United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-12-2023, 08:21 AM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I just can’t agree with that. Forget injuries, it’s just rubbish.

We’re top 6 but it’s a false position. We have been rubbish. I just don’t understand what he’s trying to do.
Do we need a clear style of play or footballing philosophy. This seems to be the frustration of most neutral pundits.

Unread 13-12-2023, 08:29 AM
Bunker Buster

Luke Shaw was our 26th injured player last night.....

We are hanging on for dear life....

Unread 13-12-2023, 08:37 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Luke Shaw was our 26th injured player last night.....

We are hanging on for dear life....
Why do you think they're all getting injured? Do you think it's just bad luck?

Unread 13-12-2023, 08:45 AM
Patty_b

I can't see any long term gain in sacking him, especially right before it looks as though there's going to be some sweeping changes in the structure above him.

We've been the demented magic roundabout of managers over the past decade, tried and proven managers made to look like utter £#%&!wits over and over again.

It's entirely possible that ETH is a king of bald frauds, but with the club being a basket case both above and below him it's impossible to really tell whether he is or not, and spending millions sacking him to replace him with another sorry sacrifice without addressing the other issues at the club first is completely pointless.

Unread 13-12-2023, 08:45 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Why do you think they're all getting injured? Do you think it's just bad luck?
Many reasons.....

A winter world cup
Dragged around Scotland, scandanavia and America
Rushed back to cover / improve

Or you can just lay it all on the manager if that's your vibe ..

Unread 13-12-2023, 08:49 AM
magic_cantona

The injuries and lethargy are baffling - unless you start believing the stories of the training being well over done. It seems bizarre the sheer scale of the injuries and its never ending. How do we look so exhausted in every game? Something is clearly wrong.

Unread 13-12-2023, 08:51 AM
Lok

Quote:
Many reasons.....

A winter world cup

It's pretty well publicised that training was too intense over the summer. And we've been playing catch up ever since.

Unread 13-12-2023, 08:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's pretty well publicised that training was too intense over the summer. And we've been playing catch up ever since.
Too intense

Okay ....

Unread 13-12-2023, 08:54 AM
Lok

Quote:
Too intense

Okay ....
Yeah, you're right. It's just bad luck.

Unread 13-12-2023, 08:58 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Yeah, you're right. It's just bad luck.
I didn't mention luck, gave three pretty plausible reasons....

But crack on, I just can't be arsed anymore .

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:02 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
I didn't mention luck, gave three pretty plausible reasons....

But crack on, I just can't be arsed anymore .
Welcome to the club. It feels like the most pointless argument ever right now.

“It’s the managers fault!”
Ok who would you bring in?
“I dunno!”

A decade of this cycle repeating and some people want to keep it going.

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:07 AM
MUFC One Love

The club is a mess but the manager can’t be blameless. His decisions are weird.

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:12 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Many reasons.....

A winter world cup

Other clubs had to contend with the winter World Cup and presumably also did summer tours.

I don't disagree with you... but it seems to be affecting us more than anyone else (?)

I suppose Newcastle and Spurs have also been hit by a lot of injuries, although tbf they don't like to mention it.

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:16 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The club is a mess but the manager can’t be blameless. His decisions are weird.
I don’t think anyone is saying he’s blameless though. I think it’s the opposite that’s true - there’s a few people who seem to place all of the blame on the manager.

Club’s in turmoil as a whole right now; Glazer’s aren’t bringing anyone new in until the ownership/share issue is sorted, and no manager would want to come until that’s all dealt with anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Other clubs had to contend with the winter World Cup and presumably also did summer tours.

I don't disagree with you... but it seems to be affecting us more than anyone else (?)

I suppose Newcastle and Spurs have also been hit by a lot of injuries, although tbf they don't like to mention it.
Convinced our club doctor is Jigsaw.

Knives are out for the big man

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Welcome to the club. It feels like the most pointless argument ever right now.

“It’s the managers fault!”
Ok who would you bring in?
“I dunno!”

A decade of this cycle repeating and some people want to keep it going.
Exactly it.

People just want the sense of catharsis from sacking someone who isn't working out, but they don't think too much about the next step.

'Explore the market' like marlo says isn't a plan. Neither is taking a wild punt on someone who looks good but has won nothing.

The thing is, EtH was supposed to be the plan. Finally, we all thought, they seem to have done their research and got someone in with a long-term 'project' for the squad, a vision of some sort, who has a decent record of trophies albeit in a poor league.

Only now it's all gone completely and utterly to shit, as shenners says, we're backed into a corner as giving him more money to spend is a terrifying prospect.

We've not recovered from the hammering at Anfield and as painful as it is to admit it, it might well have done for us for the foreseeable future. And they could easily do it again on Sunday.

I've no idea what the solution is tbh

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:22 AM
Coracao

Difficult to see him surviving this spell. And he hasn't done himself any favours. The football is terrible, we look as badly coached as ever, majority of his signings have been woeful and team selections and subs at times utterly bizarre. His team continually crumble in adversity, often conceding multiple goals in quick succession. Not really sure how is going to improve things currently, given how p!so poor players he clearly wanted have performed.

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:34 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Difficult to see him surviving this spell. And he hasn't done himself any favours. The football is terrible, we look as badly coached as ever, majority of his signings have been woeful and team selections and subs at times utterly bizarre. His team continually crumble in adversity, often conceding multiple goals in quick succession. Not really sure how is going to improve things currently, given how p!so poor players he clearly wanted have performed.
This is my problem. I don't want him sacked, it achieves £#%&! all unless we've got the perfect replacement lined up but:

Although very unlucky vs Arsenal and Spurs, we can't beat a "top" team.

The collapses are embarrassing and EtH can't seem to implement a plan that makes us solid when under the cosh. We simply cave in.

Playing Rashford for so long whilst starkly out of form.

Playing Martial despite it being totally obvious to everyone that he's the laziest @#%&! in the clubs history.

No change in formation to stem the flow of goals or to stop teams walking through us. I could go on but you get the list. Some of his decisions are baffling and his inability to react and try something different is engraging.

Last night, our left back gets injured. He's got a left back on the bench. He brings on a right back who doesn't like playing left back. Why?

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:36 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Many reasons.....

A winter world cup

Or a mix of all of the above?

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:49 AM
marlo

Quote:
Many reasons.....

A winter world cup

or maybe you come out of the delusion arena you are in…

his training methods has everything to do with it.
every other top club has the same internationals as us , most teams went on a similar preseason than us so that can’t be an excuse.

some of our players get mysterious injuries in training and are never seen again…. Like malacia….

How came players that literally just start training with his pick up huge injuries like amad, Mount, etc

It’s whatever he is doing. We never had so many concurrent injuries before he joined.

Unread 13-12-2023, 09:52 AM
doudou

I find that Schumpeter's theory of creative destruction can be used to illustrate our current predicament

Under Ferguson the whole point of the club (well the point of the team I guess) was to win matches and trophies.

BUT, since he left the "point" of the club has been to make money with the smallest amount of outlay (whether in terms of money or effort). The players cottoned on to this years ago -- they know that the club can't afford to replace them all so they therefore need to do just enough to secure a new contract because the club knows that it's cheaper to extend the contract of a current player than to sign a new one.

So by all means shout at the players for their dismal performances. I actually think we should start threatening some of them in the street so as to motivate them. But we shouldn't actually be surprised at them for doing the absolute minimum to remain on their undeserved wages.

Any serious football club would get rid of them, but at United they get new contracts. All the players are doing is being rational actors. Why try harder? there's no point.

Every 2 years the Glazers sack the manager, but strangely enough nothing changes.
Closed Thread