United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 19-10-2019, 01:34 PM
FraUtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
that's irrelevant. the question "do you want the uk to stay in the eu?" is very different to the question "if the uk leaves the eu, do you want northern ireland to leave the uk?" (or "if the uk leaves the eu, would you like northern ireland to have a status different to the rest of the uk, allowing it to remain in the sm/cu?"... or whatever.)

it may well be that, given that choice, northern ireland would vote to stay in the eu. but it wasn't the question asked.

this again?
I don't think you genuinely believe every voter ticked a box while considering the impact to the wider UK, and not just based on their own opinions and those of their immediate peers

Unread 19-10-2019, 01:41 PM
atticusgrinch

Ken Clarke - Right Honourable and Learned.

Unread 19-10-2019, 01:51 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Ken Clarke - Right Honourable and Learned.

Basically, one of the few decent MPís left. Would have loved him to be PM

Unread 19-10-2019, 02:02 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Basically, one of the few decent MPís left. Would have loved him to be PM
There's still time.

Unread 19-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Cream

David Davis being interviewed outside. Said the vote is happening around 5.30.

Er, are you sure?

Yes. I was told there are many people who want to speak, and the Speaker will let them have their time.

Itís just that we were told itís 2.30 and the Parliament acct has just tweeted the same...

What?!

Run along you dumb c***.

Unread 19-10-2019, 02:41 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
David Davis being interviewed outside. Said the vote is happening around 5.30.

Er, are you sure?

Yes. I was told there are many people who want to speak, and the Speaker will let them have their time.

Itís just that we were told itís 2.30 and the Parliament acct has just tweeted the same...

What?!

Run along you dumb c***.
He is the thickest of the lot. Hard to believe he keeps exposing his ignorance and stupidity in public. That's how thick he is I guess.

Unread 19-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Knockers

Letwin passes.

Election ahoy.

Unread 19-10-2019, 02:57 PM
Zorg

And we go live to Brussels

Unread 19-10-2019, 03:04 PM
Jack Duckworth

Unread 19-10-2019, 03:19 PM
Albert Tatlock

Why can't they just continue, vote on the Boris deal itself and set the wheels in motion ?

Why has Boris picked up his ball and walked off ?

Even Letwin said that he will vote for the Boris deal... so let's get on with it