United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I do know however he has more experience and knowledge about football than Ed Woodward will ever have.
so do you.

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
are we just closing our eyes and sticking pins in the ex-player contact book now?
Seems to be people Fergie rates as being made from the the right stuff.

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Seems to be people Fergie rates as being made from the the right stuff.
that has always worked.

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:34 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
What exactly qualifies him for the role?
The role of being an assistant to phelan overseeing the scouting department? Not being a dribbling £#%&!wit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I would expect somebody with some financial acumen, excellent negotiating skills, an excellent scouting network and have a clear vision tbf
Neither he nor phelan would be doing anythinb to do with finance or negotiating. Why do they need those skills?

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:36 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
I don't know mate. And neither do you.

I do know however he has more experience and knowledge about football than Ed Woodward will ever have.
You’re right pal, maybe Fletch is really good at all of the above and it’s just been kept quiet up until now. I looking forward to you giving him the time he needs to implement his vision.

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:38 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Right, presumably experience with any number of the issues we have struggled with (transfer fees, wages, identifying players that fit a style of play and have a good character) is desirable, has Fletcher got any of the above?
Who the £#%&! is suggesting fletcher as dof? Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that has always worked.
More often than not.

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You’re right pal, maybe Fletch is really good at all of the above and it’s just been kept quiet up until now. I looking forward to you giving him the time he needs to implement his vision.
Oh Chris, you really are a cad.

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:42 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Who the £#%&! is suggesting fletcher as dof? Jesus Christ.

No-one, I’ve just re-read the article, stand down!

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:50 PM
AK14

I’ve not got a problem with the likes of Fletcher coming in as part of a clubre structure tbh. It’s something that should happened when Fergie retired imo

Mentioned on here a while back how Barca and many European clubs have ex players as part of the structure above the managers along with El Woodwards and it’s something we should look at.

Fletch seems an intelligent bloke and has come through the ranks at united, could be a good move from the club.

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:01 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I don't know mate. And neither do you.

He didn't have the experience when Barsa took him on.

The knowledge of football's indisputable.

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:01 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Mentioned on here a while back how Barca and many European clubs have ex players as part of the structure above the managers along with El Woodwards and it’s something we should look at.
when we don't have any leadership material in the dressing room, it would be nice to have a few gods saying "that kind of shit doesn't cut it round here, blossom".

but fletch?

robson. hughes. keane. bruce. scholes. neville g. oh.

vds, cantona and nicky butt, then.

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:33 PM
TheFatGoth

Fergie's Love Child v2.0

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
when we don't have any leadership material in the dressing room, it would be nice to have a few gods saying "that kind of shit doesn't cut it round here, blossom".

but fletch?

robson. hughes. keane. bruce. scholes. neville g. oh.

vds, cantona and nicky butt, then.
Yeah, should get Tony V. doing it

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, should get Tony V. doing it
that is actually a good idea. it isn't. obviously.

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that is actually a good idea. it isn't. obviously.

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
maybe keano and tony the tiger?

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:23 PM
browser

Hearing he’s shit his pants at the prospect and passed it sideways to Ji Sung Park

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:29 PM
TreeFiddy

I’m hearing Allan has got the call. Ed’s interviewing him in his burger van before the Chelsea game. What he lacks in experience he makes up for in attitude and sliced gherkins.

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:43 PM
silv

I’ve had enough of Fergie hiring his Chrohnies

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I’ve had enough of Fergie hiring his Chrohnies
Closed Thread