United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-01-2022, 03:29 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Even if he wanted out, where exactly is Ronaldo going to go?

He was available all this Summer and only City showed interest as a last resort.
City then.

Following in the footsteps of a former teammate.

Unread 10-01-2022, 03:44 PM
tatty

City don’t need him.

And I can’t see why they’d want him when they can buy the best young talent around.

Unread 10-01-2022, 04:55 PM
Blomq15

Martial to Sevilla has collapsed apparently. United have asked for "an enormous amount." Might be bluff or it could just be that we're awful at selling players.

Unread 11-01-2022, 01:28 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
City don’t need him.

And I can’t see why they’d want him when they can buy the best young talent around.
Global popularity, to actually sell the tickets they claim they have, etc.

Unread 11-01-2022, 06:44 AM
My Name is Heath

We can never, EVAH, play Greenwood and Rashford on thé ‘wings’ again.

It’s one or the other.

Too greedy. Can’t assist the main forward.

Bruno, Pogba, Sancho and Elanga all are better in the 3 behind the 1.

Unread 12-01-2022, 12:07 PM
Bion

Regardless of who steps into the dugout, Harry Redknapp predicts it will require even more patience.

Speaking to The Sun, the manager said: "You would struggle to find one of the current lot who would have been a regular in some of the teams under Sir Alex Ferguson.

"Even the keeper David de Gea - who has been their best player by far - but would you put him in ahead of Edwin van der Sar or Peter Schmeichel before him?

"That's how big the re-building job is for [Ralf] Rangnick. That's why you can't start blaming a manager who's only been there five minutes. Of course, United could have a good cup run. A few decent draws and you're flying, but a serious title challenge? That's at least two years away, probably longer to be honest."

Unread 12-01-2022, 03:21 PM
tatty

The problem is how many of these players have the mental and physical fortitude to deal with the demands of a manager that wants to get them to a level where they can challenge.

Some have neither attribute.

A few have one but not the other.

I can’t really think of any who have both, Greenwood perhaps?

Unread 13-01-2022, 12:41 AM
marlo

is anyone ready to talk about the issue that ralf is having to undue toe damage caused of oles culture of “do what you want”.

no one was left out for poor performances and players didn’t face any consequences.

the culture ole created and encouraged is the problem that ralf is trying to deal with

Unread 13-01-2022, 12:47 AM
jem

undue toe damage?

no £#%&!ing wonder.

Unread 13-01-2022, 02:03 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
is anyone ready to talk about the issue that ralf is having to undue toe damage caused of oles culture of “do what you want”.

no one was left out for poor performances and players didn’t face any consequences.

the culture ole created and encouraged is the problem that ralf is trying to deal with
Ordinarily, I'd go out of my way to disagree with you but Ole was a calculated appointment by the Glazers.

I don't have any issue with fans who were desperate for him to succeed...and I don't have any issue with Ole himself who was handed a dream job.

There is only one party to blame for the situation we're in now.

Unread 13-01-2022, 06:10 AM
My Name is Heath

Our squad needs to watch this and learn about consequences

Unread 13-01-2022, 10:31 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

People have literally been talking about this for weeks

Unread 13-01-2022, 10:48 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
People have literally been talking about this for weeks

Unread 13-01-2022, 11:13 AM
dunk

The flip side is that Ole managed the squad and the players to get as much out of them as he could while keeping a lid on the nonsense. What you’re seeing now is the fallout as the players are no longer interested in working for the manager and it’s all falling apart, probably triggered by the arrival of Ronaldo for some reason.

Whether the Ole approach was right or wrong is open for discussion, but I’d imagine his remit when given the job wasn’t to burn it down and rip the heart out of it, based on the fact the funds to replace the entire squad aren’t there

Unread 13-01-2022, 11:24 AM
AK14

I’m not sure there was any need for a lid until Ron showed up with all his professionalism, high demand, work ethic etc. They were happy to coast and although we finished 2nd it’s not like we actually challenged for 1st…

Ole tried to be chummy and it worked for a bit (let’s not paper of the fact we were shite under him for large parts too) but they inevitably eventually turned on him.

As much as we like him and he’s got a history with the club let’s not forget he helped create what we’re seeing at the moment.

Unread 13-01-2022, 11:28 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak14
i’m not sure there was any need for a lid until ron showed up with all his professionalism, high demand, work ethic etc. They were happy to coast and although we finished 2nd it’s not like we actually challenged for 1st…

ole tried to be chummy and it worked for a bit (let’s not paper of the fact we were shite under him for large parts too) but they inevitably eventually turned on him.

As much as we like him and he’s got a history with the club let’s not forget he helped create what we’re seeing at the moment.
we were top this day 12 months ago

Unread 13-01-2022, 11:33 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
we were top this day 12 months ago
Top in January?!

Should have offered him a lifetime contract.

Unread 13-01-2022, 11:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Top in January?!

Should have offered him a lifetime contract.
You’d take it now..

Unread 13-01-2022, 11:37 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’m not sure there was any need for a lid until Ron showed up with all his professionalism, high demand, work ethic etc. They were happy to coast and although we finished 2nd it’s not like we actually challenged for 1st…

Ole tried to be chummy and it worked for a bit (let’s not paper of the fact we were shite under him for large parts too) but they inevitably eventually turned on him.

Disagree nearly entirely with this. The end of his reign was depressing and he 'lost' the dressing room ( ) but the vast, vast majority of people were praising what he had done with the squad.

Most of the players aren't fit to lace ronnies boots but it's not a stretch of the imagination to say it was an awful signing. He's simply not young enough to drag us up by our boot straps, so all that's happened is he's been frustrated with the rest of the players and they've had their nose put out of joint by him coming in.

We're an absolute £#%&!ing mess but I wouldn't even blame Jose for where we're at. This is completely down to the total lack of direction and coherent strategy from above.

Ed £#%&!ing Woodward.

Unread 13-01-2022, 11:40 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You’d take it now..
Well that makes sense…

I’m sure you’d take us finishing 2nd like we did under Mou come the end of the season yeah?

Makes no sense. Just waffle

Facts are Ole is one of the reasons we’re in the mess we find ourselves in.
Closed Thread