United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
_
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:13 PM
borsuk

Default war crime alert!

not often you get a government stating its plans to commit crimes against civilians in such a blase fashion, without a murmur of protest from the rest of the world.

remember, collective punishment is illegal. so are actions targeting civilians. this is a clearly illegal act which will result in the deaths of many civilians, including disproportionately high numbers of children, the elderly, pregnant women - in fact, it could not be better designed to single out for punishment the weakest and most helpless in palestinian society. absolutely disgusting.

i'm sure our governments will protest loud and strong about this.

Quote:
Israel set to sever power to Gaza
In August power was cut in many parts of Gaza after a lack of fuel deliveries from Israel [AFP]

Ehud Barak, the Israeli defence minister, is expected to approve this week a gradual severance of the supply of electricity and fuel to the Gaza Strip, military officials have said.

The plan, formulated by a team lead by Matan Vilnai, the deputy defence minister, is expected to be approved by Barak on Thursday.

Speaking to Army Radio on Wednesday, Vilnai said: "It's clear that we have to cut off ... the supply of electricity and the supply of fuel.

"We will dramatically reduce the flow of electricity from Israel over several weeks."

Staggered reduction

Israel currently supplies about 60 per cent of Gaza's electricity needs, but it was not immediately clear when the decision would take effect.

The military officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said electricity would initially be cut for 15 minutes, then by half an hour, and then by an increase in time each day as long as rocket attacks against Israel continued.

Vilnai said the proposal calls for Israel not to cut off the power supply to hospitals and other vital installations in an effort to avoid a humanitarian crisis.

Rocket attacks on southern Israel have killed 12 people in the past six years.

In September, the cabinet of Ehud Olmert, Israel's prime minister, declared the Gaza strip, where 1.4 million Palestinians live, as a "hostile entity", clearing legal hurdles for a possible cut off of electricity.

Missile awareness

Meanwhile, Israel is to launch a public awareness campaign in the coming days focused on telling people what to do in the event of missile attacks, the Israeli army said on Wednesday.

Olmert was accused of handling the war
against Hezbollah badly [AFP]
Citing "lessons learned" from the 2006 Lebanon war, in which Hezbollah fired more than 4,000 rockets at northern Israel, the army said it was now focused on preparing people in advance of actual conflicts.

An army spokesman said: "The home front command has established a new method of raising awareness based on an information campaign to prepare the population to face emergency situations."

Israel's Yediot Aharonot newspaper said that the army would soon begin distributing recommendations to municipalities, including advice related to non-conventional attacks.

"We have no concrete information about an imminent chemical attack, but it is worth taking advantage of a period of calm to prepare for it," the paper quoted an army circular as saying.

The paper said recommendations included stocking up on canned food, water, radios, batteries and plastic sheets and tape to cover windows and doors in case of an attack involving chemical weapons.

Israeli inquiries into the country's conduct during the 2006 Lebanon war heavily criticised the country's defence establishment for failing to protect civilians.

During the 34-day conflict, rocket attacks forced a million residents to flee southwards, paralysing the north and catching the country's public shelters system unawares.

In Israel, both the government and army are responsible for providing services to civilians in time of war, from the maintenance of public shelters to rescue, medical and basic administrative services.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...EB483C96C9.htm

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I wish the Iranians would hurry up.

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:17 PM
redhegemony

That explains the US announcement on Iran today then.

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:19 PM
f_h

Knew it would be about Israel you pathetic f***ing tw*t, why not start a thread on the trouble in el salvador, burma or korea? Because those pesky jews arent involved are they. Poland is well known for its disgusting anti semitism, f***er

WE HAVE OUR NATION BACK

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:20 PM
f_h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I wish the Iranians would hurry up.
I wish you would say that to me in person, iran will get f***ing obliterated

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:22 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_h
Knew it would be about Israel you pathetic f***ing tw*t, why not start a thread on the trouble in el salvador, burma or korea? Because those pesky jews arent involved are they.

WE HAVE OUR NATION BACK
tad different the West gets all hot and bothered about the other 3, for the jolly old Israelis it is happy to invade iraq and close its eyes to whatever israel does to the Palestinians.

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_h
I wish you would say that to me in person
Why, what would you do?

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:25 PM
f_h

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
tad different the West gets all hot and bothered about the other 3, for the jolly old Israelis it is happy to invade iraq and close its eyes to whatever israel does to the Palestinians.
That is because Israelis have a far greater cause behind them. Hamas deserve to be destroyed. However thats my personal opinion and you have to realise that.
The islamic world has no true reason to hate israel, yet they have always disliked my people through ill education and a poor way of life. Israel is a multi cultural democracy, the israelites deserve human rights regardless of wether a pole agrees or not, israel needs to be here.

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:25 PM
f_h

Quote:
Why, what would you do?
Cause unbeleivable damage.

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_h
That is because Israelis have a far greater cause behind them. Hamas deserve to be destroyed. However thats my personal opinion and you have to realise that.
The islamic world has no true reason to hate israel, yet they have always disliked my people through ill education and a poor way of life. Israel is a multi cultural democracy, the israelites deserve human rights regardless of wether a pole agrees or not, israel needs to be here.
Here? Aren't you in London?

Israelis are in occupied Palestine. It's only Israel by force. And 'your' people (have you ever been to Israel) deserve as much human rights as the Palestinians.

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_h
Cause unbeleivable damage.
No you wouldn't. You're a coward and a wimp.

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:29 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_h
Oh i see silly old me Human Rights should not universal but depend on where you live. So isrealis have then Palestinians don't Iranians/iraquis or is it any old muslim don't?

Who else is on your list to be destroyed aside from Fuzzy? be careful Billy Connolly might sue you.

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:33 PM
f_h

Quote:
Here? Aren't you in London?

Israelis are in occupied Palestine. It's only Israel by force. And 'your' people (have you ever been to Israel) deserve as much human rights as the Palestinians.
Here refering to the world.

'palestine' was occupied israel, the land has now been returned to its rightful owners.
Everyone deserves the same human rights, however israelites do not get those rights in different nations, such as algeria, egypt, iran etc

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:36 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_h
I wish you would say that to me in person, iran will get f***ing obliterated
I'll say it to you in person the next time I try and sell you drugs if you want.

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:40 PM
ralph

palestine? who was the prime minister, president of Palestine before the jews annexed the land, can an expert enlighten me?

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:50 PM
TravellingRed

I think its a disgrace, how many UN laws can Israel break before any action is taken? By all means they have the right to fight terrorists who kill innocent civilians but punishing the general populace is just plain wrong. We were fighting the IRA for years but i dont remember the British army bulldozing houses in Northern Ireland, the RAF bombing civilian areas or the government cutting power supplies.

Cue threat by resident internet hardman f_h

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Enjoying Insanity

I don't know why everyone is turning on f_h, he is entitled to his own beliefs no matter how wrong they may be

It's easy to be critical from this distance, imagine the trouble we'd have if we discussed the NI/Eire partition with such a partisan stance.......

And my opinion, I think Israel are wrong, but it's a completely irreconsilable situation where there are no winners.

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:56 PM
ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
I don't know why everyone is turning on f_h, he is entitled to his own beliefs no matter how wrong they may be

It's easy to be critical from this distance, imagine the trouble we'd have if we discussed the NI/Eire partition with such a partisan stance.......

And my opinion, I think Israel are wrong, but it's a completely irreconsilable situation where there are no winners.

excellent post

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Toilet sniffer V

Israel works on the premise that you are a terrorist until proven otherwise. The US has similar views on the rest of the world, we'll do what we want when we want, f*** you. My dad told me when I was a kid that the next world war will be caused by Israel, I didn't understand at the time but now I see what he means. I hope that they all die so the rest of the world can have some peace. Israeli's refuse to consider the bigger picture as they genuinely believe the others don't matter as much as them. Kill them all.

FH, you're a p**** of the highest order. I'd love you to get all tough on me, f*** face.

Unread 25-10-2007, 04:57 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity

We can be quite consistent the Uk has/had no more right to partition Ireland that israel does to do the same to Palestine.
Closed Thread