United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2019, 05:18 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
i think we'll buy young players and maybe rabiot on a free to replace Ander. £150 max. We'll sell about £50mil worth of players too.
as much as that?

Unread 01-04-2019, 05:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
this...it's not like Woodward, as dopey as he is, has not been throwing millions about, he did sanction the Pogba deal ffs, and even last summer we still spent £50million he wouldn't give Maureen the cash for Perisic and more especially Boateng (who is shite, injury prone and way over-priced).....not defending him as he's still done a lot wrong but in England only City and the Dippers are spending more than us and I am prestty sure that will change this summer

Glazers at the wheel......
Woodward has allowed three very different managers with very different visions to spend hundreds of millions in six years. That’s pretty poor management tbf.

He’s signed off on all the deals we’ve done and now with the Sanchez contract looking like it’s completely ruined the wage structure at the club. Again that’s poor managment on his part

Surely the fact we’ve spent so much with Woodward as CEO and are still quite a way off having a squad to challenge for a title speaks volumes about the structure at the club that he’s the head of?

We’re still being linked with the likes of Harry Maguire and Wilf Zaha (he’d be similar in age to when we tried to sign Perisic), would any one be at all surprised if we signed that sort of player after chasing the likes of Varane all summer?

Unread 01-04-2019, 05:28 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Great news, another turd flushed.

Hopefully this abysmal thread, with the cringiest title ever, will soon sink like a stone.

Chuck the thread starter in the deep blue after it as well with some ‘gigante’ concrete boots on.

Unread 01-04-2019, 05:28 PM
AK14

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not sure why there’s such skepticism about us spending a lot in the summer

Pretty sure outside of PSG and City we’ve been the biggest spending club in the world since Fergie retired
Haven’t we spent something like only £50m net (yeah I know, net etc) in the last two windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
i think we'll buy young players and maybe rabiot on a free to replace Ander. £150 max. We'll sell about £50mil worth of players too.
Let Herrera go for nothing because he wants 200k and bring in a bad egg like Rabiot on a free for 250k and a huge signing on fee

Yep that sounds about right tbf and honestly can see us doing something like this.

Unread 01-04-2019, 05:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Not sure why there’s such skepticism about us spending a lot in the summer

Pretty sure outside of PSG and City we’ve been the biggest spending club in the world since Fergie retired
Precisely why there's so little trust in us spending wisely.

The huge sums of money aren't new. Actually improving the team would be.

Unread 01-04-2019, 05:44 PM
windy waffles

Assume he isn't going to be captain, now?

Unread 01-04-2019, 05:53 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Only Spanish player I know* who's never been capped for them.**

* I don't know many.
** He could have been capped

Unread 01-04-2019, 06:20 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Only Spanish player I know* who's never been capped for them.**

* I don't know many.
** He could have been capped
He has two caps.

Unread 01-04-2019, 06:50 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Hopefully this abysmal thread, with the cringiest title ever, will soon sink like a stone.

Chuck the thread starter in the deep blue after it as well with some ‘gigante’ concrete boots on.

Unread 01-04-2019, 06:56 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Haven’t we spent something like only £50m net (yeah I know, net etc) in the last two windows?

Let Herrera go for nothing because he wants 200k and bring in a bad egg like Rabiot on a free for 250k and a huge signing on fee

Yep that sounds about right tbf and honestly can see us doing something like this.
In the last two summer transfer windows we’ve spent 200 million net

Unread 01-04-2019, 07:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
In the last two summer transfer windows we’ve spent 200 million net

Yeah...

£50m net this season tbf.

Anyway, we’ve spent a shit load in the last 6 years. As we all know It’s how it’s been spent that’s been the problem.

Unread 01-04-2019, 07:17 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Just another post wishing a death on a fredster.

Stable genius Neo delivers again.

Saying "another turd flushed" while the likes of Jones Smalling and Young have been handed new deals. £#%&!ing dumb @#%&!.

Unread 01-04-2019, 10:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He has two caps.
Reminds me of how amazing it was that Steve Bruce never got a single one for England.

Unread 02-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Just another post wishing a death on a fredster.

Stable genius Neo delivers again.

Saying "another turd flushed" while the likes of Jones Smalling and Young have been handed new deals. £#%&!ing dumb @#%&!.

True dat

Unread 02-04-2019, 08:16 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Under the glazers?
not for long.....

Unread 02-04-2019, 08:24 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Reminds me of how amazing it was that Steve Bruce never got a single one for England.
Are you suggesting that Herrera nicked one of his?

Unread 02-04-2019, 04:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Are you suggesting that Herrera nicked one of his?
No, but that Herrera has a few for Spain - despite their incredible strength of depth in his area - sort of emphasises how strange that was.

Unread 02-04-2019, 04:58 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
not for long.....
2022 black away kit hopefully

Unread 02-04-2019, 05:41 PM
Whalefish

Sanchez deal has a lot to answer for, that's thrown an almighty spanner in to most contract negotiations. That's certainly Ed's fault and the miserable bag of shite, Sanchez, needs shifting asap. I'm not sure I fully understand the reasoning behind the change in their contract policy too. This x number of years + 1 year, and the decision to only really ramp up negotiations when a player is entering the last 18months (or final year). Penny pinching but like Arsenal/Ramsey it's set to bite United on the arse.

However, I suspect Herrera has been made a very good offer - for a player who has turned, or will be turning soon, 30. I don't care who they are, and what they say to the press, they're all greedy £#%&!ers and he's taken the better deal. Can't blame him but I'll take exception if he comes out with they (PSG) made an offer first, United didn't do enough etc. All of it's %@#$&!s. Moving forwards should he be first choice in a 2 or 3 man midfield? He's a squad player at best so £200k a week?

It now comes back to who will he be replaced with? If it's someone already at the club getting more mins then United will miss his empty bag of crisps in the wind style, if it's a new face then probably not.

Just to ask, would he be first choice at PSG?

Unread 02-04-2019, 05:53 PM
FraUtd

Not in the squad tonight, and not injured, done deal?
Closed Thread