United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2020, 01:59 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So delighted that City decided to grace little old man utd with their strongest team.

Thanks City!
Thank god this came out after we won, or you'd have had nothing to post about you boring shit.

Unread 12-01-2020, 02:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Thank god this came out after we won, or you'd have had nothing to post about you boring shit.
Are you alright mate?

If you need to talk i'm here x

Unread 12-01-2020, 02:05 PM
History

It was one thing Moyes saying things after 2 months of being with the champions, Mourinho talking about something deeper than just general quality of the squad with the football heritage stick.

No point pretending City are not better than us. They are, and at the moment we have to compare ourselves with the top of the table and how we stack up against them, lets not forget it was only 2 years ago when city put the reserves out against us in the league cup under mourinho after dicking us only a few weeks earlier

Ole has taken a toxic club, is in the process of a major clear out playing young players who (shock) are inconsistent, whilst we are playing in flashes the best football we've played in years.

The squad is dogshit, however Solskjaer has shown already he can work in the transfer market so he has my full faith until otherwise.

Ole in. Daniel Taylor and the other Athletic subscribing Opta Xg Twitter Mongs can get to £#%&!.

Unread 12-01-2020, 02:09 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
It was one thing Moyes saying things after 2 months of being with the champions, Mourinho talking about something deeper than just general quality of the squad with the football heritage stick.

No point pretending City are not better than us. They are, and at the moment we have to compare ourselves with the top of the table and how we stack up against them, lets not forget it was only 2 years ago when city put the reserves out against us in the league cup under mourinho after dicking us only a few weeks earlier

Ole has taken a toxic club, is in the process of a major clear out playing young players who (shock) are inconsistent, whilst we are playing in flashes the best football we've played in years.

The squad is dogshit, however Solskjaer has shown already he can work in the transfer market so he has my full faith until otherwise.

Ole in. Daniel Taylor and the other Athletic subscribing Opta Xg Twitter Mongs can get to £#%&!.
Kaboom.

He could have just as easily said 'it was the shitty arsed league cup, not long since we beat them at their ground in the £#%&!ing league'.

Unread 12-01-2020, 02:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

No point pretending City are not better than us. They are, and at the moment we have to compare ourselves with the top of the table and how we stack up against them, lets not forget it was only 2 years ago when city put the reserves out against us in the league cup under mourinho after ******* us only a few weeks earlier

Ole in. Daniel Taylor and the other Athletic subscribing Opta Xg Twitter Mongs can get to f***.
This.

It's not 2013 anymore. We have finished between 4th and 7th since then, with one season in 2nd.

We can cherry pick the odd quote from him, but he's generally not negative or downplays United.

It's not Mourinho saying we're lucky to be even playing in the CL against Sevilla - Ole would say this club should be there

He smiles. Oh no. How awful. Weren't we all complaining about how negative Mourinho was? Like he hated being here?

Moyes was negative with a team of Champions.

Ole is acknowledging where we currently are. He frequently (correctly) cites the fine margins a younger team needs to go their way and he talks a lot about how hard they work (for all their flaws, they do) and wants us back at the top.

There is a lot about his tenure to make us doubt whether he can do this, but his attitude certainly isn't one of them.

People turning on him on a personal level can get to £#%&!.

Unread 12-01-2020, 02:56 PM
Whiteside onside

Some people need a reality check, we have just beaten the bottom side.
Ole is not the second coming. we need a proper manager ASAP.

Unread 12-01-2020, 03:02 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
We’ve had 5/6 years of reality checks. What are you on about? We’ve tried lots of managers with hugely different styles (and in the case of LVG and Mou, had generally excellent track records) and it’s not worked. This is a different approach. It might work, it might not but it’s too early to call.

You bleat on about changing the manager every £#%&!ing day. Give it a rest ffs.

Unread 12-01-2020, 03:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
He is a proper manager. You aren’t a proper fan, pundit or critic.

Unread 12-01-2020, 03:26 PM
Jethro

Part of me wants Allegri to come in just to see the stupid £#%&!ers on here with egg on their face in a few seasons time.

Unread 12-01-2020, 03:26 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
We’ve had 5/6 years of reality checks. What are you on about? We’ve tried lots of managers with hugely different styles (and in the case of LVG and Mou, had generally excellent track records) and it’s not worked. This is a different approach. It might work, it might not but it’s too early to call.

You bleat on about changing the manager every £#%&!ing day. Give it a rest ffs.
2 of the biggest names in managing football clubs. At some point we have to stick and there are enough positives to say it's now. Summer window really important.

Unread 12-01-2020, 03:40 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Part of me wants Allegri to come in just to see the stupid £#%&!ers on here with egg on their face in a few seasons time.
Or Bielsa, because we're sorely missing a manager who can coach at such a high level and inspire his squad to one win in their last 6 games in the Championship.

Unread 12-01-2020, 03:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Or Bielsa, because we're sorely missing a manager who can coach at such a high level and inspire his squad to one win in their last 6 games in the Championship.

It’s like the muppets comparing Lampard favourably to Ole for beating Spurs at Spurs, their one win in a run that included 5 or 6 defeats

Unread 12-01-2020, 03:53 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Unread 12-01-2020, 04:07 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Tbf, I think I was guilty of pulling lvg and mou up for stuff like this. Admittedly, it was after 2/3 years of their respective tenures when we could all see where they were directing us but then, whiteside, windy and sparky are different gravy.
Criticising the decisions he makes is one thing - totally legit - but this petty sniping is something else. It’s just a little bit too fervent and delivered with just a little too much glee for my liking. There are altogether too many people who call themselves United supporters who appear to have a vested interest in our manager failing; it’s just not right.

Unread 12-01-2020, 04:08 PM
AK14

Quote:
Ole in. Daniel Taylor and the other Athletic subscribing Opta Xg Twitter Mongs can get to f***.
If this doesn’t bring Siders back then I don’t know what will

Unread 12-01-2020, 04:28 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Criticising the decisions he makes is one thing - totally legit - but this petty sniping is something else. It’s just a little bit too fervent and delivered with just a little too much glee for my liking. There are altogether too many people who call themselves United supporters who appear to have a vested interest in our manager failing; it’s just not right.
If it was a journeyman, egotistic #@&%! in charge, who was only in it for the money, then I could understand the logic, but Ole is one of those ex-players who you know truly loves United and everything the club stands for. It truly baffles me why people are so against him, when he's simply not been given the time, players and budget that any manager would clearly need to take us back to the top.

Unread 12-01-2020, 04:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
"vested interest"..."delivered with glee"

Round and round we go. if you criticise, you're "enjoying it" that's all you've got left.

You cannot defend the indefensible so instead you accuse people of being against the club and deriving enjoyment out of shit results.

How dare any one hold the manager to the standards to which we held all the others.

The fact of the matter is no matter how you dress it up and no matter how you try and smear everyone who has the temerity to criticise, if his name wasn't Ole Gunnar Solksjaer you'd all be demanding he get the boot.

And that makes you all £#%&!ing hypocrites.

Unread 12-01-2020, 04:35 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Quote:

Round and round we go. if you criticise, you're "enjoying it" that's all you've got left.

You cannot defend the indefensible so instead you accuse people of being against the club and deriving enjoyment out of shit results.

How dare any one hold the manager to the standards to which we held all the others.

The fact of the matter is no matter how you dress it up and no matter how you try and smear everyone who has the temerity to criticise, if his name wasn't Ole Gunnar Solksjaer you'd all be demanding he get the boot.

Why are you being so stupid all of a sudden? No one is saying you shouldn’t criticise ole - just that we are clearly in the early days of a managerial tenure which needs to transform a dysfunctional poor team - a process carried out against a backdrop of a clueless club. We all said it would take a huge turnover of players and years to get right. This is Ole’s 1st season.

Criticise within that context and I think we’ll all be fine with it.

Unread 12-01-2020, 04:42 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Irrespective of whether you enjoy the shit results - a lot of you don’t even seem to get enjoyment out of the good results?

That’s the bit I struggle to understand.

A cracking win yesterday and people are still falling over themselves to stick the boot in. We beat City and Spurs and the first thing people say is “let’s see if he can motivate us against the bottom of the table teams”

It’s just relentlessly negative. There’s no doubt things to criticise, but if you can’t see the good things he’s done too, and give him credit for them, you’re just not being objective and can’t complain about your opinion being dismissed

Unread 12-01-2020, 04:43 PM
utd99

Quote:

Mate, I’ll debate the actual football and actual decisions all day long, but you can’t have it both ways. You led with a spurious snipe that has literally £#%&! all to do with football then moan about how we’re avoiding the footballing aspect.

Can you really not see it?
Closed Thread