United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Macca1990

Default Carlos Tevez - Goodison Subs

I really will be gutted if Tevez leaves us he's on of my fav united players atm, he was £#%&!ing fantasic last season and I think he deserves better than the dodgey treatment hes getting of ferguson for whatever reason.

Now to the goodison subs, were 1-1 with everton 65 odd minutes and ferguson brings anderson on, a player yet to score for us but a brilliant passer, followed by nani a goal threat sometimes but who's precision and end product has been far from satisfactory, and then finally tevez the player who scored 20 goals for us last season a near constant goal threat is given ten scrappy minutes at the end.

Unless his fitness if £#%&!erd which I doubt anyone got any ideas on the thinking behind today?

Unread 25-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Bunker Buster

No thinking on it.

Fergie is a deranged old @#%&!.

idiotic Subs today......Lost us 2 points.....

Wayne and #tevez would have maybe grabbed one....Nani and Anderson didnt and wouldnt.

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Whalefish

If the choice was/is between Berbatov and Tevez, I'd sooner have bought the latter outright. If he goes because there's no cash left, as it was all £#%&!ed on Berbatov, I'll be very very pissed off.

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:11 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
If the choice was/is between Berbatov and Tevez, I'd sooner have bought the latter outright. If he goes because there's no cash left, as it was all £#%&!ed on Berbatov, I'll be very very pissed off.
Doesn't bear thinking about.

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I agree...........but dont say it too loud...

"berbatov is going to be AMMMMmmmmmazing for us"

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:14 PM
koppas

Quote:
Yup. Been saying that all summer.

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

"berbatov is going to be AMMMMmmmmmazing for us"
He will be. However, unlike those who keep moaning about his lack of workrate off the ball etc I can't be arsed with it. He's always been that way, he isn't going to change and I don't think Fergie will ask him too either.

He'll win us games but in matches like today i don't think he's ideal. Tevez on the other hand is.

But Fergie has his new toy. The one he's wanted for 2 years now.

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Amnesia is a £#%&!ing five.

Take him to Pacha.
We'll probably just hang out at bora bora.....Together.....

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Macca1990

I never meant it as a huge "ferie out" post, but you have to question today, I £#%&!ing love ando aswell but today was never going to be when he got his first, and nani well the less said the better at the moment, proppa feel for tevez aswell it seems all he wants to do is give his all for us and he can't.

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Whalefish

I don't like Nani at all. Looks to have great potential but I'm not convinced he has it upstairs to really apply himself and push on.

Thinks he's already made it??

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:36 PM
HALman

Quote:
I don't like Nani at all. Looks to have great potential but I'm not convinced he has it upstairs to really apply himself and push on.

Thinks he's already made it??
Nani will never mature and move on whilst Ronaldo is at the same club. Makes you wonder whether we should have kept Snooty instead.

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:36 PM
ShooterMcGavin

His goals won the title last year. He was like Cantona but no one else can admit it

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:38 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALman
Nani will never mature and move on whilst Ronaldo is at the same club. Makes you wonder whether we should have kept Snooty instead.

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

the subs may look odd on the face of it

but in reality they were all in the space of 10 minutes and ended up as virtually straight swaps: Nani for Park, Anderson for Fletcher and Tevez for Rooney.

Nani did well in the Celtic match. i thought he'd start today, but United were terrific in the 1st half tbf.

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the subs may look odd on the face of it

but in reality they were all in the space of 10 minutes and ended up as virtually straight swaps: Nani for Park, Anderson for Fletcher and Tevez for Rooney.

Nani did well in the Celtic match. i thought he'd start today, but United were terrific in the 1st half tbf.

No one is denying that we were fantastic first half, but why take off a passing midfielder for another passing midfielder then switch the wingers, surely the priorities are getting fresh legs up front and working it to the last 3rd of the pitch?

Unread 25-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
No one is denying that we were fantastic first half, but why take off a passing midfielder for another passing midfielder then switch the wingers, surely the priorities are getting fresh legs up front and working it to the last 3rd of the pitch?
thought he was just trying to get the team to re-establish its rhythym really

and adding some steel and some pace maybe

we had a couple of decent openings after the changes tbf, with Ronaldo central

Unread 25-10-2008, 06:17 PM
History

Would quieroz have made those subs?

Unread 25-10-2008, 06:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
You can work as hard as you like in the last third of the pitch, but it's a bit pointless if the ball isn't getting out of the first 2 thirds because the players are knackered and getting the shit kicked out of them.

Unread 25-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Coracao

Rooney and Berbatov are our best forwards, hence they get picked before Tevez. Not rocket science.

We should have killed the game before half time, and it had £#%&! all to do with Tevez being on the bench.

Unread 25-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Tiberian

I thought Tevez would play today as his workrate was better suited to the game type and midfield we had out. However Berbatov adds some height to the team, useful in defensive set piece situations which are a certainty to occur against a team like Everton.

He was very good first half, and if we kill the game as we should then no one complains.

As for Nani he starts one game out of three, so it comes as no surprise that he struggles to build any consistency and is often anxious and tries too much when on the ball. Park is more reliable but is often an attacking black hole.
Closed Thread