United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 15-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Loved how all of the missions, regardless of how you tried to go about it, ended in a shoot out. Bloody epic
Mission: Go into the General Store & buy some tobacco.

*37 dead bodies & half a burnt out town later*

Mission successful.

Unread 15-11-2019, 10:07 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post
Mission: Go into the General Store & buy some tobacco.

*37 dead bodies & half a burnt out town later*

Mission successful.
Epically epic

Unread 17-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Anyone played company of heroes 2? Any good?

Is free on steam now.

Unread 17-11-2019, 02:14 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex View Post
Anyone played company of heroes 2? Any good?

Is free on steam now.
Played Company of heroes 1 and the expansions, they were class. Defiantly worth giving a go if its free, I'll get it downloaded later.

Unread 17-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Casanova85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
I bought Nier Automata a few days ago purely and only to leer at the main characters buttocks.

Its supposed to be a very good game but I didn't buy it for that kind of nonsense.
A female warrior needs her pelvis free of the constraints of armor to kick ass properly.

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:30 AM
armchair

just started disco elysium. the less you know going in the better. very enjoyable.

just get it.

Unread 03-12-2019, 02:04 AM
Arnold Muhren

Got Outer Worlds in Black Friday sale. Loving it so far. Very much Fallout in space but a good Fallout in space (Las Vegas). Well worth a punt.

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:11 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don? View Post
RDR2 on PC. Donít have a console so first time.
Heard the optimisation is really poor, so I'm going to hold off on it. Definitely on my radar though

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
just started disco elysium. the less you know going in the better. very enjoyable.

just get it.
Seconded, though not sure about the replayability so maybe wait for a sale

Speaking of sales, bought the Bioshock trilogy on the Steam sale. Gonna get those played soon

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:17 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi View Post
Heard the optimisation is really poor, so I'm going to hold off on it. Definitely on my radar though

Seconded, though not sure about the replayability so maybe wait for a sale

Speaking of sales, bought the Bioshock trilogy on the Steam sale. Gonna get those played soon
Iím running it on a 1070 and a 4790k which Iím clinging onto for reasons too long and boring to go into here.

It runs at 60fps 1080p on a mix of settings averaging high and looks amazing. Itís the first game Iíve had that has forced me to drop down from 1440p.

I can get 30fps at 4K but I prefer smoother gameplay.

Based on what I know of the Xbox hardware and the settings it runs I donít think itís poorly optimised at all. Most of the Ultra settings are for future hardware really.

It performs a lot better on the 20 series cards so NVidia might find some more performance for me if they optimise their drivers again for 10 series (doubtful though).

What spec PC have you got?

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren View Post
Got Outer Worlds in Black Friday sale. Loving it so far. Very much Fallout in space but a good Fallout in space (Las Vegas). Well worth a punt.
I went from buzzing about it to swiftly getting exhausted to the dialogue, to seeing how stupid the action is, to absolutely hating it.