United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Smeggs

Thumbs down Gartside and all this Old Firm nonsense...

couldn't see a thread

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/8353937.stm

What the £#%&! gives them the right to think they can join the english leagues and even then at the top level?

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:18 AM
borsuk

Default Re: Gartside and all this Old Firm nonsense...

the pope said so

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:19 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

I presonally think there is a place for them but they should start at the bottom - League 2.
Swansea and Cardiff play in the English leagues so I don't see why rangers and celtic couldn't also be part of it but there is no divine right to join the premier league straight away.
I actually think they would struggle to get out of the championship.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:21 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Why just let them in to the premier league? Did AFC wimbledon just get let in to the Premier league? Did FC United? Did AFC Liverpool? New clubs to English football should start at the bottom and have to work their way up.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Why just let them in to the premier league? Did AFC wimbledon just get let in to the Premier league? Did FC United? Did AFC Liverpool? New clubs to English football should start at the bottom and have to work their way up.
Yup.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
I presonally think there is a place for them but they should start at the bottom - League 2.
Swansea and Cardiff play in the English leagues so I don't see why rangers and celtic couldn't also be part of it but there is no divine right to join the premier league straight away.
I actually think they would struggle to get out of the championship.
there is huge difference though, the welsh clubs have been part of the system for a century and the exisiting league in wales is semi pro unlike scotland. The motivation for this is purely money which i don't think can be levelled at swansea and cardiff back when they became part of the football league.

what pisses me off more than anything is the plan to change the current structure just to accomodate those @#%&!s. bet the police forces of the land wuill have something to say about it too.

if i could take any positive it would be them finding thier level, perhaps fighting relgation to league 1 every year. nice.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Smeggs

Thumbs up Re: Gartside and all this Old Firm nonsense...

Quote:
As long as we make that clear the 'idea' will go away very quickly.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:27 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
there is huge difference though, the welsh clubs have been part of the system for a century and the exisiting league in wales is semi pro unlike scotland. The motivation for this is purely money which i don't think can be levelled at swansea and cardiff back when they became part of the football league.

what pisses me off more than anything is the plan to change the current structure just to accomodate those @#%&!s. bet the police forces of the land wuill have something to say about it too.

if i could take any positive it would be them finding thier level, perhaps fighting relgation to league 1 every year. nice.
The welsh clubs had to start somewhere as will the scottish, of course its money orientated though, hence why they should start at the bottom.
Lets be honest if Rangers and celtic left then scottish football would almost be semi pro, its £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Mr_Ed

We will not go back to 22 teams in the PL - fact. I hope in some way they do come down and Notlob get relegated as a result. The #@&%!.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:31 AM
borsuk

Quote:
impossible. the number of fans they have would simply make it a disaster for all concerned - travelling fans in their tens of thousands to grounds holding a few hundred etc. - and would spoil the leagues themselves by turning every competition into a walkover. pointless.

this is a special case, we're not talking about new teams like afc or fc, but established teams moving to a new league. if they come in, they should come in at a lowish level but it should be a professional league (2 or 1), not the bottom level of the pyramid.

if everybody agrees then i don't see a problem. don't see the attraction either, but there you go. geographical player limits (home grown rules for the squad and starting 11 on any day) would go a long way towards making the smaller leagues more competitive internationally and domestically and removing the need for clubs like celtic and rangers to look abroad.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:33 AM
My Name is Keith

I can't see a single positive. Two clubs that I absolutely detest being given some sort of 'nod and a wink' deal into the Premiership. It's outrageous.

Wonder what Gartside would be saying if the outcome was that two existing Prem clubs had to be relegated to accommodate them and one of those was Bolton.

Surely, all English football clubs would have to be able to vote on this issue - not just Prem clubs?

As has been said, they should have to start from the bottom but then what happens with the rest of the Scottish clubs? Are they all allowed to join a new British league?

I really want to hear Gill et al knock this %@#$&!s into touch but given there's a bit of cash involved, I doubt I'll hear anything.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I can't see a single positive. Two clubs that I absolutely detest being given some sort of 'nod and a wink' deal into the Premiership. It's outrageous.
It'd give the "your bigots are worse than our bigots" forum on here an added zest.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Baron

They should £#%&! off & stay in their own league, and play within their means, like the Dutch, the Belgians, the Swedish etc do. If they want to get more money, start a proper youth development program & don't £#%&! all your money on Tore Andre Flo.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:47 AM
toseeunited

It would never happen without the rest of the Scottish teams having a vote on it so it's a non-starter anyway.

Add what Rangers did to our city and they can not possibly be "given" 2 spots in th PL!

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:49 AM
forzagarza

There should be a "Celtic" league with Welsh, Scottish and Irish teams. Rangers should be forced to play in that and then just disband Celtic.

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:49 AM
wiganste

It won't happen so I wouldn't worry about it.

Unread 11-11-2009, 12:24 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It won't happen so I wouldn't worry about it.
I fear it's one of those things that if you say it often enough, eventually there will be less aversion to it. To this end, a few Prem managers and Chairman have now come out in support of this proposal 'in principle'.

£#%&!ers.

Unread 11-11-2009, 12:28 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
impossible. the number of fans they have would simply make it a disaster for all concerned - travelling fans in their tens of thousands to grounds holding a few hundred etc. - and would spoil the leagues themselves by turning every competition into a walkover. pointless.

this is a special case, we're not talking about new teams like afc or fc, but established teams moving to a new league. if they come in, they should come in at a lowish level but it should be a professional league (2 or 1), not the bottom level of the pyramid.

if everybody agrees then i don't see a problem. don't see the attraction either, but there you go. geographical player limits (home grown rules for the squad and starting 11 on any day) would go a long way towards making the smaller leagues more competitive internationally and domestically and removing the need for clubs like celtic and rangers to look abroad.
I don't see a problem with it myself, the away fixtures would be moved to larger grounds nearby and for the little clubs it would be a big payday that could keep them going for years. When AFC wimbledon formed they boosted the leagues they went through no end with their support and I'm pretty sure most of these teams wouldn't mind an 8-0 dicking twice a season and a race to finish second if it leaves them secure for years to come.

Unread 11-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Sparky***

I wonder if this new two-tier premier league system will be given a serious thought if these arses get in?

I think what would be funny is if they get 'seperated' for a period. Like Celtic get promoted into the premier league and rangers are left languishing in the championship for a few years.

They'd die without each other.

Unread 11-11-2009, 12:36 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I wonder if this new two-tier premier league system will be given a serious thought if these arses get in?

I think what would be funny is if they get 'seperated' for a period. Like Celtic get promoted into the premier league and rangers are left languishing in the championship for a few years.

They'd die without each other.
a "2 tier PL" is just a way to make more money from tv revenue. the championship will become the PL2 or something and they will charge more for the rights. a load of %@#$&!s init!
Closed Thread