United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-12-2019, 06:50 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not a priority for me. I'd have a couple of midfielders and another pacey, dangerous forward player who can play on the right. If adding a striker, perhaps more of a squad player for me right now.

Ideally I'd love Sancho, a high quality deep midfielder and a world class all-round midfielder.

If we have enough money left to get a quality striker then great. Would like to get an idea of Greenwood's potential as a striker before looking at a Haaland etc.
Not a priority? Fair enough. I find that mental tbh. But I have thought we have needed one for going on 18 months.

Unread 04-12-2019, 07:08 AM
shenwen

We definitely need another top class striker. Greenwood is nowhere close to ready. Martial I fear is another season of disappointment, and Rashford can’t hold the line himself.

But midfield is he absolute priority. We‘re bare. We could get by with Rashford, James, Greenwood and Martial as outlet attack but we can’t carry on with the midfield we’ve got.

Unread 04-12-2019, 08:12 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
We definitely need another top class striker. Greenwood is nowhere close to ready. Martial I fear is another season of disappointment, and Rashford can’t hold the line himself.

But midfield is he absolute priority. We‘re bare. We could get by with Rashford, James, Greenwood and Martial as outlet attack but we can’t carry on with the midfield we’ve got.
Haland is a must at this stage. Him on the end of Hames crosses

Unread 04-12-2019, 08:38 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Completely agree.

How £#%&!ed is our squad

We really need a striker because we haven't got one, but fixing the midfield has to be the priority. What a shit-show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Was thinking about this, what sort of cruel irony would it be if he bangs a hatrick past the scousers to secure Salzburgs place in the Champions League knock-outs at Liverpools expense, and then decides to hold off moving so he can play in the latter stages of the Champions League.

Unread 04-12-2019, 08:39 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
We actually agree on something.

Unread 04-12-2019, 09:12 AM
Sparky***

What a joke.

God almighty our club is full of @#%&!.

Unread 04-12-2019, 10:15 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What a joke.

God almighty our club is full of @#%&!.
Did say yesterday whilst talking to myself no need to worry he would be injured again. Absolute flower of a player pathetic

Unread 04-12-2019, 10:17 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
out of the spurs game as seeing jose would be too upsetting for him. i mean muscle injury
Me and Cream called it in the match thread.

Need to get shot of this joker.

Unread 04-12-2019, 06:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not a priority? Fair enough. I find that mental tbh. But I have thought we have needed one for going on 18 months.
Our midfield without Pogba may be the worst in the top half. Martial as a striker is not even close to that level of concern imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
out of the spurs game as seeing jose would be too upsetting for him. i mean muscle injury
Mason's time

[SIZE="1"](Lingard will start)

Unread 07-12-2019, 10:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Unread 07-12-2019, 10:47 PM
My Name is Keith

Big Toneh

Unread 07-12-2019, 11:18 PM
Furry Russian hats

Good finish today Tones, see you again in January. Keano knows.

Unread 07-12-2019, 11:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Big Toneh
I was going to...but I’m not going to.

Great strike.

Unread 07-12-2019, 11:51 PM
David Crank

Contributed a lot more than just a brilliant goal. £#%&! Keane on this one. Tony's here to stay.

Unread 07-12-2019, 11:57 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Unread 08-12-2019, 12:02 AM
Cream

Good goal and good workrate to stay with the ball after being closed down.

Not sure what Keano said but agree with him 100%.

Unread 08-12-2019, 12:03 AM
armchair

he's back

Unread 08-12-2019, 12:27 AM
AK14

Quote:

Was class today tbf

His ability has never been a problem, it’s his consistency. Get that sorted like Rashers has and he’ll be fine.

Unread 08-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Red Santos

His body language is terrible. Spends most of the 90 minutes strolling around the pitch adjusting his £#%&!ing gloves. @#%&! needs a rocket up his arse

If his work rate matched his unbelievable talent he'd be world class no question.

It doesnt though unfortunately.

We need to bring in a better forward next summer

Unread 08-12-2019, 11:20 AM
redhegemony

What's unusual with Tony for a centre forward is his dribbling ability as well as being two footed and quick.

Him Rashford and James can all beaten players with both skill in a one to one and pace - it's phenomenal having such a skilful trio.
Closed Thread