Rio
Senegalese Superman
Hargo
Scholes
Anderson
Ronnie
Rooney
Tevez

Now I don't expect Fergie to go along with this but I think he should. Simpson should play at right back 'til 2 weeks is back, he's quick, strong, gets forward well and has the added benefit of actually being a fullback. I like the balance of the midfield selected too, Hargo can break up the play, Scholes play a deep role passing the ball and Anderson can get forward and support the forwards with his class and running power. As to further forward, I don't see any other options than to la our best 3 up there at the moment.

Unread 19-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Whalefish

sigh

VDS
O'Shea
Rio
Wes
Evra
Ronaldo
Fletcher
Scholes
Nani
Giggs
Rooney

I'm going for a 3-1 Villa win. I actually think they'll piss it quite comfortably. Ashley Young and Agbonlahooker will cause us all sorts of problems. Their defence is also pretty decent and from what I've seen Mellberg, Knight and Laursen have been very good this season.

Unread 19-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Barca '91

Agree with you Anth, 100%. However, you and I both know that wont be the side picked. Vanilla are an organised outfit especially at home and whilst to me this means we should play the lads we know can unlock teams and win us matches, I fear to Sir Alex this means play Fletcher.

I reckon it'll be;

VDS

Simpson (hopefully)
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Hargreaves
Scholes
Fletcher
Giggs
Ronaldo

Rooneh

Unread 19-10-2007, 08:53 AM
El Calafate

this is what i think.

VDS O'Rly
Simpson O'Rly
Vidic O'Rly
Rio O'Rly
Evra O'Rly
Hargo O'Rly
Scholes O'Rly
Anderson O'Rly
Ronnie O'Rly
Rooney O'Rly
Tevez O'Rly

nft.

Unread 19-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

VDS
Brown/Simpson (£#%&! off Josh)
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Scholes
Hargo/Fletchmeister
Ronaldo
Giggs
Rooney
Tevez/Saha

I would honestly look forward to seeing Anderson in cm but Villa are a different kettle of fish heads than Wigan.

Unread 19-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Whalefish

BTW do Villa still play 433? If they do our full backs will be very important as will the wide players if Utd decide to go 442. Need to use the width of the pitch.

Unread 19-10-2007, 08:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

I would honestly look forward to seeing Anderson in cm but Villa are a different kettle of fish heads than Wigan.
They are but they are hardly the 1970s Ajax either. Fergie should stop being motivated by fear and go out and be positive.

Unread 19-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
BTW do Villa still play 433? If they do our full backs will be very important as will the wide players if Utd decide to go 442. Need to use the width of the pitch.
No way. It'll be much easier to contain them by forcing everything through the middle and guard against getting beat

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
No way. It'll be much easier to contain them by forcing everything through the middle and guard against getting beat
Well that's how Utd will play and Villa will score 3.

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
They are but they are hardly the 1970s Ajax either. Fergie should stop being motivated by fear and go out and be positive.
I would agree with you to an extent but away from home would you not agree that it is a bit risque playing Scholes and Anderson against a well organised if not splendid Villa side?

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I would agree with you to an extent but away from home would you not agree that it is a bit risque playing Scholes and Anderson against a well organised if not splendid Villa side?
Not really no. If you have Hargo in there breaking up the Villa play, Scholes playing the deeper role Fergie now deploys him in and Anderson getting from box to box? Reminds me quite a lot of the type of midfield Milan play and they are hardly risk takers? I'd also say, even if it is a risk, what's wrong with that, we are Man United, not Chelsea, we play attacking football, that's our history.

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Not really no. If you have Hargo in there breaking up the Villa play, Scholes playing the deeper role Fergie now deploys him in and Anderson getting from box to box? Reminds me quite a lot of the type of midfield Milan play and they are hardly risk takers? I'd also say, even if it is a risk, what's wrong with that, we are Man United, not Chelsea, we play attacking football, that's our history.
Ah but I was talking about a two man midfield. If we're throwing in Hargo then I'm all for it.

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Ah but I was talking about a two man midfield. If we're throwing in Hargo then I'm all for it.
Did you not read my team then, before making an appraisal of it.

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:12 AM
The Return of JC

Bedders, what's frunning? Is that what we paid so much money for?

It's a tough one this because we don't know who's going to be suffering after a tough international week.

I'm assuming VDS and Vidic are back and that Hargreaves, Brown and Saha are still missing.
Tevez may get a rest, but so could anyone who Fergie considers needing a rest.

I'd pick:

VDS

Simpson
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Fletcher
Scholes
Anderson

Ronnie
Tevez
Rooney

However, I suspect we'll see:

VDS

O'Shea
Brown
Vidic
Evra

Scholes
Fletcher
Giggs

Nani
Ronaldo
Rooney

Hope I'm wrong because I'd like to see Anderson and Simpson given another chance after impressing against Wigan.

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Bunker Buster

£#%&!gy

Brown-- Rio-- Vidic-- Evra--

Hargo

Ronaldo-- Scholes-- Nani

Tevez

Hargo if he is fit if not back to 442

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:15 AM
El Calafate

scholes and giggs will defo play. nft.

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Did you not read my team then, before making an appraisal of it.
No I wasn't refering to your team. I was and still do expect a two man midfield.

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

JC, why would Fergie rest Rio? He only played half the game against Estonia? That'd make no sense to me and I see no chance of it happening.

BB, Scholes no longer plays that more forward role for United.

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

BB, Scholes no longer plays that more forward role for United.
He is officially wrote off then in your book as an attacking midfielder.

switch him and hargo then.........

Unread 19-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I think we should all be a bit careful what we say this morning.
Closed Thread