United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:06 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Actually sang at ewood one year
Valencia and Young scorers? 2012 ish?

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:11 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Valencia and Young scorers? 2012 ish?
Could of been.....

It was Magic...

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:16 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Dating yourself a bit there mate.
Ah, shuttup-a you face

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:24 AM
Part 36 Offer

Another very average, turgid performance. Pogba is such a huge loss for this side.

Shaw did well. He should be playing every game imo. Jones was outstanding.

Pleased for Big Rom

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Switching Off

MOTD commentator trying to make out Martial fouled their defender in the build up to the goal. Then the defender comes out crying that little teams don't get those decisions

He ran into Martial

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:42 AM
armchair

I think Martial had a decent game and was one of our better players despite all the hate on here.

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:47 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

It's one thing struggling to score against bus parkers away, but what's the excuse of struggling to win a game when journey men teams come to OT and actually have a go?

If it's cos pogba didn't play then we are in bad shape. Dismal stuff, if it carry's on expect to see chelsea and maybe one of the others to leap frog us.

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:49 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
It's one thing struggling to score against bus parkers away, but what's the excuse of struggling to win a game when journey men teams come to OT and actually have a go?

If it's cos pogba didn't play then we are in bad shape. Dismal stuff, if it carry's on expect to see chelsea and maybe one of the others to leap frog us.
Oh we can't be expected to play any football. Man City have spent lots of money!

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:50 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think Martial had a decent game and was one of our better players despite all the hate on here.
Don't get why he gets people wound up. He's one of the few players who has the skill and balls to have a go at the opposition in spite of the tactics the manager sets out. He's Balon d'or potential in my opinion.

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:54 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Don't get why he gets people wound up. He's one of the few players who has the skill and balls to have a go at the opposition in spite of the tactics the manager sets out. He's Balon d'or potential in my opinion.
Uh-oh...

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:57 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Uh-oh...

Was my first thought - saw him for arsenal tonight spluttering around and his only reward was getting a throwing or something.

Unread 14-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Was my first thought - saw him for arsenal tonight spluttering around and his only reward was getting a throwing or something.
I like Welbz but strikers that do not score regularly are a waste of space at the very top level.

Unread 14-12-2017, 01:01 AM
armchair

Quote:
I like Welbz but strikers that do not score regularly are a waste of space at the very top level.
why are you comparing martial to him then?

imho martial is better than rashford and lukaku and will eventually beat both of them out of their places or be top dog at a big club. He's being held back playing out wide.

Unread 14-12-2017, 01:03 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
why are you comparing martial to him then?

imho martial is better than rashford and lukaku and will eventually beat both of them out of their places or be top dog at a big club. He's being held back playing out wide.
what are you on about? i'm not. i posted that because bucko said he had ballon d'or potential; dunk once said the same about Welbz and look how that turned out.

Unread 14-12-2017, 01:07 AM
Buck

You can't be serious....and I liked Welbeck

Martial's close control, balance and single mindedness is sublime. He makes difficult play look effortless. Many young players get a pass early on in their careers for looking good for their age and looking back Welbeck probably was one. Running around a lot and just doing the basics right gets credit.

The way Martial plays is better than a lot of older forwards. In Van Gaal's first season he netted 17 goals and was the bright spark in that team. Everything good came from getting the ball out to him and letting him weave his magic. Last season was difficult as second seasons for players tend to be but he showed glimpses and this season he has been clinical and more like what we saw in that first year.

I think he's a better player than Sterling and much better than Jesus who imo is little more than a glorified Vardy. Those two play in a team that has constant movement and where the ball is moved around quickly to drag defenders out of position whereas with us that cohesion is less prominent.

Unread 14-12-2017, 01:10 AM
andyroo

He wasn't serious. He just said.

Unread 14-12-2017, 01:18 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He wasn't serious. He just said.
Only saw it after I hit submit tbf

Unread 14-12-2017, 01:20 AM
armchair

Quote:
what are you on about? i'm not. i posted that because bucko said he had ballon d'or potential; dunk once said the same about Welbz and look how that turned out.
just fancied a ruck tbh but now i'm kind of tired.

hard to believe you rate welbeck over martial though.

Unread 14-12-2017, 01:32 AM
utd99

Quote:
That was Borsuk. Even Dunk wouldn’t go that far.

Unread 14-12-2017, 01:54 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
MOTD commentator trying to make out Martial fouled their defender in the build up to the goal. Then the defender comes out crying that little teams don't get those decisions

He ran into Martial
The absolute £#%&!ing cheek of him, the £#%&!ing nobody. Shearer got it spot on. Martial's knocked the ball past him and he's tried to block him off and got bulldozed out of the way. best to stay on the floor and try and claim a foul