United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Smeggs

Default Keano

Liked his post match interview tonight and what i have seen this season. bascially interviewer wanted him to be disappointed with a draw at home and roy was having none of it.

good young hungry manager in his first season is all.....

BUT he ticks some initial boxes i'd like to see in a future united manager.

1. He's not english (2 reasons really, just pure bias doesn't want us to have a foreign coach and secondly the obvious united>england ongoing conflict)

2. loves the club and understands what MUFC means

3. learnt from 2 of the greats his entire career

4. old fashioned aggressive style.

We'll be watching your progress roy....

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Argentina

[SIZE="6"]Keeeeeeeeeeano, There's only one Keano, there's only one Keano

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Grimson

Cue loads of "He doesn't love the club" posts...

As if any of us knows how he feels. Personally, my guess is he loves the club.

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:36 PM
rebelcountyred

He has done a remarkable job at sunderland, they were absolute shite when he took them over, has made some astute signings including our jonny evans and simpson on loan. Great if he gets them up to the premiership because it would be much easier to judge him in the premiership, interesting head to heads with fergie then.

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:38 PM
toseeunited

lets not get giddy about him becoming united manager yet...

one day yes!

hughesy gets my vote!!

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:40 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

My guess is he cares for the club, but not 'love'. The relationship players have with a club is very different from the relationship fans fan.

Anyway. He looked hard as £#%&! in the tunnel before their game tonight, proper moody. I'd have him in charge on that alone.

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:41 PM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
lets not get giddy about him becoming united manager yet...

one day yes!

hughesy gets my vote!!
I know for a fact that Keano wants to be number one at United.

Dont fancy Hughes myself though.

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
My guess is he cares for the club, but not 'love'. The relationship players have with a club is very different from the relationship fans fan.
I agree with you, actually. By 'love' I mean as much as any player can. As you say, it's different when they are your employer. Even top players feel slighted by their club from time to time.

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:45 PM
redfusilier

the next manager will not be a quick fix, it would have to be permanent. Therefore a lot depends on Fergie and when he goes.
For example if it was soon then Hughes would be favoured, but who knows.
Hopefully fergie will stay put for a long time yet

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:47 PM
wonky no

2 people come before Keane in my opinion.

Coppell and Hughes

United>England

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Father Christmas

Thumbs down

Quote:

Not convinced. He threw a hissy fit when he wasn't offered a lucrative enough new contract and engineered his own sacking from the club. Then managed to get paid his full United salary while taking Celtic's money too.

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
2 people come before Keane in my opinion.

Coppell and Hughes

United>England
Coppell? really - just can't see it.

Hughes was my boyhood hero and he's done a good job at blackburn and also with Wales. SAF will be around for another 2 seasons at least after this one so i think that will give the main contenders more time to show what they can do.

not sure what you mean about the last bit, all i am saying is that with so much english talent in the squad i don't want a manager who even considers the english national team as even mildly important.

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Not convinced. He threw a hissy fit when he wasn't offered a lucrative enough new contract and engineered his own sacking from the club. Then managed to get paid his full United salary while taking Celtic's money too.
"Taking" United and Celtic's money? Isn't it called being paid the terms of a contract?

Unread 13-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
"Taking" United and Celtic's money? Isn't it called being paid the terms of a contract?
Indeed. Something Roy was always very good at. He never loved United - it was just a job.

Unread 14-03-2007, 12:00 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
Coppell? really - just can't see it.

Hughes was my boyhood hero and he's done a good job at blackburn and also with Wales. SAF will be around for another 2 seasons at least after this one so i think that will give the main contenders more time to show what they can do.

not sure what you mean about the last bit, all i am saying is that with so much english talent in the squad i don't want a manager who even considers the english national team as even mildly important.
What about the Irish players? Anyway, Coppell has been a very good manager all his career and he plays the game in the style he played in. He would do a great job here, provided they guarentee him some time.

Unread 14-03-2007, 12:00 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Indeed.

I hope Keane can prove himself in the next couple of seasons and eventually become United manager. The man is an absolute hero of mine.

Unread 14-03-2007, 02:43 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Indeed. Something Roy was always very good at. He never loved United - it was just a job.
Along with every other professional footballer then. It IS just a job. Some players say the right things though, and Roy never did. All he did was play absolutely fearless football, whereas a lot of players who claim to love their club cheat those same clubs in subtle ways on the pitch.

Unread 14-03-2007, 02:49 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Hughes HAS to be next United manager. No question about that.

Unread 14-03-2007, 06:27 AM
borsuk

Default quite so

Quote:
that was evident from his apathy and couldn't care less attitude on the pitch, and the way he toed the line and tried not to cause problems when things were plainly wrong with the squad, the board and the fans. never doing more than he needed to, always taking the easy route - that's our keano.

Unread 14-03-2007, 08:04 AM
tatty

If Keane can get Sunderland into the Premiership and keep them progressing in to a top 10 side then he'll have more than proved his credentials for me.

The problem will be that Fergie will leave too soon for Keane. However, if he's done the business then he'll be the next man after imo.
Closed Thread