United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology

Unread 30-11-2019, 02:46 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
That's not his choice, that's mine... he has other toys for playing.

I was concerned initially by the MS office compatibility issue. I'm not office fan, but the school use it and having tried once or twice submitting his homework in libraoffice (via my laptop), it's obvious that the school want to standardise on ms office. If they're providing the licenses then I can't argue with that.

Looks like I'd have to pay for a mid range and not a cheap one though, judging by other fredster's experiences... or opt for a low price range windows machine...

Thanks to all.
Dont buy a cheap windows laptop. It will have shit specs and run like a dog. You get what you pay for is nothing truer than when buying laptops.

Unread 30-11-2019, 02:54 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
Dont buy a cheap windows laptop. It will have shit specs and run like a dog. You get what you pay for is nothing truer than when buying laptops.
Just been up to the local CoolBlue. For the price range I was looking at, 450->500 euro, they have both Chrome Books and Windows Laptops from the same manufacturers (They're all made in Asia anyway). The Windows machines look good value to be honest... will buy summat net week.