United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-02-2009, 10:07 PM
jem

Default someone will slaughter us soon

we're not battle-hardened as teams keep missing chances and throwing us goals. fulham being a case in point. bobby zee could have had two with his eyes shut and schwarzer played like carrolli.

zamora won balls in the air. derby had free headers at the back post all day. this 14-game streak is misleading, irrelevant and distracting all at the same time.

we're not playing well and it will be interesting to see if we can raise our game (watch the world club final again and enjoy). vi will be pleased to know ibrahimovic could get a hattrick. I think blackburn will score tomorrow. I can't imagine they'll beat us with the shit team they'll put out, but the warning signs are there for us.

and we need to beat inter well so we can take the day off before entertaining our "only serious rivals". *ahem*

doom. doom, I say.

and when the times are asking if we are better than arsenal's invincibles, when it's £#%&!ing february, you know the sky will fall on our heads. even if the answer is "yes, clearly, the spineless diving @#%&!s".

Unread 20-02-2009, 10:09 PM
red @rmy

No football threads on Friday night.

jcl @#%&!.

Unread 20-02-2009, 10:09 PM
wiganste

Log out Jem. Go and crunch some numbers

Unread 20-02-2009, 10:19 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we're not battle-hardened as teams keep missing chances and throwing us goals. fulham being a case in point. bobby zee could have had two with his eyes shut and schwarzer played like carrolli.

zamora won balls in the air. derby had free headers at the back post all day. this 14-game streak is misleading, irrelevant and distracting all at the same time.

we're not playing well and it will be interesting to see if we can raise our game (watch the world club final again and enjoy). vi will be pleased to know ibrahimovic could get a hattrick. I think blackburn will score tomorrow. I can't imagine they'll beat us with the shit team they'll put out, but the warning signs are there for us.

and we need to beat inter well so we can take the day off before entertaining our "only serious rivals". *ahem*

doom. doom, I say.

and when the times are asking if we are better than arsenal's invincibles, when it's £#%&!ing february, you know the sky will fall on our heads. even if the answer is "yes, clearly, the spineless diving @#%&!s".

The papers have went into a City-esque level of giddyness of late regarding this unbeaten, non-conceding run and the paranoid voices in my head are telling me they are setting us up for the biggest fall of our lives, Edwin setting new records, possible quadruple (is that even a word?), Vidic or Giggs or Carrick for player of the year, the Grauniads blog 'Is this the best United team ever' etc. and finally finding out today the @#%&!s at Paddy Power are paying out on the domestic treble we could end up with some serious egg on our faces.

Unread 20-02-2009, 10:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Log out Jem. Go and crunch some numbers
I no longer use that euphemism.

but you're right... I've still got it.

if it is any consolation, I think we will beat liverpool 4 or 5-0. you might want to consider betting something she wouldn't normally do on it.

Unread 20-02-2009, 10:22 PM
jem

Default that paying the treble thing

is just weird. even as publicity.

Unread 20-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Camel

:shakehead:

Unread 20-02-2009, 10:55 PM
taff

Unread 20-02-2009, 11:26 PM
n48

Newcastle mate. Quote me on that. I'm down the bookies tomozza. Certain of it.

Unread 20-02-2009, 11:37 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Newcastle mate. Quote me on that. I'm down the bookies tomozza. Certain of it.
I was being serious.

Unread 20-02-2009, 11:40 PM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I was being serious.

me too. Seriously more chance of us losing to toon army than beating the skaus by that many.

Unread 21-02-2009, 12:15 AM
redhegemony

4/10 Jem and you're picking up 2 points because it's you. The city carnage has led you to losing your rapier and you've resorted to broadsword. jem of old would have mused:

'Great unbeaten run so far but can we really close out teams with the nevster and pieman at full back, at best. We need a rethink; Giggs to left wingback and a recall for Becks, come on Fergie bury the hatchet. Oh and cats are nice.'

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:07 AM
£#%&! KFC

1/10......not exactly ABAF-esque is it

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:08 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
1/10......not exactly ABAF-esque is it
come on he's rusty, ABAF is in clink.

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:13 AM
jem

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:18 AM
forzagarza

I believe Al Queda are planning another attack on Old Trafford/ The Trafford Centre so be wary of asians carrying bags.

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:31 AM
jem

Default ok

so when inter beat us, I won't bring it back to the top.

does anyone seriously think we are playing well at the moment? fulham rolled over for us.

we haven't been tested recently. it's impossible to tell if we can up the quality instantly.

presumably, you think it's a joke that every one of ronaldo's free kicks recently has gone straight into the wall or ballooned into the crowd? he is not on form. coming into march and april, he will need to be. inter away would be a nice place to start.

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:35 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

does anyone seriously think we are playing well at the moment? fulham rolled over for us.

we haven't been tested recently. it's impossible to tell if we can up the quality instantly.

presumably, you think it's a joke that every one of ronaldo's free kicks recently has gone straight into the wall or ballooned into the crowd? he is not on form. coming into march and april, he will need to be. inter away would be a nice place to start.
There's been too much gaylordery about recently. I for one commend you.

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:37 AM
magic_cantona

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:39 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

i might be wrong but it's 9 wins out of 9 in the league and 14 clean sheets...can't wait to we start playing well

www.fredtissue.com awaits
Closed Thread