United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
How do you know this?

I think giving out new contracts rather than letting them run out are a club policy regardless of manager, and they’re not signing as many players as he wanted, but I I doubt the club are signing or getting rid of players against his will. I have no doubt ole has final say on who comes and goes, even if he’s hampered by not being able to sign or get rid of as many as he’d like, as quickly as he’d like.
Obviously I don’t for sure

Just like you don’t.

But I’m using common sense and what has happened under these owners previously to base my opinion on. I’d love nothing more than for it to be Ole coming i here and kicking arse etc, but the reality is under these owners it’s very very unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The only things we've seen similar to this over the last 35 years are:

1) When Fergie took over in '86, briefly steadied the place and we finished 2nd in his first full season in '88. However he then got down to the business of stripping out the squad of all the old heads and we quickly plummeted down the table. Finished 11th in 1989 and then 13th in 1990, Just 5 points clear of relegation where you saw the now infamous "3 years and it's still crap tara" flag..FA cup win saved his job.

2) When Van Gaal came in post moyes and stripped away all the old guard leaving us in a similar state squad-wise as we are now. He finished 5th, won the FA Cup but was still binned off halfway through.

It's shit but the club really have to ride this one out and back the manager. We can't keep starting over every other year. It's gonna take 2-3 years to sort this and it needs to be done now.
Yep.

Just hope the owners and Ed don’t pull the plug and start over again...

Which they probably will.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:54 PM
puressence

spurs currently in the middle of a worse run with a 5 to 6 year old manager whos won nowt .. nothing gets printed

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
spurs currently in the middle of a worse run with a 5 to 6 year old manager whos won nowt .. nothing gets printed
probably because it's spurs mate.

Unread 23-09-2019, 01:01 PM
Tommy M

Thumbs up

Quote:

1) When Fergie took over in '86, briefly steadied the place and we finished 2nd in his first full season in '88. However he then got down to the business of stripping out the squad of all the old heads and we quickly plummeted down the table. Finished 11th in 1989 and then 13th in 1990, Just 5 points clear of relegation where you saw the now infamous "3 years and it's still crap tara" flag..FA cup win saved his job.

2) When Van Gaal came in post moyes and stripped away all the old guard leaving us in a similar state squad-wise as we are now. He finished 5th, won the FA Cup but was still binned off halfway through.

It's shit but the club really have to ride this one out and back the manager. We can't keep starting over every other year. It's gonna take 2-3 years to sort this and it needs to be done now.
Spot on

Unread 23-09-2019, 02:20 PM
utd99

I can’t believe this is even being discussed.

If this is anything outside of hysteria on fan forums then the club is truly lost.

You could list the ten greatest managers in history, and the ten greatest jobs they did, and not one of them would have survived the ineptitude of this club, at this time, with this management.

Unread 23-09-2019, 02:22 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 23-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Big Norm

In less than a year Ole has done the following:

Out: Fellaini, Sanchez, Smalling, Lukaku, Herrera, Darmian

In: Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, James

First team action for: Tuanzebe, Greenwood, Gomez, Chong.

If you don't think that's progress, there's something wrong with you. It's also clear that injuries to 2 senior players when we're going through this transition will hit hard.

Sparky has it spot on, we need to buckle up and let the team improve slowly whilst we rebuild on a combination of a limited budget and promotion of suitable academy prospects. Hopefully get a good run in one of the cups while it's happening.

Unread 23-09-2019, 05:00 PM
MagnificentSeven

being honest, these problems were here when fergie was still here. the shitshow that was the 2011/12 season being case in point.

i said before the start of the season that i wasn't expecting anything spectacular, and if ole is wanting to build a side, we're going to have to be patient and give it a year or two before things start to take shape.

Unread 23-09-2019, 05:19 PM
utd99

I don’t think this subject is even real; it has to be fan driven because even Ed Woodward can’t be that inept. In the ludicrous scenario that Solskjaer is removed from his position now, we wouldn’t be sacking him at all - what we would effectively be doing is:
Re-sacking van Gaal and Mourinho, because they’re the reason we’re in this mess in the first place - I’m not sure anyone really knows how long it would take anybody to unravel the mess they left- and the board acknowledging beyond all doubt that they don’t know what they’re doing.

If you were the hiring manager for a big firm, and the people you hired kept getting fired because they were so bad, at what point are you not going to be allowed to keep hiring people? Woody may be shit, but he’s not a fool; he knows that at some point this is coming back on him. When we run out of managers and players to blame, there’s only one person left, and I don’t care how much money you earn, in the face of protests, campaigns headlines and £#%&!ing planes your life is going to become miserable.

We need calm heads, a plan and the balls to see it through, no matter what. Panic is our worst enemy.

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:09 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I don’t think this subject is even real; it has to be fan driven because even Ed Woodward can’t be that inept. In the ludicrous scenario that Solskjaer is removed from his position now, we wouldn’t be sacking him at all - what we would effectively be doing is:
Re-sacking van Gaal and Mourinho, because they’re the reason we’re in this mess in the first place - I’m not sure anyone really knows how long it would take anybody to unravel the mess they left- and the board acknowledging beyond all doubt that they don’t know what they’re doing.

If you were the hiring manager for a big firm, and the people you hired kept getting fired because they were so bad, at what point are you not going to be allowed to keep hiring people? Woody may be shit, but he’s not a fool; he knows that at some point this is coming back on him. When we run out of managers and players to blame, there’s only one person left, and I don’t care how much money you earn, in the face of protests, campaigns headlines and £#%&!ing planes your life is going to become miserable.

We need calm heads, a plan and the balls to see it through, no matter what. Panic is our worst enemy.

It's not panic

It's knee jerk slapped arses bitching without a clue of the realities of moving through a period of transition and rebuilding

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:16 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
It's not panic

It's knee jerk slapped arses bitching without a clue of the realities of moving through a period of transition and rebuilding
Transition and rebuilding? It's been a transitional period for almost six years ffs. Do other teams have transitional periods? Do they £#%&!.

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Transition and rebuilding? It's been a transitional period for almost six years ffs. Do other teams have transitional periods? Do they £#%&!.
Exactly...transition....£#%&! off

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:22 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Exactly...transition....£#%&! off
Well, I think the point being made is that we’ve taken the less patient route several times over the past few years and it’s only set us back. You do realise that by sacking Ole it puts as back at square one again?

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Chris Quayd

What is it people are expecting from a team with young at lb, the worst midfield in the top 10 and one out of form striker with no service? You agree the team is shit but then expect what exactly?

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:32 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Right Ferguson never experienced one when he was appointed

Went straight in and was a success from day one

Do you seriously think Liverpool never experienced a period of transition ?

TBF2u I know it was before your time and Sky and all that but at least take a look at history before bleating nonsense

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:33 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Well, I think the point being made is that we’ve taken the less patient route several times over the past few years and it’s only set us back. You do realise that by sacking Ole it puts as back at square one again?
He shouldn't have been given it in the first place.

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

TBF2u I know it was before your time and Sky and all that but at least take a look at history before bleating nonsense
Getting on for three decades I think?

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:34 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Ferguson was proven and has success elsewhere.

Ole was meant to be a caretaker until Pochettino joined in the sunmer until the club £#%&!ed that up.

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:39 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
He shouldn't have been given it in the first place.
Perhaps. But here we are. Had we found another manager, then great, we’d have a summer for him to implement something and we wouldn’t be worse off for it. However, Ole is here and the consequences of getting rid of him now could be disastrous. I can’t think of a manager in world football who would be able to do much better with what we have, and the ones that could make a difference, I’m not sure would come at this point, not until next summer at least.

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:41 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Perhaps. But here we are. Had we found another manager, then great, we’d have a summer for him to implement something and we wouldn’t be worse off for it. However, Ole is here and the consequences of getting rid of him now could be disastrous. I can’t think of a manager in world football who would be able to do much better with what we have, and the ones that could make a difference, I’m not sure would come at this point, not until next summer at least.
I've not once said he should be sacked btw. Out of his depth and tactically clueless, yes, but, agree, getting rid would be catastrophic.
Closed Thread