United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Betty's Hotpot

Default Carlos Queiroz doesn't get the credit he deserves

He compliments sir Alex brilliantly imho. How many teams can boast to having an ex Madrid manager as their assistant? After 1 dodgy season I think he's proved to be a more than capable assistant.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:31 PM
believe

good point and i think you're right.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:32 PM
MUFC One Love

He became 'good' again when Fergie properly took charge again.

When he was left to run it himself pretty much we was shite and boring.

MOTWYW.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:36 PM
antonin jablonsky

Hmmmm, seems to me United have had a number of assistants under Fergie and we've been succesful with all of them. Did McClaren get enough credit for the treble? Personally I'd suggest as long as you can run a training session and answer questions with the Beeb, Fergie'll do the rest no matter who you are.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Crumps

One of the best coaches in world football and a massive factor in why we have Nani, Anderson and Ronaldo at United. Not too sure about him as a manager tbh but his recent experience may have changed that. Would prefer him as the next boss to Keane, Hughes etc etc etc

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He became 'good' again when Fergie properly took charge again.

When he was left to run it himself pretty much we was shite and boring.

MOTWYW.
I suspect he'd be a disastrous manager of United.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
a massive factor in why we have Nani, Anderson and Ronaldo at United.
Probbly true and if so his main positive impact on United.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Cantona's collar

Queiroz falls into the same bracket as Kidd and McLaren i.e. great coach, shit manager.

Hopefully he'll never get the chance to manage United (again).

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:39 PM
wonky no

i'm not really sure what he brings to the party to be honest.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:39 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
i'm not really sure what he brings to the party to be honest.
I've heard he makes a mean jelly.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:40 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

He called the fans "idiots". Not happy with paying hugely inflated ticket prices to pay the interest payments of the clubs debts now we should be giving credit to someone who has no respect for the people who pay their wages?

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:41 PM
puressence

hes leaving in the summer

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Gazw649

Fergie only hires an assisstant to give interviews to the BBC.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
hes leaving in the summer
If he does, he does. Fergie'll just get another assistant and we've already got Ronnie, Nani and Anderson.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:46 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I've heard he makes a mean jelly.
did you read that on the sanc?

remember "it stays on here"

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Good coach. Don't see any reason why he should be given the job of replacing SAF. Infact it would be a huge gamble.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Good coach. Don't see any reason why he should be given the job of replacing SAF. Infact it would be a huge gamble.
Given McClaren and Kidds maegerial careers I'd have thought it to be a bit more than a gamble, I'd say it's likely to be a disaster. Good Assistants rarely make good managers and Fergies never have.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:52 PM
elephantstone

remember Keane's rant on the binned MUTV interview where his main venom was directed at Carlos? He said no one rated him at any club or country he worked with and that Ferguson was the only one that rated him. He also ranted about the fact they played 4-5-1 was because of him.

Unread 15-11-2007, 12:57 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
remember Keane's rant on the binned MUTV interview where his main venom was directed at Carlos? He said no one rated him at any club or country he worked with and that Ferguson was the only one that rated him. He also ranted about the fact they played 4-5-1 was because of him.
is there a stream of that anywhere, i never saw it at the time.

Unread 15-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Given McClaren and Kidds maegerial careers I'd have thought it to be a bit more than a gamble, I'd say it's likely to be a disaster. Good Assistants rarely make good managers and Fergies never have.
I read somewhere, can't remember if it was the Guardian or the Times where someone was suggesting he could be SAFs replacement because he has
experience with managing South Africa and Real Madrid. I imagine it would take alot of character and a stronger cv to replace someone who's has been
at a club for 21+ years and enjoyed the success SAF has had.
Closed Thread