United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2019, 11:57 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not sure how our black hole of midfield didn't see them bossing the middle, but they never did (until the oc and lallana came on, anyway, but we were back-pedalling by then).
Because we need to give credit where it’s due. Fred and McT worked their socks off (which is really all that Henderson and co do every week) and more than held their own. They were mostly positive in looking forwards and were closing the space well.

They’ve come in for a lot of shit recently - and may do again - but I have a lot of time for honest players who put in a shift. Not so much for prancing poseurs who feel like they’re honouring us with their presence.

Unread 21-10-2019, 11:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Maybe you just have very low standards if you think there is a player there and he played well. No drama, it happens.
More that you're just completely clueless tbh.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:00 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
More that you're just completely clueless tbh.
Based on what we have seen from him thus far, I think you are incorrect.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
That is usually the case, yes.

Managers usually get credit for effectively setting up a team when they are decimated by injuries, not on Fred obviously.

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Because we need to give credit where it’s due. Fred and McT worked their socks off (which is really all that Henderson and co do every week) and more than held their own. They were mostly positive in looking forwards and were closing the space well.

They’ve come in for a lot of shit recently - and may do again - but I have a lot of time for honest players who put in a shift. Not so much for prancing poseurs who feel like they’re honouring us with their presence.
I'm hardly going to defend pogba.

it has more to with liverpool building wide and playing into our hands. when their subs came on, they filled the middle.

mctog tried hard. fred wasn't particularly effective. liverpool were not set up to be effective. our 2-man midfield should have been overrrun. as it was, wijnaldum had their best chance in the first half and ox-ch owned that space when he came on.

Unread 21-10-2019, 01:24 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
he wouldnt get out of bed for 30k

he wouldnt sign him but vardy would be immense at utd for the way the manager wants us to play , is there a player out there similar ? think son could be that player
thanks for that Gary Neville

Unread 21-10-2019, 03:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep.

We were game raising crooks sometimes. Are you thinking of New Year's Day 1989? The glorious 3-1 win over Liverpool - then we went straight up to Middlesborough and lost to Peter Davenport's goal just after he'd joined them.
Something utterly damning in itself, nqat.

Unread 22-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's a weird one, can definitely play, is tenacious and gets stuck in, but appears to be utterly brainless in his movement and has no awareness of what's going on behind him. Should play every week at the moment, purely because there is nobody else, but unless he settles and grows into it a bit, I can't see him being here long.
His distribution is poor and his spatial awareness is zero. I would play Garner at some point against the likes of Norwich

Unread 22-10-2019, 11:22 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustling jimmies
The biggest positive for us was Liverpool didn't turn up so we managed to grab a point.
That’s convenient, given their form.

Unread 22-10-2019, 11:33 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
thanks for that Gary Neville
moved off the floor yet slug

Unread 22-10-2019, 11:57 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm hardly going to defend pogba.

it has more to with liverpool building wide and playing into our hands. when their subs came on, they filled the middle.

mctog tried hard. fred wasn't particularly effective. liverpool were not set up to be effective. our 2-man midfield should have been overrrun. as it was, wijnaldum had their best chance in the first half and ox-ch owned that space when he came on.
Was very surprised we didn't fill that gap either br dropping periera back or bring someone else on to make a 3.
Closed Thread