United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Hugh Jardon

all this jibber jabber is really irritating

why didnt we have the balls to get in there before Bayern bought him?

How much did they pay for him?

And now all of a sudden he is worth £60m+????

What the £#%&! are our scouts doing???

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:28 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
According to who?

You don't half spout some %@#$&!s.
According to koppas and dunk, if a player or his agent says something then that is fact and it's the truth.

So if nobody else agrees a deal with Ribery, but United do, he'll refuse us straight away

If Bayern accept bids off United, Madrid etc, Ribery still might come to United, once he's spoke to Fergie etc.

Things change, players/agents say things to suit something at that time, at that time they may have wanted to generate interest in Spain, doesn't mean he is desperate to go to Spain and definitely doesn't wanna come to United.

I read some where a few months ago he wants to join United.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Smeggs

personally i think we shouldn't be going for galacticos. Valencia is a prime example of the kind of player we should be looking at, fee a bit high but lets' see if he can cut it at the yop level. With the size of the club as it is and the network we have we should have our eyes on all sorts of talent. Ronaldo being the ultimate classic example, buy the potential, develop it, use to the club's advantage and if the time comes sell at a massive profit. If Tevez does leave as i expect, get a young hungry striker in for no more than 10-15m, somebody wanting the grasp the chance and then use as backup to main front two with welbeck and macheda behind him.

Ribery for 30/40m - would be a very foolish signing imho.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:35 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
According to koppas and dunk, if a player or his agent says something then that is fact and it's the truth.

So if nobody else agrees a deal with Ribery, but United do, he'll refuse us straight away

If Bayern accept bids off United, Madrid etc, Ribery still might come to United, once he's spoke to Fergie etc.

Things change, players/agents say things to suit something at that time, at that time they may have wanted to generate interest in Spain, doesn't mean he is desperate to go to Spain and definitely doesn't wanna come to United.

I read some where a few months ago he wants to join United.
Where did I say that?

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:37 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Where did I say that?

Quote:
he'll refuse us straight away

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:39 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Wum.

All I said was, if those four clubs did put in offers, we would probably be his third choice. Most would agree.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:44 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Where did I say that?
Well you didn't, dunk says stuff like that though and you was saying something similiar.

Why would we be 3rd choice? What's to say if he spoke to Fergie and Fergie was saying come to United, we'll give you the number 7 shirt and you'll be our main star he'd wanna come?

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:45 AM
koppas

Quote:
Well you didn't, dunk says stuff like that though and you was saying something similiar.

Why would we be 3rd choice? What's to say if he spoke to Fergie and Fergie was saying come to United, we'll give you the number 7 shirt and you'll be our main star he'd wanna come?
Dunk is a miserable, pessimistic bastard.

I just say fact.

He wouldn't be our main man - that will be Wazza.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:47 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Dunk is a miserable, pessimistic bastard.

I just say fact.

He wouldn't be our main man - that will be Wazza.
If Rooney is played central he would. But United would still Ribery he'd be our main man.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Ether

Has Koppas been drinking? Seems very lairy this morning.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:50 AM
koppas

Quote:
If Rooney is played central he would. But United would still Ribery he'd be our main man.
Ok, he would pick Barcelona over us. I think that is easy to see. European Champions, play the best football in Europe, great city, decent climate, play with Messi, Henry etc - number one destination.

At Madrid, he will get stupid wages. More than he would earn here. Would be part of a midfield of Kaka, Ronaldo and who ever else they get. Will be part of the new Galactico's - can't see him turning it down. The climate too. Big factor.

He would then rather come to us than Chelsea.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Ok, he would pick Barcelona over us. I think that is easy to see. European Champions, play the best football in Europe, great city, decent climate, play with Messi, Henry etc - number one destination.

At Madrid, he will get stupid wages. More than he would earn here. Would be part of a midfield of Kaka, Ronaldo and who ever else they get. Will be part of the new Galactico's - can't see him turning it down. The climate too. Big factor.

I disagree.

Depends what the clubs say to him about their plans.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:52 AM
borsuk

Quote:

it's all so simple when you're a bit simple

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:54 AM
koppas

Quote:
I disgaree.

Depends what the clubs say to him about their plans.
"Come and play for us Frank. You can play on one wing and, you see that peanut head over there, he will be the other one. You will be asked to supply balls to that lazy @#%&!. If he moves that is. Fancy that?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's all so simple when you're a bit simple
Yes. Yes it is.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:56 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
"Come and play for us Frank. You can play on one wing and, you see that peanut head over there, he will be the other one. You will be asked to supply balls to that lazy @#%&!. If he moves that is. Fancy that?"

Yes. Yes it is.

Or you can supply balls to the average @#%&! who runs around one paced chasing the ball and has a shit first touch

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:59 AM
koppas

Quote:

Or you can supply balls to the average @#%&! who runs around one paced chasing the ball and has a shit first touch
Benzema? Bit harsh that.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
personally i think we shouldn't be going for galacticos. Valencia is a prime example of the kind of player we should be looking at, fee a bit high but lets' see if he can cut it at the yop level. With the size of the club as it is and the network we have we should have our eyes on all sorts of talent. Ronaldo being the ultimate classic example, buy the potential, develop it, use to the club's advantage and if the time comes sell at a massive profit. If Tevez does leave as i expect, get a young hungry striker in for no more than 10-15m, somebody wanting the grasp the chance and then use as backup to main front two with welbeck and macheda behind him.

Ribery for 30/40m - would be a very foolish signing imho.
So be, in effect, a feeder club?

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:11 PM
LH_88

Default Puressence > Fergie

Pure called this years ago. Remember his Location - 'with frank ribery'

How many millions would we have saved if we'd have listened to Rochdale's finest?

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
You have to say that Real Madrid (and Chelsea & cITEH to an extent) have £#%&!ed up the whole transfer system now.

It's become a joke. When Inter issue a statement saying they want €90m for Ibrahimavic, you know the world has gone £#%&!ing mad.
I was saying that to a mate at work today. They've totally £#%&!ed everything up. It's getting to the point now where even 'just decent' players will cost in excess of £30m.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:16 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I was saying that to a mate at work today. They've totally £#%&!ed everything up. It's getting to the point now where even 'just decent' players will cost in excess of £30m.
To be fair, we were paying £30m for one of them a year ago.
Closed Thread