United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-10-2019, 07:17 AM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Martial?! I think you mean Rashford?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
£#%&! me i definitely meant rashford.
They all look the same to you mate?

Unread 21-10-2019, 07:27 AM
puressence

did pele touch the ball when he came on , gloves ffs absolute barbie of a player

Unread 21-10-2019, 07:27 AM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
We are told Ole is clueless and we are bound for relegation yet when we outplay and are unlucky not to beat the probable champions on a 17 match winning streak the pissy knickers come out.

There is nothing top red about acknowledging some of the positives, it's not like most people on this board are blind to the negatives. We had some very good individual performers today, we had the better of the game despite our squad, which is threadbare and average with everyone fit, was missing three first team starters. Let us enjoy this weekend before Norwich pot us next week please.

Unread 21-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Play the ball, not the man.

Unread 21-10-2019, 08:21 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
did pele touch the ball when he came on , gloves ffs absolute barbie of a player
My first thought too.

"Need you to get on there and give it everything. First in the the tackle. Close down space."

"Sure, just need to find my gloves first"

Unread 21-10-2019, 09:29 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Have you not got an idea where we’re at yet?

I’m used to all this “give it a rest” stuff. Got the same when I made that thread back in April. You all come round eventually
come on pal, you've pissed and moaned like an hysterical tart in every match thread on here since november 2006. that includes when we were winning leagues and european cups. you're not a visionary, you're just spoilt.

we played well for 75 minutes against the team who have been head and shoulders above everyone else so far. it's hard to keep up the intensity we showed for 90 mins, but we did lots of things right.

we are in transition at the moment. it's not about being a top red, it's about accepting reality and being patient.

Unread 21-10-2019, 09:29 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Guys instead of throwing shades at each other how about someone suggest what can we, as ordinary united fans, can do right now?
Back the manager if you think he’s on the right track with his plans to fix the dressing room, and be patient. Direct any shit at woodward and the owners rather than the one man who’s 100% working in our interests.

Unread 21-10-2019, 09:34 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
come on pal, you've pissed and moaned like an hysterical tart in every match thread on here since november 2006. that includes when we were winning leagues and european cups. you're not a visionary, you're just spoilt.

we played well for 75 minutes against the team who have been head and shoulders above everyone else so far. it's hard to keep up the intensity we showed for 90 mins, but we did lots of things right.

we are in transition at the moment. it's not about being a top red, it's about accepting reality and being patient.
Rawk!

Postage!

Unread 21-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:

Unread 21-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Nah. I really do think I’m a visionary.

We’ll lose at Norwich.

Unread 21-10-2019, 10:05 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Nah. I really do think I’m a visionary.

We’ll lose at Norwich.
£50 we don’t?

Unread 21-10-2019, 10:06 AM
Cream

Pls refer to 1:05:05

[SIZE="5"]Loud swearing

Unread 21-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Ethers

Honestly can’t believe the reaction of some people ffs.

Good to see some voices of reason - Keithy, Quayders, Duckers, Bunks etc.

If you can’t see the positive side of yesterday then you’re either thick or deliberately laying on the doom

Unread 21-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Depends on what you define by positives.

It's a positive we didn't lose at home to a very decent side.

Are those positives anything more than immediately short term? No.

Unread 21-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

Most people expected us to o be absolutely battered, some people are gutted we weren't...

Unread 21-10-2019, 10:33 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Most people expected us to o be absolutely battered, some people are gutted we weren't...
Ole tactically outwitting the best manager ever ever ever doesn’t fit the narrative that he’s a clueless fraud either.

Unread 21-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Ole tactically outwitting the best manager ever ever ever doesn’t fit the narrative that he’s a clueless fraud either.
A lot of threads, bumps and posts deleted from drafts....

Unread 21-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

Depends what the positives are.

If it's solely about that match (ie we took a point of a good side) then it can only be short term in the context of one game.

If it's something like a goal for Rashford that could potentially help him find some form, then that can benefit us in the long run.

Unread 21-10-2019, 10:38 AM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Tactically outwitting -

66 percent possession for the team away from home, a 1-1 draw against a Liverpool side who failed to turn up until the last 5 mins.

Unread 21-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
A lot of threads, bumps and posts deleted from drafts....
4 goals and 2 assists for Rashy in 8 games, including yet another goal in a big game. Well on course for his best return ever. Awkward.