Yes - nqat 13 16.46%
No - we're doomed 66 83.54%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2018, 10:40 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobda
If we get over this desperate need to be the first to say I told you so, instead got behind the team, maybe we’d have a slightly better chance?
No offense mate, but how is this forum getting behind the team going to help the standard of football ?

Whether we bitch and moan or cheer on the team, we will have no effect on what happens on the pitch. What happens there is down to the manager and the players, with some influence be had by the owners. We don't come into it.

Unread 24-11-2018, 10:53 PM
TheKitchenSink

Ah, "get behind the lads ffs", haven't heard that classic in a while.

Mid-table for us this season - remains to be seen whether Jose can actually finish lower than Moyes had us before he was booted out.

Unread 24-11-2018, 10:53 PM
Bobda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You think the press are feeding off the fans?

Are you being serious? Or have you not been paying attention to the soap opera that the club has been playing out for the world the last year or so?
I think theres an element of that, yes. It not the reason we are where we are, but I think the club would be much better off without the reactionary shite that happens online.

Everybody is welcome to their opinion. It’s how that opinion is delivered and how it’s perceived by people outside of the club where it becomes detrimental.

Take your posts for example, I reckon every single member on here knows exactly how you feel about the current team and management. We have the misfortune of repeatedly reading it in your passive aggressive tone 4 or 5 times a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
No offense mate, but how is this forum getting behind the team going to help the standard of football ?

Whether we bitch and moan or cheer on the team, we will have no effect on what happens on the pitch. What happens there is down to the manager and the players, with some influence be had by the owners. We don't come into it.
Non taken.

Even the shittest of shit clubs don’t attack their own team publically in the manner we do.

Unread 24-11-2018, 11:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I think theres an element of that, yes. It not the reason we are where we are, but I think the club would be much better off without the reactionary shite that happens online.

Everybody is welcome to their opinion. It’s how that opinion is delivered and how it’s perceived by people outside of the club where it becomes detrimental.

Take your posts for example, I reckon every single member on here knows exactly how you feel about the current team and management. We have the misfortune of repeatedly reading it in your passive aggressive tone 4 or 5 times a day.
You are talking out of your £#%&!ing hoop son.

Unread 24-11-2018, 11:01 PM
MagnificentSeven

Unread 24-11-2018, 11:02 PM
Fat Al

Unread 24-11-2018, 11:41 PM
jem

Quote:
I reckon every single member on here knows exactly how you feel about the current team and management. We have the misfortune of repeatedly reading it in your passive aggressive tone 4 or 5 times a day.
cut out the repetitive whiny navel-gazing and we might as well pack up and enjoy irl.

Unread 24-11-2018, 11:46 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
cut out the repetitive whiny navel-gazing and we might as well pack up and enjoy irl.
never

Unread 25-11-2018, 12:18 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Didn’t say anybody should be more positive pal.
But the club would

'Be much better off without the reaction shit online '

Ok mate.

No offence, but if you think fans talking on the internet about how shit the shit football is has any influence on the club or the team, then I think you're deluded.

Unread 25-11-2018, 12:26 AM
red in cumbria

Well this poll is competitive

Unread 25-11-2018, 12:32 AM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
If we get over this desperate need to be the first to say I told you so, instead got behind the team, maybe we’d have a slightly better chance?

Unread 25-11-2018, 02:12 AM
Cream

I agree with Bodba.

Too much negativity around the club. Feeds back to the players.

Top 4? Easy.

Unread 25-11-2018, 01:42 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Top 4? Easy.
should be.

I assumed we weren't changing manager, though.

Unread 25-11-2018, 01:57 PM
Albert Tatlock

I repeat. Fergie would win the league with this squad. He would turn pep into a nervous wreck and klopp would do a benitez...but the great man is no longer in charge...

Unread 25-11-2018, 07:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
I repeat. Fergie would win the league with this squad
Nope.

He knew the right time to call it a day.

Unread 27-11-2018, 12:30 PM
dunk

https://www.football365.com/news/man...sh-in-top-four

Quote:
Here are the worrying stats for Mourinho and United:

– Of all the top four finishers since the Premier League began, Arsenal in 2012/13 had the biggest deficit to make up. Arsene Wenger’s men used the last two-thirds of the campaign to claw back a five-point gap and finish fourth, one point clear of Tottenham.

– Only on five other occasions – three of them featuring Liverpool – have top four finishers recovered anything more than a one-point deficit by this stage of the season.

– And during the last 10 years, in five seasons the teams in the top four after 13 games have been the same sides that finish in the Champions League places. Only once in the last decade (last season) has the make-up of the final top four changed by more than a single side from that of the quartet at the summit after 13 games.

Unread 27-11-2018, 12:32 PM
TheFatGoth

Seem to remeber similar stats floating about during Moyes' season.

Unread 27-11-2018, 12:51 PM
Buck

Speaking of Moyes:

Quote:
“Toni Kroos had agreed to come Manchester United with me,” Moyes said on talkSPORT.

"I met him and his wife and we agreed it all when he was at Bayern Munich. But it was only going to get done at the end of the season before he joined Real Madrid.”
Andy Mitten reported on this at the time. Van Gaal vetoed it but approved Herrera

Unread 27-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Speaking of Moyes:

Andy Mitten reported on this at the time. Van Gaal vetoed it but approved Herrera
Tbf I think Herrera looked top drawer at Athletic Bilbao.

He's gone backwards at United, like a lot of players.

Unread 27-11-2018, 06:57 PM
magic_cantona

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha
Closed Thread