United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-08-2019, 12:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
So Mou pointing out Shaw is rarely in position exposes that he's mentally cracked?
The last four years have exposed that. I thought he might show up on SKY trying something new.

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:00 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The last four years have exposed that. I thought he might show up on SKY trying something new.
He's United's most successful manager post Ferguson though. How cracked could he have been?

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He's United's most successful manager post Ferguson though. How cracked could he have been?
Enough to get binned in December?

For the second time in three years.

I want to see Mou back in the game but I don't think he's cut out for it these days. Too mental.

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:21 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Enough to get binned in December?

For the second time in three years.

I want to see Mou back in the game but I don't think he's cut out for it these days. Too mental.
To be fair if I was the most successful manager in the game and I had a bald accountant telling me which players were good enough I'd probably go a bit mental too.

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
To be fair if I was the most successful manager in the game and I had a bald accountant telling me which players were good enough I'd probably go a bit mental too.
Any different to having a Russian crook or a Spanish civil engineer telling you the same stuff?

We'll see if he gets the Bayern job and has ex footballers giving him orders if he takes it any better.

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
No, it was very much a side swipe at Shaw. Pretty much everyone who actually watched it would agree.

He can say what he wants. I just don't think he's going to help himself on SKY by the looks of things.
Why is it a swipe to say the central defender needs to cover the full back? Most full backs need cover, and with shaw it’s definitely the case, so why is it a swipe to point it out? Think he said the issue with Maguire covering for shaw was the midfield not tracking runners into the space Maguire vacates. You can see that as a swipe too, but it’s an accurate analysis.

A swipe would be saying he’s fat, lazy and unprofessional. Saying Maguire will need to cover is an accurate analysis of the situation, and applies to most central defender and full back relationships.

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Why is it a swipe to say the central defender needs to cover the full back? Most full backs need cover, and with shaw it’s definitely the case, so why is it a swipe to point it out? Think he said the issue with Maguire covering for shaw was the midfield not tracking runners into the space Maguire vacates. You can see that as a swipe too, but it’s an accurate analysis.
Have you actually watched the clip FFS....

He was having a very obvious dig at Shaw

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:51 PM
atticusgrinch

Is Shaw not man enough to take a bit of criticism?

Are we really saying Luke Shaw is an absolute @#%&!? The kind of weakling that needs his teammates to vote him player of the season in a vain attempt to curtail his comfort eating?

Is that really going on here?

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Couldn't give a £#%&! how or if Shaw can take it.....probably doesn't give it a second thought..

Find it odd that a washed up, bitter old man is still bullying players with snide remarks for studio laughs..

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

I saw a bit where he discussed Maguire covering, but I didn’t see everything he said.

I’m sure he could have a dig at any of the players. But nothing I saw him say about shaw or the midfield was bullshit borne out of having a grudge. It was all a fair and accurate analysis, regardless of his motive for saying it. They analyse the play, and mourinho gave an honest assessment of that passage of play that I’d assume most united fans would agree on.

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I saw a bit where he discussed Maguire covering, but I didn’t see everything he said.

I’m sure he could have a dig at any of the players. But nothing I saw him say about shaw or the midfield was bullshit borne out of having a grudge. It was all a fair and accurate analysis, regardless of his motive for saying it. They analyse the play, and mourinho gave an honest assessment that I’d assume most united fans would agree on.
So you haven't seen it, but go on to give an opinion on it.

Lots of assuming though, making an Ass out of U and me (mainly you)
Classic jammy.

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Coracao

Can't wait for this thread any time he dare criticise a United player all season tbh

Unread 13-08-2019, 01:58 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
So you haven't seen it, but go on to give an opinion on it.

Classic jammy.
As the subject was Maguire covering shaw, and I posted I saw that section where he discussed it, I assume that meant I said I’d seen it. Maybe there was another section where they discussed it again, which is why I said I didn’t see everything mourinho said during the show.

Misrepresenting what a poster wrote, classsic bunker.

Unread 13-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Bunker Buster

It ain't that big

Just says a lot about Jose really and where his head is at.....(a mess)

Unread 13-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

Are we really saying Luke Shaw is an absolute @#%&!? The kind of weakling that needs his teammates to vote him player of the season in a vain attempt to curtail his comfort eating?

You’re not allowed to risk hurting people’s feelings, even if it’s when commenting on a job someone is paid 150k a week to perform.

Quote:

So what part of the ‘dig’ was unfair or inaccurate?

Unread 13-08-2019, 02:05 PM
Bunker Buster

That he's shite at getting back and is a unfit fat £#%&!......

You know, like he's publicly called him out for years...

Unread 13-08-2019, 02:36 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I'm sure he'll be the bigger man here

Unread 13-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
That he's shite at getting back and is a unfit fat £#%&!......

You know, like he's publicly called him out for years...
I didn’t hear him say that. But then again, if he had I’m still not sure which part of that would be classed as unfair and inaccurate.

Unread 13-08-2019, 05:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Any different to having a Russian crook or a Spanish civil engineer telling you the same stuff?
Not really, that helps explain him getting sacked from those jobs as well?

Unread 13-08-2019, 08:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I reckon Shaw and the other players will laugh at it.

I'm just surprised Mou thinks coming across as bitter and mental as per will get him back in the game quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not really, that helps explain him getting sacked from those jobs as well?
He got on famously with Perez. The Madrid players drove him out more than anything.

Think Perez would/will have him back there given the chance.
Closed Thread