United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2020, 10:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
He's no worse than any of our current centre backs. fergie bought him and played him.
As usual with our support the best players are always the ones that aren't playing for us.

Just because Lindelof is a wet blanket and Maguire has had an up and down time of it, let's not rewrite history shall we?

Unread 03-01-2020, 10:47 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As usual with our support the best players are always the ones that aren't playing for us.

Just because Lindelof is a wet blanket and Maguire has had an up and down time of it, let's not rewrite history shall we?
Do you think Lindelof and Maguire will ever win the league with United like Smalling did twice?

Unread 03-01-2020, 10:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Do you think Lindelof and Maguire will ever win the league with United like Smalling did twice?
United won't the league again for a very very long time mate. And i can assure you, Maguire and Lindelof won't be the reason.

Unread 03-01-2020, 10:54 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
United won't the league again for a very very long time mate. And i can assure you, Maguire and Lindelof won't be the reason.
They will be long gone before we win it again.

Smalling will be remembered in years to come as part of our last league winning side. Fact.

Unread 04-01-2020, 12:35 AM
Dr Stranger

No worse than Maguire and a £65m loss.

United

Unread 04-01-2020, 06:59 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Please let's not pretend he's any good because he's had a couple of good games in Italy ffs.

Jesus christ. He's £#%&!ing shit.
Yep. He's shite. Well suited for Italian Football and it shows. Imagine him in that first half against Arsenal, it would've been 10x worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Onside
Smalling will be remembered in years to come as part of our last league winning side. Fact.
Tom Cleverley was part of our last title winning team as well. Fact.

He's also £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 04-01-2020, 10:50 AM
woody78

Quote:
May as well play Phil Jones if that's your logic

Unread 04-01-2020, 11:14 AM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
May as well play Phil Jones if that's your logic
Jonny Evans seems to be doing ok at another club too. Just saying.

Unread 04-01-2020, 11:56 AM
woody78

Quote:
Jonny Evans seems to be doing ok at another club too. Just saying.
Maguire seemed to do ok at Leicester too

What's your point?

Unread 04-01-2020, 11:57 AM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Maguire seemed to do ok at Leicester too

What's your point?
Perhaps it's not the players fault? it's instructions and coaching.

Unread 04-01-2020, 06:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Perhaps it's not the players fault? it's instructions and coaching.
Or maybe, United is just too big for some of them?

Unread 04-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Or maybe, United is just too big for some of them?
Not so much now, under Ole we are mid table.

Unread 04-01-2020, 06:15 PM
red in cumbria

You know what I mean, even if we got relegated we would still be a "big" club. That's also why no mark teams still put in an extra effort against us.

Unread 10-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Zorg

Unread 10-01-2020, 02:28 PM
barca99

The decisions to let him go on loan and keep Phil Jones is £#%&!ing laughable.

I suppose it was probably written in Malcolm Glazers will or something, nothing to do with Ole.

Unread 10-01-2020, 02:54 PM
utd99

It’s really not that difficult a question. Is he a better defender than Jones, Rojo and Bailly? If so, why are they still here and he’s somewhere else?

You’re not made better by having worse players.

Unread 10-01-2020, 03:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s really not that difficult a question. Is he a better defender than Jones, Rojo and Bailly? If so, why are they still here and he’s somewhere else?

Bailly was going to Lyon before he got injured by all accounts, and Rojo to Everton. Nobody wants Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
The decisions to let him go on loan and keep Phil Jones is £#%&!ing laughable.

I suppose it was probably written in Malcolm Glazers will or something, nothing to do with Ole.
There was an offer for Smalling, who wanted to play regularly. There wasn't an offer for Jones, who will take what he can get. There are about 20 defenders at the club, some had to leave.

Unread 10-01-2020, 03:18 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Bailly was going to Lyon before he got injured by all accounts, and Rojo to Everton. Nobody wants Jones.
My take on Smalling is simply this: He’s in no way the solution to our biggest problems (before some zed runs off and does another £#%&!ing search), is in no way good enough on the ball to play the way Ole obviously wants to play, or good enough generally to be starting CB at a club with ambition. That being said, in an injury crisis I would trust Smalling more to come in and actually defend our goal more than I would the others currently stinking the squad up. I also kind of admire the way he has left and re-established some credibility elsewhere. All our on-loan players can do is play and play well, and by all accounts he has.

Unread 10-01-2020, 05:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Literally because Jones is better with the ball at his feet than Smalling.

It's just a shame his head is usually on the floor at the time.

Unread 10-01-2020, 05:10 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:

It's not that simple though. Could be wrong but I'd imagine they would've been happy to get rid of any and all of the above in the summer.

If you have a bunch of shit@#%&!s you want to get rid of and someone offers to take the best of them off you, do you decline on the basis that you want to get rid of the worst ones first? We're either having a clearout or we're not. If there is a decent offer on the table for any of the unwanted, we should be taking it.

I think the club have done well in terms of getting rid of the deadwood over the last year. The big problem has been getting players in.
Closed Thread