United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing was.
No point arguing but for my money LVG was the least watchable of all the post Fergie dirt we’ve had to endure. At least with Mou we knew to expect some shit on a stick, with LVG most of us were expecting some 90’s Ajax, what we got wasn’t football.

Unread 17-02-2019, 05:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
No point arguing but for my money LVG was the least watchable of all the post Fergie dirt we’ve had to endure. At least with Mou we knew to expect some shit on a stick, with LVG most of us were expecting some 90’s Ajax, what we got wasn’t football.
The intentions were different. At no point during the LvG years did I just stop watching all football because the football on offer from United was so gut wrenchingly, eye gougingly and, most crucially, inevitably £#%&!ing bad that it put me off the game as a whole.

Unread 17-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
The intentions were different. At no point during the LvG years did I just stop watching all football because the football on offer from United was so gut wrenchingly, eye gougingly and, most crucially, inevitably £#%&!ing bad that it put me off the game as a whole.
Plenty felt the same way during LVG’s time. Intentions mean nothing when you are hanging on for a 1-0 at home to a relegated Villa. The fact is the best football of his reign came with Young hitting Fellaini on the diagonal, it wasn’t a foundation and so it proved. It’s done now and no-one is going to change their mind either way. I just hope we get a DoF that prioritises style of play.

Unread 17-02-2019, 05:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
Not even the worst football of the last 4 years.
Yep

It was shit under Mou

Van Gaals football was absolute toilet.

Unread 17-02-2019, 06:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep

It was shit under Mou

Moyes at his worst "topped" either of them.

End of debate

Unread 17-02-2019, 06:06 PM
saffers

Quote:
£#%&!ing was.
ffs

Unread 17-02-2019, 09:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yep

It was shit under Mou

Very different things.

Would always prefer to struggle to turn dominance into lots of goals than watch United terrified of the opposition and the football.

Defensive football at United should always be rejected. I hope the board understand that. Simeone links a worry.

Unread 17-02-2019, 09:51 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Very different things.

Would always prefer to struggle to turn dominance into lots of goals than watch United terrified of the opposition and the football.

Defensive football at United should always be rejected. I hope the board understand that. Simeone links a worry.
This.

Also interesting people mistaking the best run of results with the best football under LvG.

Unread 17-02-2019, 10:00 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
This.

Also interesting people mistaking the best run of results with the best football under LvG.
Go on mate, when was the scintillating football I overlooked?

Unread 17-02-2019, 10:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Go on mate, when was the scintillating football I overlooked?
There’s literally no point in me telling you, the fact I have to says it all.

Unread 17-02-2019, 10:47 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
There’s literally no point in me telling you, the fact I have to says it all.
Agreed.

Unread 17-02-2019, 11:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Agreed.
About you tbf.

If you didn’t find the arrival of Martial and Rashford and even Jesseh and the football they played far more exciting and interesting than anything Young and Fellaini or Mourinho were involved in then that is your loss.

Unread 17-02-2019, 11:14 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
About you tbf.

If you didn’t find the arrival of Martial and Rashford and even Jesseh and the football they played far more exciting and interesting than anything Young and Fellaini or Mourinho were involved in then that is your loss.
So not content with pretending LVG wasn't a resounding failure you are now claiming his best spell wasn't the run everyone thinks of but some other run of games where we played great football. If you think this is a reflection on me I can't help you.

Unread 17-02-2019, 11:47 PM
saffers

Quote:
About you tbf.

Young and Fellers were pretty central during that famous 4 game run under lvg.....

Unread 17-02-2019, 11:50 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Moyes at his worst "topped" either of them.

End of debate
£#%&! me, this with #@&%!s on, no debate whatsoever

Unread 17-02-2019, 11:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Very different things.
Not really

Other than the possession stats obvs.

One was shit with 40% possession stats, the other was absolute shit with 70%. You don’t get extra points for having more of the ball and doing £#%&! all with it.

Unread 18-02-2019, 02:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Not really

Other than the possession stats obvs.

One was shit with 40% possession stats, the other was absolute shit with 70%. You don’t get extra points for having more of the ball and doing £#%&! all with it.
One got sacked mid season...

Anyway, if you don't see the difference fair enough. For me a United team should always want the ball, not be scared of it.

Unread 18-02-2019, 06:48 AM
puressence

best utd game last 10 years was under louis the 3-0 away at everton ..complete masterclass

Unread 18-02-2019, 07:30 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Young and Fellers were pretty central during that famous 4 game run under lvg.....

The famous four game run

What. A. Guy.

Unread 18-02-2019, 09:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
best utd game last 10 years was under louis the 3-0 away at everton ..complete masterclass

Masterclass.
Closed Thread