United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Site Feedback > Site Info, Suggestions & Feedback

Unread 24-09-2022, 03:37 PM
ragnorak

Default Can't see twitter links

As title, when someone posts a link to a tweet I see naff all. Can see them if I push reply or someone else quotes it.

I know it is probably a setting I need to change but cannot figure it out so any help would be received with gratitude

Unread 24-09-2022, 03:56 PM
armchair

I changed from chrome to edge because I couldn't figure this out. It's nothing to do with this site. It's probably a permissions/privacy thing with twitter.

Unread 24-09-2022, 04:22 PM
red red robbo

Works OK for me on Chrome both on mobile and PC, unless this is a VERY recent issue.

Unread 24-09-2022, 04:37 PM
thatsfuctit

If i post any instagram links from my mobile, they don't seem to post properly either.

Unread 24-09-2022, 09:07 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnorak View Post
As title, when someone posts a link to a tweet I see naff all. Can see them if I push reply or someone else quotes it.

I know it is probably a setting I need to change but cannot figure it out so any help would be received with gratitude
What happens when you view a thread with tweet ion an "inprivate" window?

Do you see them then?

Unread 24-09-2022, 09:09 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I changed from chrome to edge because I couldn't figure this out. It's nothing to do with this site. It's probably a permissions/privacy thing with twitter.
It is a permissions and privacy thing

Happened to me before

Unread 25-09-2022, 02:54 AM
ragnorak

hmm, am on firefox and cannot see anything permission wise but will try chrome again. swapped to firefox cos chrome was fucking about with youtube

cheers chaps will have a play

in answer to armchair it is the same with private window

Unread 25-09-2022, 09:29 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnorak View Post
hmm, am on firefox and cannot see anything permission wise but will try chrome again. swapped to firefox cos chrome was fucking about with youtube

cheers chaps will have a play

in answer to armchair it is the same with private window
I had this issue with Firefox

I think itís to do with tracking across sites

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...irefox-desktop

Unread 23-10-2022, 01:32 PM
Drexl

Anyone figure this out?

I reinstalled edge recently (because I am an idiot), now all twitter links are same as OP

I've toggled most of the settings but no go

Unread 23-10-2022, 01:35 PM
Ethers

Feel like Dunk and Zorg need to brainstorm a solution to this ASAP or their chances at FOTY are up in smoke

Unread 23-10-2022, 01:37 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
Feel like Dunk and Zorg need to brainstorm a solution to this ASAP or their chances at FOTY are up in smoke
Correct. Making a house call isn't asking too much imho

Unread 23-10-2022, 02:04 PM
dunk

Dunno. Doing it on Firefox too. Not tried chrome, fine on iOS.