United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2019, 05:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Whatever he came up with, I would have thought it was as clear as day that he had to begin from one simple premise: that the centre of the park we put out against SU could never happen again. Yet there it was, and there it was...again. Indefensible.
He added Mata to it tbf

The paucity of options that led to Mata being selected should alarm anyone that follows United.

Unread 02-12-2019, 05:33 PM
BoJosRedArmy

Nearly a year in the job now, which players have improved under ole?

Unread 02-12-2019, 05:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJosRedArmy
Lukaku.

Unread 02-12-2019, 05:45 PM
Chorlton74

I've got a memory like a sieve (or have I? ) but we're the games during that unbeaten run as bad as anything like this?

Unread 02-12-2019, 05:46 PM
Cream

Quote:
Fred

In partial seriousness, do we have players who can improve? I think he's gone the other way and shifted or relegated some of them.

He'll build his own side thank you very much.

Unread 02-12-2019, 06:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
I've got a memory like a sieve (or have I? ) but we're the games during that unbeaten run as bad as anything like this?
No, but some weren't as convincing as all that.

Unread 02-12-2019, 06:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
Said this ages ago, What credentials have they got? especially Carrick.
What credentials did Kidd, phelan etc have when fergie hired them? We’re not on the inside witnessing things to make such a judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Not seen much since. A lot has been said about him getting rid of the shit in the squad which is a plus but that’s the easy bit.
If it was the easy bit, it would have been done by previous managers rather than them adding to it.

Unread 02-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
pretty much every opposition player

Unread 02-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He'll go. Regardless of what any of us WANT to happen, the inevitable will happen sooner rather than later going on what we're seeing on the pitch. We've played two newly promoted teams in a week and the most damning thing is that at no point did we look any levels above either of them.
Both games without The Scottish Player. Prior to that, we were starting to show decent signs of progress. Does anyone not think we’d be at least 10 points better off now if the club had bought 2 central midfielders in the summer?

Unread 02-12-2019, 06:53 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Both games without The Scottish Player. Prior to that, we were starting to show decent signs of progress. Does anyone not think we’d be at least 10 points better off now if the club had bought 2 central midfielders in the summer?
Not if Pereira was playing beside them, we'd definitely be ten points off had we changed manager though

Unread 02-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Its not about instantly winning a lot more games, its about actually looking like a coached side, He's been in the job 11 months and ive still no idea what his style is. A coaches team should look like that coaches team by this point at least in style, regardless of the players quality.
I couldn’t tell you fergie’s style 3 years into the job. In fact, I’d have said his style was negative and shit. It was certainly nothing like what we saw in 91/92 when we started to see some actual decent football taking shape.

As it is, I think what ole wants is pretty clear. Fast, attacking football, often counter attacking against the better teams, wide players, pressing, full backs pushed forward, and the attitude and dressing room culture we got used to under fergie.

Fans underestimate the importance of dressing room dynamics on onpitch performance. Did pochettinho change his coaching recently or were the differences in spurs’ performances down to changing dynamics within the dressing room? Like when fergie started at united, he had to change the dressing room before we could really see what he wanted on the pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
We're gunna drag this shit on until it gets even more embarrassing then get rid.

Just do it now
Is there anyone who wouldn’t have been saying that in 1989?

Quote:
Are you seeing that something?
I’ve seen a lot of shit over the past 6 years. I’m seeing enough under ole to give him time. He deserves at least 3 more signings.

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:03 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
I couldn’t tell you fergie’s style 3 years into the job. In fact, I’d have said his style was negative and shit. It was certainly nothing like what we saw in 91/92 when we started to see some actual decent football taking shape.

As it is, I think what ole wants is pretty clear. Fast, attacking football, often counter attacking against the better teams, wide players, pressing, full backs pushed forward, and the attitude and dressing room culture we got used to under fergie.

Fans underestimate the importance of dressing room dynamics on onlitch performance. Did pochettinho change his coaching recently or were the differences in spurs’ performances down to changing dynamics within the dressing room? Like when fergie started at united, he had to change the dressing room before we could really see what he wanted on the pitch.

Ole isn't Fergie ffs and times have changed. Stop saying this shit.

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Chester Road

Quote:

The grinny gog routine is getting a bit tiresome tbh.

Tiresome is under-stating it.....I was all grinny gogged out after we were humiliated by a truly shit Everton side

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Gavin ran a successful ice cream van for 2 years. Dominating a small village scene.

Let's give him the job as CEO of Apple.
Football is about managing people and having knowledge of the game at the highest level.

A rookie created Apple, and Microsoft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
And if everything was down to the coaches then you could bring in any player you wanted to bring success.
Even a coach as renowned as van gaal said he could only get an extra 10% out of someone, or a group. Guardiola is rated a great coach, yet replaced around 20 players in his first 18 months at city. Fergie looked absolutely shite during his first 4 years at united. Was he shite, or were the players not capable of what he wanted?

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
There’s only so far you can go with the Fergie analogy mate. Regardless of whether we’d love to back to the 80’s or not, Ole has to work in today’s game. Different market, different mentalities, different expectations; plus which, I think it’s clear that comparing him to a unique personality isn’t fair on him.

If all we have is some unknown future and absolutely nothing now he won’t survive, simple as that.

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:10 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He's never waivered from his 4213 approach, .
Other than when he’s used wingbacks or a 433.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We've looked shit for six months. Whoever plays.
We’ve generally looked shit for 6 years. Longer even, as I’d say fergie’s team often looked shit in his latter years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He's the best available option out there & he is looming large given the atrocious results & performances of this Utd squad since March. Winning 1 in 3 of your league games isn't good enough, in any kind of transition. Just isn't.
Pochettino did that at spurs with the team he built.

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:17 PM
barca99

Will people stop trying to use fergie comparisons ffs

We tried it, it hasnt worked. Go get a proper manager and we might be able to save something this season and actually start building for the future with someone who knows what they are doing.

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:18 PM
ryanMUFC

No doubt these people blindly defending the performances this season will wind their necks in after the 2 games this week.

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:18 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Will people stop trying to use fergie comparisons ffs

We tried it, it hasnt worked. Go get a proper manager and we might be able to save something this season and actually start building for the future with someone who knows what they are doing.
exactly....remember when Moyes was the new Fergie too

Unread 02-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
If we gave him the £130m+ we spent last summer do you think he'd of coached the side better than Ole would have in the same period? Fact is, he's a better coach. .
Ole inherited a team with huge dressing room problems. A comparable example for Pochettino would be the past 6 months at Tottenham and their dresssing room issues, and he didn’t exactly handle it very well.
Closed Thread