United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Why, the season before he joined us Bayern had agreed to sell him to us, which is the reason we pulled out of the Senna transfer. But because Ruud didn't want to go there they acted like slapped arses and went back on what they had agreed, by that time Hargreaves had alreay set his heart on playing for us and Fergie waited a season to finish the deal. Hardly lacking respect is it ffs.
We were constantly talking in the papers about a player that wasn't ours i.e doing pretty much the same thing that people having been moaning about Real doing.

Regards this seasons transfers, Ronaldo's hasn't even gone through yet. We would look pretty £#%&!ing stupid if we splashed all this cash we haven't yet got on new players, and then Ronnie's deal fell through at the last minute.

Unread 17-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
We were constantly talking in the papers about a player that wasn't ours i.e doing pretty much the same thing that people having been moaning about Real doing.

Regards this seasons transfers, Ronaldo's hasn't even gone through yet. We would look pretty £#%&!ing stupid if we splashed all this cash we haven't yet got on new players, and then Ronnie's deal fell through at the last minute.
Correct.

Unread 17-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Part 36 Offer

what sandman says is factually correct tbh

united are no angels though

Unread 17-06-2009, 04:12 PM
koppas

The Ronaldo will not fall through.

If the deal falls through, I will change my name to Galatasaray by deed poll.

Unread 17-06-2009, 04:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
1451 BST: Bayern Munich strongly deny they are considering selling Franck Ribery following comments by president Franz Beckenbauer in Germany's Sport Bild magazine (see 1252). In an official statement the club said: "The FC Bayern Munich AG board of directors have made the overwhelming resolution that the player Franck Ribery is not for sale."
That is fairly unequivocal. For now.

Quote:
1433 BST: Arjen Robben's father, Hans, has given his thoughts on his son joining Tottenham. "Absolute nonsense" he told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. "We don't talk with Tottenham. At the moment we don't talk with any club. Of course, things can change overnight, but one thing is sure: Arjen will certainly not join Tottenham."
I'm guessing City is out of the question then

Unread 17-06-2009, 04:16 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
The Ronaldo will not fall through.

If the deal falls through, I will change my name to Galatasaray by deed poll.
£#%&!ing hell.

if you only you were more shrewd with your actual football bets,

flea.

Unread 17-06-2009, 04:18 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
£#%&!ing hell.

if you only you were more shrewd with your actual football bets,

flea.
What the £#%&! does "flea" mean?

Is it new "'hood" language?

Unread 17-06-2009, 04:22 PM
borsuk

Quote:
not quite. bayern agreed a deal, then went back on it, messing both us and the player around. real were trying to force us to agree to a deal which we were not interested in. not the same thing at all.

Unread 17-06-2009, 04:25 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
What the £#%&! does "flea" mean?

Is it new "'hood" language?

Unread 17-06-2009, 04:38 PM
koppas

Tune.

Unread 17-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not quite. bayern agreed a deal, then went back on it, messing both us and the player around. real were trying to force us to agree to a deal which we were not interested in. not the same thing at all.
Doesn't matter.

We were talking about someone else's player in the media. So were they. That is a fact, and the only point I was making.

Unread 17-06-2009, 05:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Didn't Fergie refer to Bayern as "those silly Germans" at the time?

Hard to see that as respectful, tbf

Unread 17-06-2009, 05:16 PM
magic_cantona

Ribery sounds like Library in Chinese.

Unread 17-06-2009, 05:17 PM
armchair

I remember when people were mouthing off that Fergie was an idiot paying 12m for Ronaldo. Yet apparently it's our NEW transfer policy to buy young good players now.

Unread 17-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Ether

Quote from Fergie in 2006 - ""We are trying hard but Bayern are proving very stubborn and resistant, which I can understand. We can only do our best."

Statement from Bayern the same week - "Bayern has not held negotiations with Manchester United. Furthermore, the club does not intend entering transfer negotiations regarding Owen Hargreaves. Bayern Munich has officially requested Manchester United to cease pursuing its interest in Owen Hargreaves."

Completely different though apparently.

Unread 17-06-2009, 05:18 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I remember when people were mouthing off that Fergie was an idiot paying 12m for Ronaldo. Yet apparently it's our NEW transfer policy to buy young good players now.
Not me.

Unread 17-06-2009, 05:18 PM
koppas

Quote:
Quote from Fergie in 2006 - ""We are trying hard but Bayern are proving very stubborn and resistant, which I can understand. We can only do our best."

Statement from Bayern the same week - "Bayern has not held negotiations with Manchester United. Furthermore, the club does not intend entering transfer negotiations regarding Owen Hargreaves. Bayern Munich has officially requested Manchester United to cease pursuing its interest in Owen Hargreaves."

Completely different though apparently.
So they should. Fair £#%&!s to Bayern. He was their player.
Closed Thread