United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2022, 09:52 AM
Dr Stranger

Default 5 Subs

Anyone else think it’s already a bit much?

Good to have the options, but any time a team makes 3 changes it’s usually countered by more changes and the game descends into chaos.

The game went £#%&!ing mental for about ten minutes after the changes yesterday

Unread 05-09-2022, 09:56 AM
dunk

I think Teners uses them quite sparingly. Pep barely uses them.

It’ll settle down. The game descended into chaos because Arteta panicked, his subs panicked and then the team panicked it was hilarious tbf.

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:03 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Anyone else think it’s already a bit much?

Good to have the options, but any time a team makes 3 changes it’s usually countered by more changes and the game descends into chaos.

The game went £#%&!ing mental for about ten minutes after the changes yesterday
Played into our hands. It kills a lot of momentum your team has, only really worth it in the last 5 mins when you’re throwing the kitchen sink.

Imagine if ETH made those subs and lost 3-1. They’d be calling for his head. Arteta naturally gets an easy ride. I can’t stand him, every time he runs and stands right next to the pitch.

I guarantee you mourinho would have been fined by now for leaving his technical area so much.

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:05 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think Teners uses them quite sparingly. Pep barely uses them.

It’ll settle down. The game descended into chaos because Arteta panicked, his subs panicked and then the team panicked it was hilarious tbf.
True. It was bemoaned that it would be an advantage to bigger teams, but bigger teams rarely need to make many changes.

Arteta had a nightmare with those subs 😂 We should have stuck another two past the silly £#%&!ers at that point. Would have been even funnier watching them bleat about dominating the game when they lost 5-1.

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:05 AM
Neo

Thumbs down

It's shit, and has a 'pre-season game' feel to it.

The idea that you can finish a game with half of your outfield team completely different to the one that started is ridiculous.

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:31 AM
Stickman

shit

lends itself to stockpiling players and helps the likes of City keep everyone happy/happier.

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
shit

lends itself to stockpiling players and helps the likes of City keep everyone happy/happier.
I agree to a large extent, but haven't City mainly had a bench full of kids so far?

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:52 AM
Lok

On paper it favours the big teams. In reality it favours the smarter coaches. Artera completely £#%&!ed it up yesterday. It was beautiful to watch.

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:28 AM
Seamus

Its like American football.......bringing on the deeeefense

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Dasilvatwins

The commentators said he had moved martinelli to lb

I think part of his changes was the deludedness and sheer arrogance that he wouldn’t need a proper defence against Man Utd . There’s one thing Doing it in the last 10 mins. Another when there’s 20 mins to go.

If only Fred could pass. A 4th goal would have really hurt them. At 3-1 they thought they dominated because they had more possession. Two shots on target

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:49 AM
Vedder

It’s ridiculous and £#%&!s over the smaller teams.

Unread 05-09-2022, 01:52 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I agree to a large extent, but haven't City mainly had a bench full of kids so far?
they are a bit leaner this season tbh for them.

Unread 05-09-2022, 02:14 PM
Sapien

Phew. Thought armers was hiking prices.

Unread 05-09-2022, 02:41 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

The idea that you can finish a game with half of your outfield team completely different to the one that started is ridiculous.
Same as. 5 subs, var, we are not playing the same game anymore.

Unread 05-09-2022, 03:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Yeah, this. It had it used during Covid, but there was really no need to return to it. 3 mins as always just right: enough that you can influence the game, but not so much that you can, as you say, change half your team if things aren’t going well.

Unread 05-09-2022, 03:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yeah, this. It had it used during Covid, but there was really no need to return to it. 3 mins as always just right: enough that you can influence the game, but not so much that you can, as you say, change half your team if things aren’t going well.
I’d it just for this season due to the WC or a permanent thing?

Everywhere else in Europe has had 5 from 9+ since Covid haven’t they?
Closed Thread