United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2006, 08:11 AM
koppas

Thumbs up So we may be signing a striker in January eh?

Here's hoping Carlos Tevez makes the trip up the M40 in a month or so. As shit as he has been at West Ham, he would still make a good signing at a club he wants to play for.

Unread 21-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Rossi the Red

Snubbed mate!

Unread 21-11-2006, 12:14 PM
armchair

I'd have him because I'd take just about any signings to our paper thin squad but he looks like a poor man's rooney to me.

Unread 21-11-2006, 12:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Wrong type of striker really, plays off, like Rooney. Aren't we going for Darren Bent? He'd likely be a good signing and settle in very quickly as Saha's backup/competition.

Unread 21-11-2006, 12:15 PM
puressence

darren bent will be joining on the 9th january

Unread 21-11-2006, 12:36 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I hope so.

That he's joining. Not the signing date.

We been there somewhere before.

Unread 21-11-2006, 12:48 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I hope so.

That he's joining. Not the signing date.

We been there somewhere before.
darren bent would be a great signing for us

Unread 21-11-2006, 12:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
darren bent would be a great signing for us
Dunno about a great signing but I suspect definitely a good one. Plenty of pace, good physique, good finisher and young enough to improve. Good backup for Saha to start with a view to challenging him for the starting place over time. Half the price of Torres at least too and without the likely settling in period due to language difficulties and change of football. I'd still take Torres though if we could get and afford him though.

Unread 21-11-2006, 12:57 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Dunno about a great signing but I suspect definitely a good one. Plenty of pace, good physique, good finisher and young enough to improve. Good backup for Saha to start with a view to challenging him for the starting place over time. Half the price of Torres at least too and without the likely settling in period due to language difficulties and change of football. I'd still take Torres though if we could get and afford him though.
spot on bedders .just not sure about torres . he has potential no doubt , but the settling in is a £#%&!er

Unread 21-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Bent wont sign. Even some of the tools who turn up at OT these days wont wear a shirt with 'BENT' on the back, the marketing people wont allow it.

Torres all the way.

Unread 21-11-2006, 01:02 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
me too, if we could afford him, dunno about buying a new striker prefer to see rossi play more games tbh and then in the summer when/if we have the money get torres
I just don't think Rossi is mobile enough. He'll never stretch defenses. Great first touch and an eye for goal. If he could pass he'd have a chance in mid.

Leave him at Newcastle(or maybe a run at Sunderland in the new year) at least until summer then reassess him.

Unread 21-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I just don't think Rossi is mobile enough. He'll never stretch defenses. Great first touch and an eye for goal. If he could pass he'd have a chance in mid.

Leave him at Newcastle(or maybe a run at Sunderland in the new year) at least until summer then reassess him.
the thing with rossi that he has great acceleration just like rooney

Unread 21-11-2006, 01:07 PM
TheNew

Can we afford to spend £10m on him AND go for Torres in the summer?

If it's one or the other, I'd rather leave Bent alone for the time being. Bring Rossi back and maybe look to taking someone on loan. What about Cassano who is out of favour at Madrid?

Unread 21-11-2006, 01:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Again with Rossi, he's more of an off-striker, could be a good backup to Rooney. Cassano is the same and no better in my opinion

Unread 21-11-2006, 01:37 PM
koppas

Quote:
Again with Rossi, he's more of an off-striker, could be a good backup to Rooney. Cassano is the same and no better in my opinion
Rossi won't make it at UTD. I think that is apparent. This loaning out business was %@#$&!s. He won't be at the club in a year. If he was good enough, he would've stayed. Thats my belief anyway.

- Oh and by the way I like the lad but the truth hurts sometimes.

Unread 21-11-2006, 01:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Rossi won't make it at UTD. I think that is apparent. This loaning out business was %@#$&!s. He won't be at the club in a year. If he was good enough, he would've stayed. Thats my belief anyway.
I don't think it's entirely clear what Rossis future holds at United. I think it is clear that Fergie chose where to send him carefullyand is furious with the Barcodes for their treatment of his loan and it will be interesting what happens when he returns. This suggests to me that he is still in the plans at United, though this could change.

Unread 21-11-2006, 01:45 PM
koppas

How old is he now? 19, 20? I just think if he had a big future at the club he would've played a more bigger part. I just don't think SAF is sure which strikers he wants as it is clear he only wants four. The thing is he doesn't know which ones and whether they lie within - which I don't think they do.

PS - nice to see a good thread going without a WUM or a #@&%!head throwing stupid remarks in. A good old fashioned debate. Well done Fred!

Unread 21-11-2006, 01:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
How old is he now? 19, 20? I just think if he had a big future at the club he would've played a more bigger part. I just don't think SAF is sure which strikers he wants as it is clear he only wants four. The thing is he doesn't know which ones and whether they lie within - which I don't think they do.

PS - nice to see a good thread going without a WUM or a #@&%!head throwing stupid remarks in. A good old fashioned debate. Well done Fred!
I find it strange that Fergie would be so careful about where he loaned Rossi and that he was only willing to do so 'til January if he didn't think he had a future at United.

Unread 21-11-2006, 01:53 PM
koppas

Quote:
I find it strange that Fergie would be so careful about where he loaned Rossi and that he was only willing to do so 'til January if he didn't think he had a future at United.
You could be right mate. I just don't think he will play a big part for us.

Unread 21-11-2006, 01:57 PM
puressence

Quote:

Closed Thread