striker I suppose, but that's been the case for ages.

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:17 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
He needs major surgery the £#%&!ing #@&%!. With a hammer.
Hatchets and hammers...

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:19 PM
BouncyCheetah

Not going to happen.

This is what the club is now.

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:21 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncyCheetah
Not going to happen.

Disagree. Ole has done the first part. Just got to keep going. Can he identify the players we need?

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:26 PM
AnthonyMartial

One change we can make NOW is introducing Garner into that holding midfield role.

Looks the most physically ready of the prospects and it's not even a gamble as this season we've used tortoise Matic there and The Scottish Player who's not a natural defensive midfielder.

Should start against Rochdale.

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncyCheetah
Not going to happen.

It is, but that can change. And sooner or later it will.

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:45 PM
92ToBury

At the start of the summer, we needed a decent right-back, decent centre-back, decent winger and improvements in the striking and centre midfield areas. First three we've done a decent job of with the three new signings. To allow Herrera and Lukaku to leave without replacing them with someone better is the key issue. Someone to protect the back four and a quality striker. Then, next time out, someone to improve on Luke Shaw if he doesn't. If only we'd have had a director of football to sort this out eh?

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:51 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
At the start of the summer, we needed a decent right-back, decent centre-back, decent winger and improvements in the striking and centre midfield areas. First three we've done a decent job of with the three new signings. To allow Herrera and Lukaku to leave without replacing them with someone better is the key issue. Someone to protect the back four and a quality striker. Then, next time out, someone to improve on Luke Shaw if he doesn't. If only we'd have had a director of football to sort this out eh?
The money isn't there. Simple as that.

Luckily we appear to have made the best three signings in donkey's years. Hopefully we get as lucky next summer.

We will net spend over 100 mil next summer. Keeping to our obfuscated average of 90 mil per season over the Glazer's tenure.

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:15 PM
barca99

Thought this thread was 4 years old

We have needed midfielders for £#%&!ing ages but this summer more than ever its going to hurt us.

Ole was praised for getting rid of some shit and rightfully so but to not get any replacement was just criminal.

If Greenwood is Lukaku or Sanchezs or what ever where are all the £#%&!ing others. We havent even replaced fellaini

If Ole spends and spends right in Jan and the summer then fair enough there was method in the madness but he needs to get there first!

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:18 PM
ZiggyStardust

We really need to be less picky with some of our signings

It’s all well and good saying we didn’t sign any midfielders or forwards this summer because the ones we wanted weren’t available
We had to sign more quality experienced players this summer as a stop gap if for no other reason

They don’t have to cost 50 mill each either
Why can’t we do a Juve sign some good players on a free or bring in some players on loan for the season

Clueless

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:32 PM
AK14

£#%&! all will change in the long term because of this current structure above the manager.

We'll be saying all the same the things this time next year and the year after and the year after etc....

Ole will get the sack and round and round we go.

I don’t think there is any clear thought out plan to anything we do other than hope for the best. We’re doing it with these academy kids and no matter how good their potential is nothing is a guarantee in football. Our transfer ’strategy’ changes every summer.

Take Maguire for instance. Good player and one who I was up for us signing, no problem there. But we’re spending 80m on a CB that will probably need replacing himself when () we finally finish this £#%&!ing ‘rebuild’...

We’ve been fed the line of going young and British...yet we’ve signed a load of promising 16-17 year olds for the reserves that are foreign

We’re being linked with the likes of Sancho and Maddison etc...

1) if we fail to qualify for the CL then I very much doubt Sancho is going to want to come
2) Also failing to qualify for the CL probably means our transfer budget will be low or even lower than it has been so spending upwards of 70m on one player (Maddison) will completely wipe our budget out.

We’ve got an underachieving squad of players and the majority of them are on massive and I think it’s fair to say undeserved wages

Apparently we’ve still got head scouts brought in by the last three managers, so probably all pulling in different directions.

We are the worst run ‘big club’ in the country (not sure about Europe as I don’t watch much European leagues). We’re £#%&!ed until these owners £#%&! off or their cash cow takes a hit so they put people who know what their doing at the head of the club.

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:53 PM
barca99

No champions league will kill us this time round. We have got away with it before, big players and dare i say big manager in charge meant we could still attract players.

We are clearly a club on the decline for the whole world to see with a club legend in charge that the likes of sancho and whoever else couldnt give two £#%&!s about.

I said before if in 2 years if we have any foudation for the next manager it will be a bonus. As it stands the next manager will have the makings of a good defence and £#%&! all else.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:46 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
No champions league will kill us this time round. We have got away with it before, big players and dare i say big manager in charge meant we could still attract players.

We are clearly a club on the decline for the whole world to see with a club legend in charge that the likes of sancho and whoever else couldnt give two £#%&!s about.

I said before if in 2 years if we have any foudation for the next manager it will be a bonus. As it stands the next manager will have the makings of a good defence and £#%&! all else.
Sancho is a unique case imo.

This is a kid who has total self belief and awareness. He told Pep to £#%&! off and went out to a new country because it was best for his development rather than hang around, win a few medals but only play 4/5/6/7 times.

It might be he'd relish the challenge of lifting the club back to where it belongs. Following the lineage of great wingers, great number 7s.

Maybe I'm stuck in sentiment but I still think United is still an attraction for the best. People cite Liverpool in the 90s but the game was very localised compared to the global glamour now.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:53 PM
dunk

The owners need to drop half a billion on the first team squad, no £#%&!ing about. Not ever going to happen, so we are where we are.

Folding the club is a definite option. Merge with someone local maybe?

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Buck

Dropping half a billion on the first team squad has given us this lot

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:01 PM
armchair

i'd have cattle prods at training tbh
Closed Thread